� The Dreams of A 'Scaper :: Seo �

fmm2ac.jpg

NOTE: Still updating and adding to those growing sections and mini-sections. Please be patient while I populate them with pictures and text! Thank you!

Hey guys! First and foremost, welcome to my RuneScape Blog! You'll find updates, announcements, and also some random stuff about my RuneScape career.

My name's Xiaogege but you can call me Seo. Now, over with the formalities, let's move onwards to the blog itself.

~Table of Contents~

|1| Introduction |1|

|2| How It All Began |2|

|3| From Then To Now |3|

|4| Recent Achievements |4|

|5| My Skills |5|

|6| My Goals |6|

|7| My Bank |7|

|8| Drops |8|

|9| Screenies |9|

|10| Acknowledgements |10|

30rth0o.jpg

[hide=About Me]As I said before, my username in RuneScape is Xiaogege. Its my main and my very first account. I only have one account aside from that but I never use him. Call me Seo, pronounced See-Oh. It came to me as a good nickname on RuneScape after I told my Mac to read my username. Anyway, Im a sort of a grammar freak. Always conscious about what I type and how to word it correctly, but everyone makes mistakes, so I wont yell at you for spelling separate seperate. :P If you ever want to see me or anything, just give me a PM on tif or shoot me a private message on RuneScape. Im usually on World 46 if you want to find me and I hang out a lot at the magic trees. My timezone is UCT +8 (Beijing, China), rather odd one so youll see me on if youre sick and away from school. Hopefully, well meet soon!

Thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of the blog! ::'[/hide]

10571no.jpg

[hide=In The Beginning]It all began in summer camp a few years ago (was it four or three...). A friend showed me the game in the computer lab, and I thought Hmm, looks cool. When I got home I made an account and played a bit. I made a few friends around early Gielnor like Arwin4234 and Skater5132. They dont play anymore, but I keep them in my friends list for memorys sake. <3: I remember moments like making a few hundred gp every few minutes off of chickens, getting a steel 2H, and eventually losing interest after school began. A new grade, new friends, and new classes took priority over RuneScape and I stopped, still only a F2P player in the 20s. Of course, this blog would be pointless if this is all that happened, so let me tell you how I started to play the game again.

Im Chinese. I go to visit my family in Beijing every summer and sometimes during the winter. I got bored after a summer of almost nothing and remembered the game RuneScape. I decided to try it again after I returned to the US, and I did and continued playing (how I remembered my password, dont ask me). It was really fun and a lot had changed. :thumbsup: I would continue to play, gaining membership, watching RuneScape grow and expand, and eventually become what I am now. This bring us to the next section, From Then To Now.[/hide]

~From Then To Now~

[hide=My Old RuneScape Life]A lot has changed. No, a lot is an understatement. Pretty much everything (except my username) has changed since I first started. From needing to refer the world map every step I took and thinking you farmed in those big potato fields all over RuneScape :lol: to being asked for tips and advice. My character has also advanced, although Im not quite satisfied with it yet. To give you a feel, Ill tell you a few things that I used to do.

Every scaper has needed money at some time, whether it be to admire and show off with or for that shiny steel 2H you were just able to wield. :P Geepees are essential. How did I make it? I was rather lucky to have joined in on the feather market. At the chicken pen on the east side of the River Lum, I killed chickens and sold their feathers to high leveled players (90+ :o ) for five to ten each, making a few hundred every few minutes. I was exciting because I had no idea of the value of a single gp. What is infinitely worthless now was a lot of money to me back when the only store I bought from was the general store, spending a few gp every time I went.

What did I actually do on RuneScape? Well, I explored. I would run around from Lumbridge to Varrock, jealous of members for their ability to jump over things (agility shortcuts); from Varrock across Barbarian Village with the dangerous barbarians to Goblin Village, saving a damsel in distress by killing a goblin (don't ask :-# ); from Goblin Village to Falador where I watched players slaughter the helpless guards; and from Falador to Rimington where I observed the mysterious glowing purple portal (house portal). I talked too, and made friends. Other than that my existence would be considered pointless today, but it was somewhat of a fun adventure to me back in the day.

