Discussion on possibilities of a combined rune company.

i_D_r

Please post a response if you read this- thought provoking threads do the mind good.

But anyways, World 66 is a ripoff-

Why?

You get Xp for your essence, and no material gains at all.

Using lunar magics, binding necklaces, and dueling rings, I get MORE Xp an hour for the SAME amount of gp spent for pure essence AND I get some nifty combination runes to boot.

Laws - 9.5 per ess

Death - 10 per ess

Smoke at fire altar - 9.5 per ess (fire, air)

Steam at fire altar - 10 per ess (fire, water)

Lava at fire altar - 10.5 per ess (fire, earth)

The method is simple- wear the bind ammy to get the 100 percent chance of combination.

Wear a dueling ring to get to the fire altar fast- and back to cw fast as well.

And finally, you use lunar magics so one doesn't need any talismans to combine runes. And this spell only costs a measly 2 astral, 7 fire, and 7 water. I myself bring a water staff since waters are the hardest elemental runes to get if you are a skiller. Just look at your bank, it'll be the lowest :P

Of course, in terms of comparing to world 66, you must have an adequate amount of emeralds and astral runes to boot, AND be level 82 magic. Seems expensive.

But for me emeralds are not a problem- randoms and npcs drop much more than I can use. Dueling rings are too hard to sell anyways. And as for astral runes, you can high alch at the Moon Isle rune shop, and buy 10 at a time for 50 ea, as they spawn fast. Basically, I know a lot of people have extra of these as there is no market for them :P and I know people do use astrals. So this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The problem is this, however:

I cannot seem to figure out a decent system for an player emergant rune company to embrace, using the fire altar method of combination runes. But I do know it could be more proficient for RCers if a combination company could embrace some runners.

Crafters would not need emerald rings... But usually it is newbs who run for the law company, and they probably cannot afford rings. They could, however, be taught to use the duel arena bank.

Another problem: there would not be as many runners because there is no market for combination runes. Unfortunely, combination runes crafters, at the very least, would have to give back the ess, along with the runes, for newbs to even see this as a potential marketable activity when compared to running laws.

But even under this consideration this methodology still wouldn't be as profitable as law running. No one is going to buy loads of combination runes 300 ea (at least because there is no market atm). Although they save a space, combination runes really don't have any function in the game yet- in other words, there isn't anything to do, YET in the game for that 1 spot to be REALLY REALLY crucial to have... In the latter scenario, the combination crafter would get marginally more rc xp for supplying spells and binding necklaces... So, the crafter would expect compensation by not giving as many combination runes or pure ess back, but of course, the runner knows the law company has more to offer them then.

So there is not a consensus for both parties to agree on.

I do know combination runes is a faster and cheaper way, SOLO, to high crafting.

However, I contend a company would never exist in the games current state of no function for combination runes.. jagex should make a good minigame where combination runes are needed :P

What do you think?

EDIT:

Son Aiden9 from runescape forums writes:

Well I looked into it and this is what I got for me to get to 91:

559k laws so 55900k (55,900,000) in cost

506k lava at fire alter so unless the cost of spells and emerald rings is less the 5300k (5,300,000) it would not be more efficient money wise. Having said that having to craft 53k less runes would be tempting and the added mage exp is nice too. Hope my input helps I'll check back l8r to see how its going.

-----

I will add- you won't be subject to the slowdown times and human error times involved with the law company- the faster xp is also more consistant.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

stop being so lazy. the fire altar is one of the fastest altars in the game. having runners might actually slow you down.

don't complain - combo runes are already the best method. asking for an improvement for it is like asking to walk on water.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

stop being so lazy. the fire altar is one of the fastest altars in the game. having runners might actually slow you down.

don't complain - combo runes are already the best method. asking for an improvement for it is like asking to walk on water.

geez, mr. negative. I'm not lazy. It's just a discussion.

I don't think having runners would actually slow you down, especially because the passage to the altar is so short. Runners would be back fast, if it were to ever be instituted.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

Well written post. But I have always thought it was far more expensive to use the combination rune. As essence and the runes are needed. And also the emeralds.

If you can back this up with calculations, I would say, yes it is a better way of crafting.

For the fact of combi-runes. There is absolutely no use except a few quests, which require 1 or 2 combi-runes. They might be just abbused in the echanting room of the magic training arena. But really, Jagex should! add a usefull use for this.

A good minigame would certainly do the trick, BUT they COULD nerf combi-runes as tons of people will make it and consider it a good way to RC. A risk, which probaly wont happen. But could you think of ANY good way to use them, but not overdo it, that it requires some SERIOUS crafting, as this will make the minigame a total disaster?

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Well written post. But I have always thought it was far more expensive to use the combination rune. As essence and the runes are needed. And also the emeralds.

