Tip.It Times - 31st March 2013

tripsis

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

callingwriters.jpg

WRITE FOR THE TIMES - SUBMIT A GUEST ARTICLE:

Remember, YOU can write an article for the Tip.It Times! You can apply to write full time, or just submit a "one-off" guest article any time you want! Our editors will work with you to ensure that your article is ready for publication. All guest articles can be submitted to @tripsis or any other Editorial Panel member. For more information, including details on how to apply full time, read this forum thread: http://forum.tip.it/topic/209138-how-to-write-for-the-tipit-times/

I'd like to remind people of the rules pertaining to Times threads:

[hide=Read these rules before posting in this thread]

Rampant flame wars have taken control of virtually every week's times discussion topics. The following guidelines must be followed when posting on this topic. Posts that ignore these guidelines will be removed.

1. You are invited and welcome to express like or dislike on articles and a particular author's writing style. It is not acceptable, however, to flame or personally insult an author. Posts that aren't anything but an attack will be removed from the topic.

2. Spelling and grammar errors can be reported to tripsis by PMing her and they will be fixed promptly. It is not necessary to post them on the discussion topic.

3. Off topic posts that do not discuss the content of that week's articles will be removed. This is not the place to discuss the direction of the times, how much you love or hate the times, etc. Off topic posts will be removed.

By keeping within these guidelines, Times discussion topics will mean more for the Panel and Administration than just a place for flame wars. Flame wars do not provide any useful feedback to the Times, which is mainly what we're aiming for with these topics: feedback.

This policy is effective as of now, November 17, 2010. Any posts prior to the creation of this policy may or may not be removed according to the new guidelines.

[/hide]

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in an article then please PM them to @tripsis. :)

Enjoy the articles!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Surely that's not the real BTS? If so, that's yet another lackluster month (after March - though March was sort of decent). Yet another D and D? No thanks. There are already far too many of them, and most are quite generous. I don't really like this trend of D and D's. I feel that they are replacing regular training. As for the Guthix Wildy event; that seems like another forced effort to revive the Wildy. Unless I am mistaken, the reward is Guthix trimmed armour? Not exactly too enticing.

Not sure if serious... It's to close to April fools!!

Fears of Guthix (Members only)

Do i start buying out all guthix armour i can get my hands on incase this is real. 7 man teams to get guthix armour in the wild... Ya this will end well for encouraging people to do the content.

I don't know what to do... Market speculation is lame April fools joke!

Whack-a-(giant)-mole (Members only)

Here i was hoping for a mole rework :evil:

Update on Flowers

really....solomons store...

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

To the two posters above me, this is obviously not the real behind the scenes. For one, when did a behind the scenes have an author like Arceus? Also, the text that no one reads at the bottom containing the disclaimers has jokes in it. Also also, when does Jagex miss a chance to write something like:

Finally, as well as some new promotions on the Squeal of Fortune and new items in the Solomon's General Store...

Personally I think it was well done and funny. Obviously tricked some people here. I wonder if Guthix armor will rise in the next few hours over this...

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

To the two posters above me, this is obviously not the real behind the scenes. For one, when did a behind the scenes have an author like Arceus? Also, the text that no one reads at the bottom containing the disclaimers has jokes in it. Also also, when does Jagex miss a chance to write something like:

Finally, as well as some new promotions on the Squeal of Fortune and new items in the Solomon's General Store...

Personally I think it was well done and funny. Obviously tricked some people here. I wonder if Guthix armor will rise in the next few hours over this...

1- Says in the beginning that he got it from mod mark

2- it does say at the bottom for new items coming to solomons in the flowers section

3- Ya there are jokes but they can easily be mods trying to make levity over last month from the rage at tww being delayed and the rage from people blaming old servers for the delay.

April fools joke or not it is convincing enough to fool people to actually spend gold in the hopes of guthix gear rising. A few of my clan mates already have. And that just not cool turning an april fools joke into something that can actually cause people to waste hard earned cash on the hopes of an item rising.

michel555555.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

And that just not cool turning an april fools joke into something that can actually cause people to waste hard earned cash on the hopes of an item rising.

Investing in an item in hopes that the item will rise carries an inherent risk. If you invest in an item, you should accept that risk.

I really don't feel it is necessary for the Tip.it Times to start placing disclaimers about how we're not responsible for any losses, etc.

April fools joke or not it is convincing enough to fool people to actually spend gold in the hopes of guthix gear rising. A few of my clan mates already have. And that just not cool turning an april fools joke into something that can actually cause people to waste hard earned cash on the hopes of an item rising.

Surely your clanmates could have read the disclaimer before immediately jumping on the pr0 m3rchant train.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Surely your clanmates could have read the disclaimer before immediately jumping on the pr0 m3rchant train.

wasn't there for the first few hours

michel555555.png

I did preface my post with incredulity. I suspected it might be April Fool's, but it wasn't April 1st here, and the updates in that article seemed plausible. As for Arceus authoring a BTS, well he did mention that he got from Mod Mark; Tip.it generally has friendly relations with Jagex and had this been true, it would not have been the first time Tip.it got exclusive information. As for the disclaimer at the bottom, I missed it. And yes, the article was incredibly well done and quite satirical. :razz:

@Behind the Scenes - April

Everyone knows at Tip.It that we're as awesome as we are immodest

Awesome? Debatable. Immodest? Yes, I can think of examples for years... truer, far truer, Arceus, than you know, even said in satirical jest.

Be mindful, Tip.It... your days of "we're all that" passed long ago. I'm surprised the general tenor of the forum posts hasn't changed too much, although I *will* say the quality of moderation has much improved. Much more practical and less heavy-handed. I'm not ashamed at all to say it's much better than I did, but yes, you'll just have to keep guessing.

@Beginner's Guide to EoC [Pt. 2: (Re)Learning to Fly]

Suggesting Dungeoneering as a testing method to learn EoC mechanics-- interesting. I have yet to really test dual wield implementation in Daemonheim, but from what I've read so far (mostly here, kudos) it seems an appropriate comparison even in that aspect.