Tip.It Times Presents: Rule 2 Revised

Kiara_Kat

I am totally opposed to the rule change. In my view luring should be fine and it adds a extra dynamic to the game.

People must remember that Runescape is a game and is not real life. People also must remember that within runescape their is a theme of good vs evil. People must remember that not everyone plays the game for the clicking and watching numbers increase. Many people play to become a character, someone they would not be in their real life. If someone wants to play a cruel twisted evil character then luring another player to their death is fully within the role of such a character. Not allowing such actives just makes it that much harder for someone to play a character with a evil personality .

In runescape you are not forced to follow other players and if one chooses to walk into the wilderness or a dangerous area it is their own fault and they have only themselves to blame for having a poor ability to judge the intention of another player.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote-Offering an item and then removing the item within the first or second trade screen.

Offering an item and changing the agreed price within the first or second trade screen. -end of quote (lol i dont know how to do it)

hmmm... thats kinda comfusingly worded... does this mean that we cant even decide that we want more for something than what we said? or if we mess up and say: "selling d long 10k" instead of 100k... but at least this will stop the people from saying like "buying chicken 10k" and another saying "sellign chicken 1k". you know what I mean...

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

hmmm- im kinda neutral on this one. I don't lure-there are faster ways for money and xp but i stiln stand with the 'if you do x, you deserved to be lured' policy. The rule make very little difference to me, i just get to report more ppl.

No, luring is probably the fastest way to make money. Yes, I admit it...I used to lure. :-$ :anxious:

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

The earliest known legal code, the code of Hammurabi, was written around 1750 BC ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ before even my time!

Looks like we have learned something new about the editor?

Yeah, now we know the Editor isn't more than a thousand years old. Well, that clue alone narrows the range of people who might be the editor to about, oh, everyone who uses these forums. :P

Make that three thousand years old -- 1750 BC is coming up on 3000 years ago.

hugh_mannity.png

i completly agree... but i think it shouldn't have taken so long... It was clear something needed to be done, with complaints and cries from the victims flooding the forums.

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

The last part of what they say: "Misleading players by providing false or inaccurate information, for your own personal gain," is the most broad statement ever...

sigh? That was always there. The only thing that was changed in the knowledge base definition was the addition of a 4th example of an item scam.....luring.

Luring was always a scam by the definition...Jagex just had to be reminded again and again and again that they could not condone luring and have the rule stand defined as such.

Although previousally luring had never been against the rules, it had always remained a grey patch in the rules, much like 3rd party clients.

The only grey patch was the few brain cells Andrew seems to have found before his game self destructed. Luring was always against the rules, but had never been addressed. Putting the sticky in the PK forum telling the pkers they washed their hands of it was a slap to the community.

I feel the thing that happened is in both situations a HUGE mistake was made about how CS issues are handled. They should never have been conducted like that.

There is no customer service. Surely you are not saying Jagex has anything akin to customer service other then in name only?

But thats besides the point, now for the first time luring is fully against the rules!! :thumbsup: It was fully the right desission, and I aplaud Andrew to owning up to the mistake made. Admitting a mistke is very important and gives me much more respect for Jagex as a whole, which was lessend by the bad handling of 3rd party clients, and the original louring post.

It was fully the only decision. I imagine the media attention, online articles on the subject, game reviews, calls from reporters, letters to scholastic, letters to libraries and schools and blogs on the subject had the lawyers giving them pokes in the rib.

Admitting a mistake is important yes, and they deserve credit for that. However, giving them respect is not due. Jagex locked every thread and refused to allow decent discussion and it took 6 weeks to rescind something they admitted 4 weeks ago was a mistake.

Give Jagex respect when they stop fluffing up the sheep and start getting rid of macroers, ban scammers and lurers and make less updates with more quality and heck, maybe even use some of the brilliant suggestions on how to improve the game.

It should not take the wrath of honest players and parents making external pressure to have Jagex do the right thing. Being you are a forum mod you know a few mods were deeply disturbed by original sticky if the PK forum. If you feel so strongly that this is the right decision, I am sure you were one of those few who protested vehemently, right?

The times article was well written, BTW.