If you can back this up with calculations, I would say, yes it is a better way of crafting.

For the fact of combi-runes. There is absolutely no use except a few quests, which require 1 or 2 combi-runes. They might be just abbused in the echanting room of the magic training arena. But really, Jagex should! add a usefull use for this.

A good minigame would certainly do the trick, BUT they COULD nerf combi-runes as tons of people will make it and consider it a good way to RC. A risk, which probaly wont happen. But could you think of ANY good way to use them, but not overdo it, that it requires some SERIOUS crafting, as this will make the minigame a total disaster?

If jagex did this- and I know they do- they could figure out the variables and the calculations involved, and made sure they didn't overdo it :P

Some of the last couple year's updates have been too teleological for me not to think otherwise. They know what they're doing now. And yes, I inferring that andrew and paul's original concepts were so out there.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

If jagex did this- and I know they do- they could figure out the variables and the calculations involved, and made sure they didn't overdo it :P

Some of the last couple year's updates have been too teleological for me not to think otherwise. They know what they're doing now. And yes, I inferring that andrew and paul's original concepts were so out there.

But still you haven't answered my question, would it be possible. Because if Jagex does not do 1 thing is change the excisting. They will never change excisting things. Or they would have done so many things already. They will not change combi-crafting. to bad for us.. A minigame with combi-runes would raise the prices sky high, making the minigame cost alot, thus not played..

Would make common sense..

So really, is it possible. I would love so, but I remain scepticle.

But still you haven't answered my question, would it be possible. Because if Jagex does not do 1 thing is change the excisting. They will never change excisting things. Or they would have done so many things already. They will not change combi-crafting. to bad for us.. A minigame with combi-runes would raise the prices sky high, making the minigame cost alot, thus not played..

Would make common sense..

So really, is it possible. I would love so, but I remain scepticle.

Well I should add, the minigame is just a petty idea of mine, but, if it were real, it SHOULD have lasting rewards, like pest control or castle wars (gold armor) and not be like barb assault, with one time worthwhile rewards.

I'm editing my top post with a interesting fact courtesy of runescape forums.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

EDIT:

506k lava at fire alter so unless the cost of spells and emerald rings is less the 5300k (5,300,000) it would not be more efficient money wise. Having said that having to craft 53k less runes would be tempting and the added mage exp is nice too. Hope my input helps I'll check back l8r to see how its going.

After several posts here, I suddenly realized, I have never crafted combi-runes and so does 99.9% of all runecrafters. Although I do get the idea, could you please describe the process in vage terms. Such as exact requirements (items) for the proces.

The costs is 55.9M. So the TOTAL cost of combi runes should be well under 55.9M AND be as fast or faster. So a few numbers, if you could find them:

Exp / hour for FFL

Exp / hour Combi-runes

Cost / exp FFL = about 10gp /exp I thought

Cost / exp Combi-runes = ?

With those numbers, I can make a nice calculation, so can you perhaps, about the best way.

506k lava at fire alter so unless the cost of spells and emerald rings is less the 5300k (5,300,000) it would not be more efficient money wise. Having said that having to craft 53k less runes would be tempting and the added mage exp is nice too.

How much is the mage exp and how many essence can you craft / hour. Need to take the 53K less runes to craft into consideration too, via the value of time (say ~200K-300K / hour for reasonability).

Don't think the combi-runes are really a viable option though. There is no demand for them, as you already pointed out. In the current situation it will simply mean that their prices drop from the ~300 you say there are now to far lower when they'd be mass produced.

506k lava at fire alter so unless the cost of spells and emerald rings is less the 5300k (5,300,000) it would not be more efficient money wise. Having said that having to craft 53k less runes would be tempting and the added mage exp is nice too.

How much is the mage exp and how many essence can you craft / hour. Need to take the 53K less runes to craft into consideration too, via the value of time (say ~200K-300K / hour for reasonability).

Don't think the combi-runes are really a viable option though. There is no demand for them, as you already pointed out. In the current situation it will simply mean that their prices drop from the ~300 you say there are now to far lower when they'd be mass produced.

Hey duke, when are you writing another Tip.it article man, Loved your previous articles.

Now back ontopic: Well, what IDR also said, there should be a use for it and this should boost runecrafting. A reason to do it, is easier training and not making a TO BIG loss and ofcourse moneymakers like nature crafting. But because combi-crafting has absolutely no use, it seems way to expensive. I remember a previous playermade guide about this and that one showed that Combi crafting is about 3x as expensive as the FFL.. Ill try and find the post and post it here.

MAYOR EDIT:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=621870

As a level 62 runecrafter, I know that I am capable of crafting 1.5k (on average) natures or laws per hour through the abyss.

That is roughly 15k runecrafting experience per hour. After taking out costs of pure essence and super energies it is clear that by crafting runes through the abyss, runecrafters can make upwards of 250k an hour.

