Falador's 4 Standing Stones?

drixoman

Well, there could be something planned with it, but fact is, we don't know. We also don't have a use for that machine in the slayer cave in the desert, a use for daeyalt, a lot of doors/gates are still locked for us.

We just have to be patient. :P

the waiting is really bothering me because the thing is that area has been around since 2004...all of the thing you mention, if my memory is correct, was released after 2004...

basically that area is probably one of the oldest unresolved used area...i don't think even prif is that old...

The oldest is probably either of Varrock Bank's locked rooms. Do you EVER get to get in there?

Yes i think i got in there once, and a lot of other people did too

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

For those of you who haven't seen the stones or can't be stuffed to go:

[hide=The stones]Runic_Symbols_by_PeaceShot.jpg[/hide]

Runic Symbols

Sorry, but I don't know where the hide tags are.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

For those of you who haven't seen the stones or can't be stuffed to go:

[hide=Runic Symbols]Runic_Symbols_by_PeaceShot.jpg[/hide]

Runic Symbols

Sorry, but I don't know where the hide tags are.

There ya go.

And that's interesting, never knew about the eye symbol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Probably for a quest, don't seem to be for anything else. We'll just have to wait and see what they do with them though :)

I have a hard time thinking that jagex plans quests 5 years in advance...maybe general storylines, but far enough to put in actual items? I don't believe it. I think it is just something to add a bit of mystery and depth to an otherwise empty space.

its not that they plan quests 5 years in advance its, they put off creating quests for 5 years due to getting caught up with other projects and yes this happens alot.

I think it's one of those things to show that Runescape's history is far greater than what we know. Apparently there's an archive in Jagex HQ about Runescape history which they use for consistency, and I doubt that the stones (which I presume to be an ancient site of religious or magical importance) aren't mentioned in it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

From the Postbag:

Dear Reldo,

I think I have found evidence of an ancient cult. It seems to have dissapeared but left clues to its existance. The clues are too numerous to list, but it led me on quite a trail. I started at the shrine north of Falador and ended up in Draynor Manor.

I have discovered that the magical symbols there were very similar to one of the symbols I have found in the shrine. My other discoveries are as follows:

The cult had possession of the house before Count Draynor (Or perhaps Count Draynor was one of them?)

There was a battle that took place there, ending in one room (Possibly the cult's last stand)

The ghosts of the cultists still reside (The largest concentration of ghosts was in the most damaged room, showing further signs of a last stand)

Most of the items in the house are possessed by other cultists.

The witch is possibly connected with them - trying to cover them up or something. She may also just be a current resident.

The furniture and such did not come till after the house was mostly destroyed, perhaps it was redecorated to cover up the details of the cult.

Anyways my question is: do you have any information about a cult that used to reside in Draynor, who were fond of using cryptic clues to leave their mark on the world, and any further information about any battles that took place there? This information is for me, an archeologist trying to find societies that no longer exist.

Please and thank you.

And the Response:

My inquisitive friend,

Having spent a great deal of my life researching the histories of Misthalin and Asgarnia, I am quite familiar with the symbols you describe on the rocks north of Falador, though I was not aware of their presence in Draynor Manor. Every time I sent one of my junior researchers to explore that house, they would disappear - no doubt into one of the seedy bars in Port Sarim or Falador. Having said that, I've dug through a few tomes and found some sketches of the symbols in Draynor Manor.

I can see a distinct similarity to one of the symbols from the odd stone shrine north of Falador - the spiral, specifically - though the other symbols do not appear in any of the images I have seen. This particular pattern is common in many cultures as a symbol of growth and fertility: it represents the uncurling of a plant as it bursts from the soil. The complete symbol you have found in Draynor Manor, however, actually occurs in a number of locations across Runescape, especially wherever mages are likely to reside.

Should you choose to examine some of the walls in the Wizards' Guild (which I do recommend, as Yanille is especially lovely this time of year), you will find identical symbols. Wizard Cromperty, one of my least reliable correspondents (his letters are often lost or hideously delayed), tells me that he has had the same symbol emblazoned on the walls of his own house as an aid to his more intricate spells.

It is possible that cults in the past have used these symbols, but it is in itself no more sinister than the everyday act of teleporting across the width of RuneScape. If anything, this symbol tells us that the witch you claim to have seen within the Manor is much more than an eccentric woman, and is very probably capable of some powerful magical acts.

On another note, I am confused by your references to the furniture in Draynor Manor. Is there something about this furniture that surprises you? I should think furniture was a common feature of most houses.

Your learned friend,

Reldo

I also remember during the release of summoning, information was released that the image on the cracked stone was the "life rune". The Life rune was supposed to be used to summon creatures when summoning was an expansion on the magic skill. The development of the skill changed from that as we can see today. The cracked rock is simply an eye candy of what used to be a concept in the game, but is all but gone now.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I think that at this point we can assume that the stones were either always intended as a decorations, or were related to something that never came to pass. I would severly doubt that they will ever be related to anything now. The only stone that seems to mean anything is that of the broken life rune, probably the whim of who ever created the rocks to honour the life rune that never existed with an ingame monument. The other 3 just have random symbols on them, though the spiral is on a few decorations all over runescape.

So... this is what I see from the rocks.

-The symbol on the omni-talisman (the sun thingy)

-The symbol for earth

-The symbol for the old "Confuse" spell

-The eye-thingy... I don't know what it is

What can that depict?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

As a youngin (AKA in my newb days), I always wondered what the stones meant whenever I did clue scrolls that lead to it. Very mysterious... perhaps they will have something to do with a future grandmaster quest. EDIT: Might have something to do with the White knight storyline (that would be awesome).

[hide=Someone had to say it]Four stones... a compass has four points.

A compass is used by sailors.

Sailors use boats.

Boats have to do with SAILING@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@[/hide]

dragonkincompass.png

Dragonkin symbol - 8 pointed compass.

[hide]

amg sailing!!!!11

[/hide]

I think it's was something that got pushed to the bottom of their list and they may have forgot about it because it was at their very bottom task...

btw...does it exist in Classic as well? if so then they probably forgot/abandoned it...

I do not believe it's for decoration as the location and the way the rock is enclosed seem too weird to be just a joke...

It's likely related to a quest... I won't be surprised if they planned out many thing for 5 years or more...but those Stone don't seem to relate to anything coming into the game in the near future...