Everything posted by archimage_a
- Space
-
Space
Norway mission is 125 merits for everyone.
-
Space
Yeah. I have the IRC back up so if people want to pootle about the ship till then.
-
Space
Ross decided to leave the system.
-
Space
Nero, if you want to override and say in Sol then you can. Otherwise see people monday and I will post the fallout from this session after Nero decides or tomorrow.
-
Space
/join #space3 tavern Starting in about 50 minutes Log: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Space/Logs/%23space3.Tip.It.log
-
The Back Room
Dumb and Smart aren't particularly accurate words. People in the USA, which I would consider moronic, would, probably, consider me moronic for not doing whatever thing that I consider to be moronic for them to do. Its about different ways of thinking and styles of acting. To me, having a dog fashion show is cruel, debasing and takes a twisted mind. To the person having the fashion show its cute, loving and the most normal thing possible.
-
The Back Room
Well...The assumption is that there are 3 types of Americans....Rednecks, Yuppies and Americans we actually know. Though, saying that, Americans do tend to fit into those two sterotyped groups far more easily than other people. British, for example, are not all bankers in bowler hats, speak in upper class accents or cockney slang... But are far more diverse.
-
Space
Retech, yeah, its an awesome song.
-
Space
Reiteration: Please PM me your requests after/during the session because I am not changing them now.
-
The Back Room
See, I never like that. To me, it is like racing someone across a minefield when you know where all the mines are....If the other person knows too then it is quite without risk of exploding spectacularly(Allowing you to go back and rebuild you belief system). And if the other person doesn't know where the mines are then its not really an exchange, more of an exercise. And yet are no stranger than any of us :rolleyes:
-
Space
God knows And yes, they are the real ones(Kinda stupid to bring them out in advance but meh, if it turns out like that then people like go a little more actiony) Nex, are you alright with this type of puzzle: puppies to kittens puppies poppies potpies potties patties pattes patten pitten kitten kittens ?
-
The Back Room
Cause getting along gets us nowhere. Arguments cause an exchange of opinions, which allow for learning. Although, I think its partly that I am described as a T-Totaler...as though not drinking was somehow abnormal. Hence why I call anyone who drinks alcohol and alcoholic...which they are usually annoyed by.
-
Space
Indeed. On the subject of finding programs and such: Obviously I can't stop you and if you spend 15 minutes between puzzles I probably wouldn't know....But, end of the day, it is a game...if you are gonna cheat through it then that is your perogative.
-
Space
Retech, ok...So basically the card idea....Since you have 6 puzzles to choose from and can't change, except at the end of the session. The only problem we seem to be having is the number of puzzles you have access to. Nex, ok Earth, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Space/Puzzles/Earth.png Theros, Nex, Word-Morph/Cryptograms only. Ok, that seems fine to me, as long as it isn't abused too much. (Ie, I have a program that cracks cryptograms so am guarenteeed done in the first 5 minutes, Har-har) Word Morphs will be getting more difficult.
-
Space
Theros....Ok. We will try a session like this and then if people want specific types of puzzles, PM me and I will make them for Monday.
-
Space
Retech, if my sole aim was to stop or limit your advancement I would give you 3 puzzles which were extremely difficult and say you have to solve one of those three...Off the top of my head I can think of three... Alternatively, stop people switching between puzzles, since you are better than some people, which means the puzzles you find hard, they find impossible...so you doing all the ones they find hard(Which you find mild), means they have no chance... But, like I said, I am trying to stop the rapid advancement of tech in a singular direction...not to stop people from advancing FULL STOP. Crystalline would improve crystal stuff and the sprayer would improve the sprayer. The increases are minute, but they add up.
-
The Back Room
A. So does squash.... B. Well it would have sounded worse if I had said something like 'When one of my friends got drunk and ended up a father, and isn't having a whole lot of fun right now'... Point is that I don't like drink, other people do...They disapprove of me, I disapprove of them...And life goes on.
-
The Back Room
Alcohol dehydrates you.... And having fun with friends is more down to the friends than the alcohol...
-
Space
Nex, as I said before, this isn't to screw Retech over or to screw anyone over, this is to place a limit on how fast technology can advance. If people want to band together to increase shields to level 50 in the next session...Ok, the point is that people have a choice in banding together to increase shields to level 50 in the next session. Because people disagree about things, which means that rather than level 50 shields and level 2 weapons there is some vague level of equilibrium. And Nex, I am working on the word morphing idea. But I don't want to just pluck two 8 letter words out of the air and go 'Hey, not sure if there actually is an answer to this, just try'
-
Space
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDdcD-1xoo&feature=related Replace 'Investment Banker' with 'Researcher' Censors have been observed.
-
Space
Ah right, I see. Well, its nothing major.
-
The Back Room
Indeed. Alcohol is good for two things: Medical Operations where proper sterlising equipment or pain relief are not available. Starting Fires.
-
Space
Well, its more a case of inflation. If tech is being made available at such a fast rate, then the worth of the tech is reduced(Since the next model is right around the corner) Well, levels are supposed to start at level 0 and then go to 1 and so on and so forth....thus avoiding the 'I am at level 10', 'Yeah, but you have only gained 9 levels' arguements. But people claimed one thing and fighting Dusty is pointless in that kind of arena so... Anywho: Level 2: 1,000 or 30 minutes Level 3: 1,500 or 2 hours Level 4: 2,000 or 8 hours Level 5: 2,500 or 32 hours. Ect, ect.
-
Space
Ross, Cool. Mather, yes, you do...Identify what this nebula shaped object is may be slightly too easy.