How to recover an account I don't remember the username?

FellonyNoob

I had a pretty damn good account a year or two ago, and I can't remember the real username. I remember before I stopped playing ti was named FOOKINPRAWNS or some variant of that. I have another username in my accounts list on tip.it, named "silly prawns". Since just logging on to this account today after who knows how many months, I can't remember a damn thing about the account. Is there anyway to find this information out?

PS: I think it was ranked in hunter, but I can't remember much

35hedkh.jpg

Do you know anybody on it's friends list who could tell you the account name? Apart from that, the onl thing I can think of would be to look up all variants of the name you can remember on the RS highscores if it has any skills ranked.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Maybe if you had an e-mail address linked to that account?

If you can't remember the username (and can't get it through the above methods) there isn't really anything you can do :ohnoes:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

If you can't remember the username (and can't get it through the above methods) there isn't really anything you can do :ohnoes:

Man that really sucks...

It's just there...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

35hedkh.jpg

Would you have taken any screenshots of the account, level ups, etc. and either kept them on your computer or posted them online somewhere?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

If you did have an e-mail registered, I believe you can log in by simply using your e-mail and password. Idk if that would help at all, but try guessing all the e-mail address you've owned in the past?

No to both questions

Is it possible to contact Jagex and they tell me the original username?

I've never heard of Jagex being particularly lenient with things like this, but you could certainly try. Idk how to contact Jagex directly like this, but if you simply provide all the information required for a standard account recovery, then just say you forget the original name, they might give it to you. Worth a shot.

add fookinprawns to your friends list and see if there's a symbol next to it. Then just hover over that and it might tell you the original name

I don't even think there's a way to get in touch with them and have them help. Of course they have their Account Help forum but I don't know how much they actually help the people that post there. And your case is certainly an odd one. I think the only way even they could solve it would be to make an IP address connection, and even that may not work if your IP address has changed at all.

Posted Image

I don't even think there's a way to get in touch with them and have them help. Of course they have their ?250,251]Account Help forum but I don't know how much they actually help the people that post there. And your case is certainly an odd one. I think the only way even they could solve it would be to make an IP address connection, and even that may not work if your IP address has changed at all.

Tried, said that jagex cant give out that info...

ERGGGGG I dont know what to do

35hedkh.jpg

I don't think there is any way to recover an account that you don't know the name of...

And if all else fails, you can always start a new account. Don't let losing an account ruin the fun of training a character.

But I do...................

So it's totally NOT possible to recover this account?

35hedkh.jpg

Not unless you know the password to it. Jagex support isn't all that helpful unless you know a lot about the account. I'd just make a new account.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I don't think there is any way to recover an account that you don't know the name of...

And if all else fails, you can always start a new account. Don't let losing an account ruin the fun of training a character.

If you set recovery questions, you could recover your password.

Big_Stingman.png

But he'd still have to know the account name.

Posted Image

2 years ago is not that far, probably you could remember. Do you recall any nicknames people gave you? Starting from a nickname could be a good way to remember the rest. For instance most people call me "high", from there I would be able to deduce highlander.

Or better yet do you remember the reason that you chose your nickname? The stuff you were into at the time?

Nice cat in a box avatar btw.

2480+ total

But he'd still have to know the account name.

Well what I gathered from the quote tree above, is that he said he does know the name of the account?

Big_Stingman.png

Given that before that point he has been continuously saying that he does not know the account name, I'm guessing he was replying to:

"Don't let losing an account ruin the fun of training a character."

"But I do..................."

Meaning that the account was so far along and he was so personally attached to it that starting over would not be fun for him.

Posted Image

Given that before that point he has been continuously saying that he does not know the account name, I'm guessing he was replying to:

"Don't let losing an account ruin the fun of training a character."

"But I do..................."

Meaning that the account was so far along and he was so personally attached to it that starting over would not be fun for him.

Oh alright. Thanks for pointing that out.

Then yes, I do not see how he cant get the account back. :(

Big_Stingman.png

If you have no other options, snail mail may be the trick, as I doubt they get an abundance of it. Just make sure you write everything down, decorate the mail extra pretty, and put hearts all over or make a really cool mural. If it stands out enough and you find the right address to mail it to, perhaps someone at jagex will take notice and help you out?

Sir_Veysas.png