I am totally opposed to the rule change. In my view luring should be fine and it adds a extra dynamic to the game.

Adds a dynamic to your game, and grief to other players.

People must remember that Runescape is a game and is not real life.

The people who are behind the eyes are real!

People also must remember that within runescape their is a theme of good vs evil.

Yes and your luring is evil so it is ok because you think it should be ok because you follow Zamorack. What a crock

People must remember that not everyone plays the game for the clicking and watching numbers increase. Many people play to become a character, someone they would not be in their real life.

You like stealing from players and say that is fun, but you wouldn't steal from people in real life. Luring is fun for you, which is why I quit the game. I am so tired of a community of self serving brats who have no inclination how to play a game, and think it is "ok" to lie, cheat and steal. You and other scammers who are so twisted and evil, made the game no fun at all anymore.

If someone wants to play a cruel twisted evil character then luring another player to their death is fully within the role of such a character. Not allowing such actives just makes it that much harder for someone to play a character with a evil personality .

Oh please? Go play city of villians, where that is part of the game play. Or better yet make a real pker who fights honourably, within the confines of the wild.

In runescape you are not forced to follow other players and if one chooses to walk into the wilderness or a dangerous area it is their own fault and they have only themselves to blame for having a poor ability to judge the intention of another player.

Luring is baiting and deceiving other players, abusing bugs, steering players close to the wild after the sign popped up previously, taking advantage of the weak, gullible and young or new players. You make the choice for them, and yell noob, idiot , fool as they die and you steal their stuff. They may be naive to have trusted that you actually were going to trade, or take them where you promised you would take them, but you, the lying lurers are the ones to blame.

Just one last point. A lurer is still a lying, greedy brat in a party hat. You were never a player if this is all you played for.

paulyts50 players like you seem incapable of separating reality from a game.

Yes and your luring is evil so it is ok because you think it should be ok because you follow Zamorack. What a crock

Firstly if you are playing the role of a villain, murderer, or such character then it is fits perfectly in how such a character should behaved. I also disagree with the connection between Zamorak and Evil. Zamorak is a god of chaos (freedom) while Saradomin is a god of Order (control). Neither one is inherently good or evil it depends on how the player choices to interpret the evidence.

You like stealing from players and say that is fun, but you wouldn't steal from people in real life. Luring is fun for you, which is why I quit the game. I am so tired of a community of self serving brats who have no inclination how to play a game, and think it is "ok" to lie, cheat and steal. You and other scammers who are so twisted and evil, made the game no fun at all anymore.

If the stealing does not involve bug abuse, password fraud or the manipulation of in game control then it is fine. In lureing they agree to follow you into a place of danger, nothing forces them to follow but their free will and hope for a reward. Luring does not try to avoid any in game checks or controls for that reason it is not against the spirit of the game.

Oh please? Go play city of villians, where that is part of the game play. Or better yet make a real pker who fights honourably, within the confines of the wild.

City of villians is completely irrelevant because it is a different game. Pking and lure are basically identical, and can easily be combined into a single role. People are lured into the wild by the riches available there and players hunt them. So technically pking is no difference to luring, except that the pkers are generally prepared to defend themselves. Using your logic Pkers also steal other players items after they won the fight.

Luring is baiting and deceiving other players,

Correct.

abusing bugs

Example?

Steering players close to the wild after the sign popped up previously

Like you said the sign popped up, they have been warned of the dangers of the wilderness. They choose to ignore them.

taking advantage of the weak, gullible and young or new players.

True, but in most cases such players quickly learn from their mistake and never repeat it again. In the early stages of the game items used by such players are not rare or valuable and can quite quickly be replaced. New players die fairly frequently. .

You make the choice for them, and yell noob, idiot , fool as they die and you steal their stuff.

ummm no. They made the choice to follow them. Lureing does not require to yell any such thing. That is up to the maturity of the player.

The only reason why I don't like this update is because I can't trick the lurers as well. Nothing's better than having a full load of cabbage or ashes fall on the ground instead of that whip.

I probably already said this though.

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

The only reason why I don't like this update is because I can't trick the lurers as well. Nothing's better than having a full load of cabbage or ashes fall on the ground instead of that whip.