Now that you know what I did in the past, prepare for the enormous change that has occurred in the next mini-section: My New RuneScape Life.[/hide][hide=My New RuneScape Life]In my current frenzied life to gain levels and complete quests, I take for granted what I dreamed of in the past. Teleports, Spirit Trees, Construction, and of course, the ease of money-making (although I complain about the slow profits of them now :roll: ). I now chop magics for cash. An easy 150k an hour that requires only occasional clicking on trees. Due to my current time zone, theres never really any serious competition, leaving me to have the 3 trees to myself. I used to keep 100 coins, an axe, a tinderbox, and a knife everywhere I went in the past, but now I only bring specialized tools like my dragon axe, hunting traps, or a certain amount of money. This is partly due to my ability to skill continuously and my never-ending strive for efficiency.

What do I do when I'm bored? No, I don't log off and do something else, that'd be much too inefficient! I go and chop mages, while I read a book, listen to music, or chat. What do I do when I want to have fun? Explore the world and find unknown treasures like 20 gp on the ground or a few adamant arrows in the wilderness? No, that'd be a total waste of time! I train a different skill! Yes, that's right, after a few hours of grinding on construction I get bored and go grind hunter! Wonderful! :| You can see how things have changed, for the better and the worse. All in all, I still have great fun in achieving goals and playing RuneScape, and doubt I'll ever really bore of it and quit.[/hide]

4fy9dw.png

[hide=Skill Related Achievements]98 Woodcutting! I'm on the last leg to 99 Woodcutting!!

2yke654.png

Thanks to the Swan Song Quest, I got these!

124k2ki.png167r0cg.png[/hide][hide=Quest Related Achievements]Launch me into a rock - err, I mean... Between A Rock Quest COMPLETE!

rcjvxj.png

Observatory Quest COMPLETE!

30tqn48.png[/hide][hide=Miscellaneous Achievements][/hide]

~My Skills~

[hide=What Im Training Right Now]Back to killing trees. Sparkly!

Xiaogege.png

Xiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.pngXiaogege.png[/hide][hide=Total Level]Xiaogege.png[/hide][hide=Favorite Skills]Favorite skills, hmm... That's really hard to say. I really enjoy leveling each one of the skills, including the "boring" herblore, the "useless" construction, the "uber-costy" prayer. They're all fun for me. Favorites? I'd have to say Construction and Woodcuting, and then every single one is ranked the same. :P Why do I like Construction when most people say it's just a skill to waste money and throw away your items on? It allows you to build your very own gettaway! Imagine: 30 rooms, 3 floors, a servant, and a whole lot of options. You can host parties, kill in your dungeon, train prayer and magic, teleport, or just hang out with your friends. Sure, there is no real use but guess what: it's fun. And that's the point of RuneScape in my opinion, to have fun. :thumbup:

Runescape_skills_woodcutting_magictrees.gif

Why Woodcutting? Have you ever woodcut magic trees for hours on end? Ever feel like the boredom is drilling a hole in your skull? Switch perspectives and it becomes a relaxing, beautiful skill to well, skill. You can just sit there, watching your character swinging his axe at the tree, watching your inventory fill up with magic logs. Aside from the occasional clicking on trees and running to and from the bank, you can go completely relaxed and just chat with your friends or read something (like my blog :D ) while you woodcut. Blissful.[/hide]

~My Goals~

[hide=Skill Related Goals]Xiaogege.png

That's right. I'm going for the, drum roll please, ominous and unheard of (so untrue..): Construction Skillcape! :o No, this is not a joke. In fact, I'm quite determined in achieving this goal! I've even written up a 20 post Goals and Achievements thread on the RSOF (please, no flaming it) which you can check out with the link in my siggeh (thanks Serp!). Why do I want 99 Construction? Well, you've probably already read that it's my favoritest bestest skill in RuneScape! That is a reason. Also, it's still a rare skillcape to see, although there are already more than 1000 owners of it. This will be a long-term goal for me, and I'll probably achieve it in the next year or so. When I do, I'll be sure to make sure the whole world knows it! You'll be seeing CNN and BBC broadcasting it and the New York Times headlines saying "Seo Achieves 99 Construction, MUST READ!". :D

How do I train Construction? Easy. I make Oak Dungeon Doors. Build, remove, build, remove, rinse and repeat! I take however much money I calculate the butler will need (5k for every 7 loads of planks) and add 10k, a hammer, and a saw. I run down the the dungeon after asking my butler to bring me planks (pre-bought from The Grand Exchange) and, after receiving the 20 oak planks, send him out again. I build and remove two doors, and when I'm done, he'll have brought me the 20 oak planks I asked for. With this method, I can train the skill nonstop with no pauses or breaks, and although it is fast, I have to be concentrating to do a repetitive, monotonous task. Oh well, you can't complain.

