Tip.It Times Presents: Rule 2 Revised

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Rule 2 Revised

The_Editor

This week, Jagex announced an update to Rule 2. This update reverses their update earlier this month where they originally said that luring was not a scam. This is a very sensible update ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ and Jagex is to be commended on taking...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although i personally believe that if you are stupid enough to walk into the wildy with a phat you deserve to lose it, luring is still wrong

well done on jagex for removing a strong 'moaning point' in the game, and increasing the harmless fun aspect \'

oh, and i rarley use white lies in rl - i find it easier to tell it to someone straight, offensive or not

phaper.png

killing off the TET, one newb at a time :^_^:

latestsig-1.png

im cutting back on rs now due to rl issues (college), my sig stats havent been updated in a while...

I think it's a good thing that Jagex have seen the error of their previous statement and reversed their position on the matter of luring, albeit after such a long time.

In the time it's taken them to decide to change their position, many people have been victims of lures and the scammers who should have been banned are still walking freely. I believe it is Jagex's job to make swift decisions and to recognise these new scams as quickly as possible and in my opinion that recognition did not come anywhere near as quickly enough as it should have done.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

Good article, Tip.It!

Myself I think it was very good of Jagex to modify this rule, because it needed it alot. Very good everybody!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Editors right, i suppose some rules to protect people from there own stupidity could be needed, luring is wrong weather you have to be stupid to fall for it or not. And im sure many inteligent people have been lured because they got to excited as well...

Great article!

Well, this was a move Jagex had to make, and I agree with it. Will this stop luring? No, probably not. I think it will be too easy to get around. Say I post on the forums that I'm buying a phat at some unbelievable price. Tip.It forum too, so Jagex won't ever see the post. Someone PMs me about it, and we work out the details, meeting me in wildy or next to it and all. My victim has to change worlds, and get all the way to where I am. I never say anything to them after the initial deal is worked out. I kill them. Obvious lure. Problem is, if they report me, all Jagex will see is them walking into the wilderness with a phat, and dying. Most likely, I have not said anything to them in the past 2-5 minutes, depending on the situation. Suspicious that he walked up to me in the wildy with a phat? Yes. Enough to convict? Probably not.

Even so, the threat will surely deter some lurers, so it won't be completely useless.

Finally! Luring is against the rules! Now we can report them :mrgreen:

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

The earliest known legal code, the code of Hammurabi, was written around 1750 BC ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ before even my time!

Looks like we have learned something new about the editor?

Also, finally, Luring is against the rules. It always seemed like a scam to me and I wonder what took them so long to figure out it was a scam.

It's often hard for people of goodwill and good intentions to see what other less well-intentioned folks might do with something that they themselves didn't see as potentially open to abuse. This can sometimes lead to policies, in real life as much as RuneScape, which hurt the very people they are supposed to protect.

A very true fact. I liked this part of the article best.

It is very good to see Jagex coming down on the side of the honest players and taking steps to protect them which at the same time don't make things harder for them. I hope this is a precursor of more good decision-making over at Jagex Towers.

Another good part of the article. I really hope it is a precursor of better decision-making.

tfssig.png

A good thing that they killed luring :P

Did You Know...

... that you can get a new small essence pouch from the Zamorak mage in the centre of the Abyss, rather than killing abyssal creatures for it?

Good thing to know if I get pked again :o

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

The earliest known legal code, the code of Hammurabi, was written around 1750 BC ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ before even my time!

Looks like we have learned something new about the editor?

Yeah, now we know the Editor isn't more than a thousand years old. Well, that clue alone narrows the range of people who might be the editor to about, oh, everyone who uses these forums. :P

Anyway, about the actual article:

Criminals, like the poor, will always be with us.

Wow, that was very poorly phrased. It makes it sound like all poor people are scammers, liars, and cheats, and considering he/she's talking about real life at this point in the article, he/she bluntly says if you're lower class, you're a bad person. Dear Editor, you may want to edit that bit slightly. :wall:

Other than that bit, this was an okay article. I'm getting kind of tired about reading all these articles about scams and macros and bad people, though. Maybe next week, the Editor will focus on some positive aspect of the game? :pray:

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

I personally don't think luring is honorable, though the wilderness isn't really a place where anyone should be trusted.

I guess it's just good that jagex cleared up the confusion on the subject.

99 Fishing/Cooking - Both Achieved in Rs1

99 Attack, Defense, Strength, Range, Hitpoints, Fletching

Criminals, like the poor, will always be with us.

Wow, that was very poorly phrased. It makes it sound like all poor people are scammers, liars, and cheats, and considering he/she's talking about real life at this point in the article, he/she bluntly says if you're lower class, you're a bad person. Dear Editor, you may want to edit that bit slightly. :wall:

Other than that bit, this was an okay article. I'm getting kind of tired about reading all these articles about scams and macros and bad people, though. Maybe next week, the Editor will focus on some positive aspect of the game? :pray:

Dude...that part about what the editor said means there will ALWAYS be poor people in the world for there to be the rich. Unless communism becomes a new trend. He never said anything about poor people being bad. The way he phrased it is perfectly understandable if you think about it. He meant there will ALWAYS be rule breakers in the world AND ALWAYS be criminals in the world.

Funny how the editor succeeds in a completely positive article about Jagex even though they did something ridiculously stupid in the first place (making Luring fine within the rules in the first place) and shouldn't be given a compliment for merely correcting their fault. :roll:

Funny how the editor succeeds in a completely positive article about Jagex even though they did something ridiculously stupid in the first place (making Luring fine within the rules in the first place) and shouldn't be given a compliment for merely correcting their fault. :roll:

Good point, I know how passionately you feel about Jagex previous stance on this issue, and rightly so.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

I'm not too happy about it because I lured lvl3s to the dark wizards south of Varrock many times... :XD:

Now I can't do such a thing and would actually be reportable :(

Of course, I wouldn't like it if I died from a lure.

mememe513.png

Although previousally luring had never been against the rules, it had always remained a grey patch in the rules, much like 3rd party clients.

I feel the thing that happened is in both situations a HUGE mistake was made about how CS issues are handled. They should never have been conducted like that.

But thats besides the point, now for the first time luring is fully against the rules!! :thumbsup: It was fully the right desission, and I aplaud Andrew to owning up to the mistake made. Admitting a mistke is very important and gives me much more respect for Jagex as a whole, which was lessend by the bad handling of 3rd party clients, and the original louring post.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Eh... I'm totally in support of the movement, but I don't know how much affect it will have. I mean... any smart scammer knows how to get around the rules. But in this case... you don't even need to be a smart scammer. All you do is avoid talking or trading with your victim, and your basically invincible from Jagex. If you do report them, all they'll see is you walking in the wild and dying. They'll think its an attempt for free stuff and disregard it.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I think this was a great move by jagex. Those who are cruel enough to want to take people's stuff by tricking them should be punished. I'm surprised no one has come up with a big long shameele about this article though.

The lurers have shown themselves on the rants forum and recent updates forum though.

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

hmmm- im kinda neutral on this one. I don't lure-there are faster ways for money and xp but i stiln stand with the 'if you do x, you deserved to be lured' policy. The rule make very little difference to me, i just get to report more ppl.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...