Tip.It Times Presents: Rule 2 Revised

Kiara_Kat

Pking is benefiting from another player when he or she knows the risks involved. Luring/scamming or otherwise decieving is player is just that... decieving a player, and this is stated to be against the rules. If you want to play an 'evil' persona then you will end up getting yourself banned. This game is not about good vs evil; if you like to do that, I suggest you find another game. This game is about community, and working together with your in-game friends.

~Ian

yeah, thats true. Cant agree more

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not like how ridiculously biased the article is.

I used to lure loads but I never scammed or hacked anyone, meaning that I am not a scammer or hacker, yet this article is implying that I am.

Jagex and Tip It Times Editor FTL.

cheesebap7dz.jpg

You are actually posting that the day after the rule was clarified? Using lies and trickery and baiting people into the wild is luring. Luring someone into the wild is illegal. Get over it Zamorack boy, or risk being banned. BTW Jagex has always said it was not in the spirit of the game. Nice misquote to suit your non logic..

Firstly just because Jagex says something in the rules it does not automatically make them morally right. Jagex has done many stupid things over the years. Jagex constantly attempts to please the masses and in doing so have severely changed and damaged the game which many players enjoy. Also there is no misquotes, you are just claiming that because you are incapable of defending your argument.

Also stop claiming that I have lured players, I have never done it. So stop making stuff up to try and personally attack my integrity without any evidence (or truth) to back it up.

Once pkers are in the wilderness and they were there to Pk you can kill each other forever for all anyone cares. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t try to compare yourself to a pker. I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t like pking, but most are at least honourable enough to fight, rather then take advantage of the weak, gullible and trusting. I suggest you read the forum sticky in recent updates. Pkers think you are dishonourableÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæwell except for the few fools who keep arguing Jagex took away their ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅlivelihoodÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

I didn't find this article very interesting, and I have a little thought that you didn't have anything else to write about.. :shame:

I want back the old articles, where all the exitement was, with all those funny, interesting and nice articles were.. please!

I will hope for something better next time! :pray:

~Warstarter2

mithmstrcape,Warstarter2.gif

Pking is benefiting from another player when he or she knows the risks involved.

I disagree that all new players (and many experience players) who enter the wild know the risk. I can also justify it. New players when they go pking expect someone of a similar low level to be of a similar experience in the game to which they are. They do not automatically expect that a low level player is indeed a highly experience player on a new account equipped with the best combination of items and weapons. When they get massacred and loss or their items they did not know the true risk they were facing.

Luring/scamming or otherwise decieving is player is just that...

Luring and scamming are different so do not try and combine them.

decieving a player, and this is stated to be against the rules.

Rules can be (and are) wrong, rules do change. Just because it is in the rules does not mean it is correct.

You are actually posting that the day after the rule was clarified? Using lies and trickery and baiting people into the wild is luring. Luring someone into the wild is illegal. Get over it Zamorack boy, or risk being banned. BTW Jagex has always said it was not in the spirit of the game. Nice misquote to suit your non logic..

Firstly just because Jagex says something in the rules it does not automatically make them morally right. Jagex has done many stupid things over the years. Jagex constantly attempts to please the masses and in doing so have severely changed and damaged the game which many players enjoy. Also there is no misquotes, you are just claiming that because you are incapable of defending your argument.

Also stop claiming that I have lured players, I have never done it. So stop making stuff up to try and personally attack my integrity without any evidence (or truth) to back it up.

Once pkers are in the wilderness and they were there to Pk you can kill each other forever for all anyone cares. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t try to compare yourself to a pker. I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t like pking, but most are at least honourable enough to fight, rather then take advantage of the weak, gullible and trusting. I suggest you read the forum sticky in recent updates. Pkers think you are dishonourableÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæwell except for the few fools who keep arguing Jagex took away their ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅlivelihoodÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

although i hate luring i feel that jagex may have mad a big mistake with this rule change, simply because they only specify wilderness lureing.

take the tribesmen on karamja. you say "come with me i show you around" to a new member they get poisoned. they know nothing about poison cos they are new to members... they die.

now all the lurers will have to resort to stuff like that to avoid being reported, and it really will be they vunerable players getting lured, instead of just people who arent using their common sense.

to militaris all i can say is that in my personal opinion luring is wrong...maybe because i apply my real life morals to this game...however if you wish to pk then jagex has not made that impossible to you, and many evil people will try and work around the law to avoid capture, so you can still choose to play an evil twisted character if you so choose, you can still kill others and annoy them, isnt that enough?

also out of curiosity, militaris do you believe pures are deceitful?

sometimes there are days when i really want to hit you..... this is one of those days

although i hate luring i feel that jagex may have mad a big mistake with this rule change, simply because they only specify wilderness lureing.

take the tribesmen on karamja. you say "come with me i show you around" to a new member they get poisoned. they know nothing about poison cos they are new to members... they die.

now all the lurers will have to resort to stuff like that to avoid being reported, and it really will be they vunerable players getting lured, instead of just people who arent using their common sense.

to militaris all i can say is that in my personal opinion luring is wrong...maybe because i apply my real life morals to this game...however if you wish to pk then jagex has not made that impossible to you, and many evil people will try and work around the law to avoid capture, so you can still choose to play an evil twisted character if you so choose, you can still kill others and annoy them, isnt that enough?

It is the lies, the deception and trickery to get someone killed. Ask yourself...did they bring me here to be killed ? Did they lie, bait or downplay the dangers of the area for them to come with me? If yes, you could always report under rule 2.