I probably already said this though.

I know whats better.

When someone lure you into the wild expecting a easy kill. But the whole time you have been planning to get 'lured' with the sole aim of ambushing and killing the player who was trying to lure you in. So the 'victim' was really lureing the 'lure' into the wild. Which makes them both technically lurers.

I am very happy that jagex has come forward and officially made luring against the rules.I find it a shame that some people don't understand the need for such rules.I have said many times before and probobly will say it again practices such as luring and yes pking unprotected rune crafters are cowardly and decietful and certainly not somthing to boast about.

As stated in the article there are real people behind the characters in the game and the way you play speaks volumes about the chracter of the person behind the character.

Finally they ban LURING i am a victim of luring lost 100k but still it was a lure.

untitledwd8.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Why not also ban the pking of players who were not accurately equipped, skilled and prepared to defend themselves in the wild? They might not know that their equipment and knowledge of the game was not good enough to defend themselves. They might be upset when they die.

Wait... better ban all Pking because somone is going to lose and feel upset and have their items stolen by the evil player who was better at playing the game then they were.

Why not also ban the pking of players who were not accurately equipped, skilled and prepared to defend themselves in the wild? They might not know that their equipment and knowledge of the game was not good enough to defend themselves. They might be upset when they die.

Wait... better ban all Pking because somone is going to lose and feel upset and have their items stolen by the evil player who was better at playing the game then they were.

Well the only thing i do on f2p is pking because thats the only thing that interest's me in f2p.

untitledwd8.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Well the only thing i do on f2p is pking because thats the only thing that interest's me in f2p. Also banning pking would take like 30% of runescape. Unless you put duelarena in f2p with staking yea you could ban pking but i think there is no chance of it being banned.

untitledwd8.png

Pking is benefiting from another player when he or she knows the risks involved. Luring/scamming or otherwise decieving is player is just that... decieving a player, and this is stated to be against the rules. If you want to play an 'evil' persona then you will end up getting yourself banned. This game is not about good vs evil; if you like to do that, I suggest you find another game. This game is about community, and working together with your in-game friends.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

just in case you didn't know, there is a much easier way to get rune pouches. you go through the fairy ring (code ALR, i think) and you are in an area of the abyss with

a) much fewer monsters

B) all your prayer points

c) no multicombat

d) a fast exit

much easier to fight all those monsters, and the exit is close to a bank and a range!

A new study shows that 98% of teenagers listen to emo music. The other 2% have stayed straight gangster. 0% still listen to rock, but -4% of people listen to classical... wait, I'm a negative percentage..?

quote="Militaris"]paulyts50 players like you seem incapable of separating reality from a game.

Nope. I am an adult who sees through your silliness and "I like to be evil and follow Zamorack so anything I do here is evil and I am role playing" garbage. Thank goodness Jagex came to their senses

If the stealing does not involve bug abuse, password fraud or the manipulation of in game control then it is fine. In lureing they agree to follow you into a place of danger, nothing forces them to follow but their free will and hope for a reward. Luring does not try to avoid any in game checks or controls for that reason it is not against the spirit of the game.

You are actually posting that the day after the rule was clarified? Using lies and trickery and baiting people into the wild is luring. Luring someone into the wild is illegal. Get over it Zamorack boy, or risk being banned. BTW Jagex has always said it was not in the spirit of the game. Nice misquote to suit your non logic..

City of villians is completely irrelevant because it is a different game. Pking and lure are basically identical, and can easily be combined into a single role. People are lured into the wild by the riches available there and players hunt them. So technically pking is no difference to luring, except that the pkers are generally prepared to defend themselves. Using your logic Pkers also steal other players items after they won the fight.

Once pkers are in the wilderness and they were there to Pk you can kill each other forever for all anyone cares. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t try to compare yourself to a pker. I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t like pking, but most are at least honourable enough to fight, rather then take advantage of the weak, gullible and trusting. I suggest you read the forum sticky in recent updates. Pkers think you are dishonourableÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæwell except for the few fools who keep arguing Jagex took away their ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅlivelihoodÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