By crafting airs on world 16 airs, approximately 21k experience an hour can be gained (37-38-35-37408958 for more details). For world 16 airs, a profit of 35 million can be made.

By crafting laws on world 66 laws, approximately 28k experience an hour can be gained. This will cost you 60 million.

~~~~~

Please note, that this is in an average calculation from a variety of sources, during a spread of times. The actual rate of experience will fluctuate.

~~~~~

Crafting fires nets approximately 30k experience an hour ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ roughly 100 trips per hour. Loss is CAPPED at 8 million using this method, including cost of dueling rings, super energies and essence.

With combination runes you lose about the same amount as crafting laws (world 66) - but for 45k experience an hour!

In terms of hour and cost, from shortest time to longest:

Combo Runes: 130 hours - 60 million.

Fires: 193 hours - 8 million.

Laws (66): 205 hours - 60 million.

Airs (16): 274 hours - 35 million PROFIT.

Natures: 384 hours - 128 million PROFIT.

Without any further calculations - it seems that world 66 laws is 50% SLOWER than making combination runes. This eliminates the world 66 Law company as a viable alternative.

~ Illuminitai ~

------------------------

--- Runecrafting ---

Generally, there is ALWAYS a dominate method in terms of speed training. In the case of runecrafting, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s called combination runes.

However, by putting in the extra 63 hours on fires, you save 52 million. That's over 800k an hour! Do NOT make combination runes IF your average income is lower than 800k an hour.

By using world 16 airs, if you put in an extra 81 hours, you end up 43 million ahead. That's 530k an hour. Don't make fires UNLESS your average income is above 530k an hour.

If you put in the extra 110 hours, you'll end up 93 million ahead. That's approximately 850k an hour. Therefore, don't craft air runes unless your income is above 850k an hour.

This might seem a little confusing, so here's how I see it:

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

For maximum efficiency, the ONLY two ways are:

Income > 850k per hour, Combination Runes.

Income < 850k per hour, crafting NATURES or LAWS.

Fires and airs are also included in these calculations - but are not as efficient.

~ Illuminitai ~

All credit for this goes to: Illuminitai

As stated, the cost for Combi Runes and FFL seem the same (I trust this guys calculations as I have read the rest of his Guide to, which is extremely well written.) But the time is just 2/3th of the entire time! Impressive! (might worth a go..)

As for the soloist, it depends on the circumstances.

Like I said, emeralds and astral runes aren't a problem for myself... and if i can get combo runes for free when compared to the nothingness output of world 66, why not, although now practically useless, I like them for aesthethic value also.

EDIT: thank you, that post is what got me into combo runes- it clearly shows the quantitive data needed. World 66 stinks.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

Like I said, emeralds and astral runes aren't a problem for myself... and if i can get combo runes for free when compared to the nothingness output of world 66, why not, although now practically useless, I like them for aesthethic value also.

EDIT: thank you, that post is what got me into combo runes- it clearly shows the quantitive data needed. World 66 stinks.

Yes very true, if you use this data, but the problem probaly is what you stated far above, in your first post. You will need either alot of necklaces of binding or astral runes and did you say 82 :shock: magic.. I just got 73' :( I think this might be a problem aight?

EDIT:

After several posts here, I suddenly realized, I have never crafted combi-runes and so does 99.9% of all runecrafters. Although I do get the idea, could you please describe the process in vage terms. Such as exact requirements (items) for the proces.

The costs is 55.9M. So the TOTAL cost of combi runes should be well under 55.9M AND be as fast or faster. So a few numbers, if you could find them:

Exp / hour for FFL

Exp / hour Combi-runes

Cost / exp FFL = about 10gp /exp I thought

Cost / exp Combi-runes = ?

With those numbers, I can make a nice calculation, so can you perhaps, about the best way.

You can refer to illum. reference above, they're the same in cost, and xp for the most part.. but really for people like me where emeralds and astrals arent a problem, I save money doing combo runes AND I get really neat runes to boot <3:

untitled8copyiu7.gif

Yes very true, if you use this data, but the problem probaly is what you stated far above, in your first post. You will need either alot of necklaces of binding or astral runes and did you say 82 :shock: magic.. I just got 73' :( I think this might be a problem aight?

Yes- the magic requirement severely limits the amount of people that can do combo runes efficiently.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

Hey duke, when are you writing another Tip.it article man, Loved your previous articles.

Just read my sig. :) That said, I am not writing as regular guest author for the Tip.it Times anymore.

Seems like Illuminitai did some nice research on that... His calculations suggest that nature crafting is actually best for everyone (from an economic point of view only though).