Accepted3

Forum Mod

30-Mar-2007 16:59:15

non-wildy luring is also against the rules and is reportable

i quote rule two here

"Luring players into the Wilderness under false pretences."

it is only luring in to the WILDERNESS that jagex has banned, no other luring was mentioned.

in principle however i agree that all luring is deception and should be reportable, but until jagex spells it out for the players i fear i will be in the minority

sometimes there are days when i really want to hit you..... this is one of those days

8-) When on runescape i often think how could I be a better player. I am a member but my combat is only 23. I often get temted to hack peoples accounts but i relised i would hate it if i go scammed because i try my best in all my skills. Also all the cheats on Google should be banned from telling people how to hack someone elses account. My friend is a level 47 but brages at school that he's got loads of cool stuff beacuse he's hacked someone elses account. My other friend had loads of cool stuff she worked hard to get fairly by playing by the rules the someone tricked her into going into the wilderness and killed her and got all of her stuff. Even though Runescape have released this new rule I still don't think it will stop the problem. People should remember it's only a game but people do get upset and you wouldn't want it happening to you.

Remember you might me temted to cheat and scam but would you like it if it happen to you?

Pures intend to deceive so they are deceitful. Lures intend to deceive so they are also deceitful. Both are out to trick and fool other players. Neither one abuse any bugs or in game feature so although deceitful I do not consider them wrong with regards to the game because both operate within the game mechanics and in no way try to avoid controls or to abuse bugs.

again militaris we disagree on intent. not all pures intend to deceive, though i will concede that most pking pures do,but surely if you see someone who looks to be an easy target and they end up killing you maybe you learnt the most vital lesson of life... dont judge people too quickly

but what about those that do it for the challenge of going through the game without melee skills? they arent there to decieve you... they just want an added level of difficulty in the game and thus a greater sense of acheivement.

Pking is benefiting from another player when he or she knows the risks involved.

I disagree that all new players (and many experience players) who enter the wild know the risk. I can also justify it. New players when they go pking expect someone of a similar low level to be of a similar experience in the game to which they are. They do not automatically expect that a low level player is indeed a highly experience player on a new account equipped with the best combination of items and weapons. When they get massacred and loss or their items they did not know the true risk they were facing.

By "risks involved" I mean that when you enter the wilderness, and you get the read the warning sign, you know there is a good chance you will lose some, if not all of your items, and you then accept that risk and walk into the wildy. You cannot quantify something like that: i.e. "I thought there was only a 20% chance I was going to lose my items and in fact there was an 80% chance!". The warning sign clearly indicates there is "a chance". Period.

It matters not whether you are a new player or an old player, you have accepted the risks. If you come up against somebody more experienced than you, that is your fault for not being properly prepared and can be hardly attributed to your opponent for being 'decieptful'.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

I wouldn't normally post anything religious on this kind of thread, but since this weeks letter did quote the bible: Criminals, like the poor, will always be with us", I thought I would clarify this passage.

"We know that the Bible tells us the poor will always be with us. Some people hear that as an excuse for inaction. I believe it is a call for us to act and a call for us to serve. My family and my faith didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t teach me to turn my back on a friend or neighbor in need. They taught me to open the door, let them in, and help them get back on their feet. And millions are calling for help right now. They donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t want a free ride. They just want a chance: a chance to work, buy a home, take care of their family, and live the American dream".

- Senator John Edwards

"The heart of the issue is what kind of people are we? What kind of people could we become? If self-interest rises to the level of excess we will always have the poor among us. I am left wondering if that may not be at least something of what Jesus addresses with the disciples. Rather than a statement of self-inflated importance, maybe Jesus was suggesting the poor will always be with us because we will only think of ourselves. Remember the question which lay on at least one of the disciples mind was the value of a bottle of perfume and how it might be sold to help the poor".

whatcolor_isblue.jpg[r]

looks to me like everyones grammar is turning to chatspeak!!! the world will be overrun by words that make no sense!!!!!!!

or maybe is because today is the first of april?

hey!!! i know i didnt write that in chatspeak..... someone evil is editing my posts :evil:

i quote rule two here

"Luring players into teh Wilderness under false pretences."

it is only luring in to teh WILDERNESS that jagex has banned, no other luring was mentioned.

in principle however i agree that all luring is deception and should be reportable, but until jagex spells it out 4 teh players i fear i will be in teh minority

i quote rule two here

"Luring players into teh Wilderness under false pretences."

it is only luring in to teh WILDERNESS that jagex has banned, no other luring was mentioned.

in principle however i agree that all luring is deception and should be reportable, but until jagex spells it out 4 teh players i fear i will be in teh minority

You are not quoting rule two. Rule 2 is item scamming...period. Examples of item scamming are listed below that in the knowledge base, and that is where you got the quote from.

Other lures were always against rule 2, item scamming. Also see my post above yours for a jmod reply which confirms this

ok...i can see a difference btween stealing in real life and rs....usually thieves in real life r poor people who need the money badly and on rs...its usually middle class greedy teenagers...so yes i supose they have no reason to scam on rs...but plz dont compare stealing in rl to rs....maybe if you put yourself in the shoes of a homeless father whose wife died and has one kid to feed (im making this up as an example) and the only way to make money was to steal..wouldnt you do it?i mean rs is just a game...and scamming is done out of greed...but in rl stealing is usually done out of despair. wells good job jagex =)

Will get a new Siggy, if I get around to it[/size]

paulyts50 the thing is i agree with you that luring is, and always has been against the rules...however, people were trying to justify luring via excuses such as " he knew the risk so i did nothing wrong". admittedly its no excuse at all in my eyes and in yours it would seem, but it doesnt change the fact that now its been included in the rules as an example it will be seen as an "official" bannable offence.

tekilla in your real life example yes i'd probably steal, but luckly rs isnt real life as you point out, so it really is just people who are too lazy to work for their money. flax and bowstrings are unbelievably easy money, with relatively no skill need, so they (lurers) have no need to lie and deceive as they do.