Xiaogege.png

Of course, everyone knows of the Woodcutting skill. "Boring!" the players yell in unison. "Waste of time!" the pkers say. Well, I'm gonna tell you all something that may shock your minds. I don't woodcut to have an exciting time, nor do I woodcut for efficiency. It's a way to relax and still make a modest living. In fact, because I need money and this is the only way I like to make it, I'll be forced to 99 woodcutting! That's right, I've never trained woodcutting before level 60! :o It's always been for the money, and that's the only reason my woodcutting isn't level one still. :P I'll probably get this in one month or so. It'll take a while woodcutting magics (terrible XP as anyone who has read Troacctid's guide will know!). :wall:[/hide][hide=Quest Related Goals][/hide][hide=Miscellaneous Goals]12.8M.png

2528_obj_big.gif?id=1050

Why do I need 12.8M? Well, look below that money bar! I hope we all recognize that picture. If you don't, well, you suck (just kidding, I love yers <3: )! It's a santa hat, and it's all cute and plushy and goes really well with - sorry, getting off track. Well, I want one. Why? To save you guys a ramble about its "cuteness" and "plushy...ness", I'll give it to you straight. They're a rare but they aren't the most expensive. Santa hats are affordable and they're good looking, so I'm looking to get one. Soon! In fact, I already have 6M sitting in my bank waiting for it; already half way there![/hide][hide=Major Achievements][/hide]

~My Bank~

[hide=Best of Bank 2/4/09]mb4jtj.png[/hide][hide=Entire Bank 2/4/09 WARNING]All Tab:

n6dk0.jpg

Magic Tab:

211saae.jpg

Ranged Tab:

50mueh.png

Herblore Tab:

fblqiw.png

Melee Tab:

1563i3p.png

Quest Tab:

2i7qzvt.png

Tools Tab:

2aqmp5.png

Summoning Tab:

2lbdfrt.png

Crafting Tab:

2dmfbli.png[/hide]

~Drops~

[hide=Boss Monster Drops][/hide][hide=Miscellaneous Drops][/hide]

~Screenies~

[hide=Party Screenies]Happy Birthday Bremmy!

2vdgwi0.jpg[/hide][hide=Miscellaneous Screenies][/hide]

~Acknowledgments~

[hide=Acknowledgments]Thank you Tip.It for your wonderful guides and boredom-killing, friendly forums. You're a great help!

Thank you to friends like Serpent Eye, Weggerskip, Bremsle259, Akinori777, and many many more who keep me company and make RuneScape all the more fun for me! You're greatly appreiciated!

Thank you JAGeX for being such experts at Java Gaming! :P You've outdone yourselves in making RuneScape and Fun Orb, and I hope Mechscape to be an even better success!

Thank you readers for visiting my thread! If you don't mind, just make a quick post or wish me luck in my goals! You're all awesome, tifers![/hide]

r2kuft.gif

Click Here for my RSOF 99 Construction G&A thread! Post your support!

WOW! You kick my blogs butt!!

Is Back After About 2 Months!!

75 WOODCUTTING | 50 CRAFTING | 82 COOKING| 61 Fishing | 48 Combat

OUR MAIN JOB IS NOT TO SEE WHAT LIES DIMLY IN THE DISTANCE, BUT TO DO WHAT LIES CLEARLY AT HAND

KEEPING A SECRET WITH THREE PEOPLE IS OK, IF TWO OF THEM ARE DEAD.

....IM NOT CRAZY, IM JUST A LITTLE.....CUT OFF FROM THE SANE WORLD.......

Wow, thanks for the comments guys. I'll be sure to add all those wonderful pictures we all love! I'm working on getting the goals section loaded and the bank pictures too. Thanks again guys!

EDIT: Bank pictures, favourite skills animation, and the Recent Achievements title have been added!

r2kuft.gif

Click Here for my RSOF 99 Construction G&A thread! Post your support!

• 2 weeks later...