Although I think truth may be slightly different and that combo runes may actually be best till level 91 runecrafting (double natures) and after that nature runecrafting is best. Too lazy to do extensive calculations on that though. <3:

I actualy have about 13k waters and only 600 or so earths, the problem is quite a few monsters drop a decent amount of waters (Green Dragons and Elves, I believe Basilisk may do too), Abyssals drop 50 airs at a time while Fire Giants/Greaters give you all the fires you need I can't think of ANYTHING that drops a good amount of earths and I'm always short on earths...

The problem with combonation runes is that they're useless. You have a mud staff and a lava staff, that eleminates two of the runes. None (Well, almost none) non-combat related spells use two types of runes anyway so it'd be easier just to have a staff of one type.

The only use the runes have is for pking, however you need to bring more with you at a time and they're more difficult to get, It'd be much simpler and cheaper to get say 500 earths and 500 waters than 1000 Mud runes.

Just read my sig. :) That said, I am not writing as regular guest author for the Tip.it Times anymore.

Seems like Illuminitai did some nice research on that... His calculations suggest that nature crafting is actually best for everyone (from an economic point of view only though).

Although I think truth may be slightly different and that combo runes may actually be best till level 91 runecrafting (double natures) and after that nature runecrafting is best. Too lazy to do extensive calculations on that though. <3:

Got your link saved. Well, time is money they say, or is money time? I guess the true moneymakers and gamers know for themselves what they find more important.

So we have this:

FFL --> Well, its good experience, its pretty expensive, but you can do it as a combat lvl 3..

Nature runes --> If you do not have millions to waste and plenty of time, this is the way for you! A great moneymaker and quite a lot of fun.

Air company --> You got money to spend, not very much, but you have it. And you do not care about all the profit you are missing out on. O well its good experience

Combi- runes --> You got the money, you just do not have the time. What you do have on the other hand is 82 magic and a hell of a load of emeralds and astral runes. So hell with it, im going to do this fast and clean (although expensive)

Fire runes --> Its not that fast, not that expensive. Though you are not making profit, still a 'small loss' for the time saved. Good for a level or two, but you will get bored fast as there is no real excitement (speed / cash / runes) in it..

I can say: this pretty much sums it up, considering the methods of runecrafting. As for Combi-runes. Time effective, but high requirements. A great way to do it. If the combi-runes would get a decent market value, this would become THE way to train runecrafting.

I love Illuminati's Skiller Guide as well <3:

Combo Runes will certainly be my main method of raising Runecrafting.

Combo runes VS Natures

The maximum time is 384 hours.

Thus, there is a 254 hour difference, or ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâfreeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ time. In that time, a 254m profit can be made. The net profit is therefore, 194m. This is 50% more efficient than natures.

Therefore, if you can afford to be financially displayed by 60 million ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ combination runes are the best you can get.

That's the bit that did it for me, really. In the Long run (and I consider 91 RC and beyond 'long run'), it seems combo runes are THE way to go. The money spent for the time saved will be more than made up for with the 'extra time' once 91 RC has been reached, and the nifty-keen combo runes are a bonus . :o If/when you need to, just make some money as you go. (Crafting nats or cosmics[x2] to fund your combo runes)

If Jagex did introduce an addition to the game that created a want for more combo runes, t'would be the best day ever :mrgreen: Then perhaps combo rune crafters could conspire to create a company with which to RULE THE RS WORLD :twisted: :twisted:

*regains composure* Ahem. But until then, I think it would be more efficient/rewarding to solo craft combos.

I actualy have about 13k waters and only 600 or so earths, the problem is quite a few monsters drop a decent amount of waters (Green Dragons and Elves, I believe Basilisk may do too), Abyssals drop 50 airs at a time while Fire Giants/Greaters give you all the fires you need I can't think of ANYTHING that drops a good amount of earths and I'm always short on earths...

The problem with combonation runes is that they're useless. You have a mud staff and a lava staff, that eleminates two of the runes. None (Well, almost none) non-combat related spells use two types of runes anyway so it'd be easier just to have a staff of one type.

The only use the runes have is for pking, however you need to bring more with you at a time and they're more difficult to get, It'd be much simpler and cheaper to get say 500 earths and 500 waters than 1000 Mud runes.

I sat for years at trolls and earth warriors :P

untitled8copyiu7.gif

I don't want your sharks or Monks =P I take it someone had the wrong window/tab open? :P

People usualy AFK at earths and thus don't pick up the drops and I don't kill trolls :wink:

Fire Giants, Greaters, Abyssals and Green Dragons are killed a lot more frequently than Trolls and Earths and thus Fires > Airs > Water > Earths.

Although I did camp at elves for a few days collecting clues :-$

I've been meaning to try mud rune crafting.

Mud runes may have some demand for pkers on normal magic who don't take a mud staff into the wildy.

I wonder what the demand would be for them if sold 100ea and how much xp you could get per hour using balloon to varrock from cw and duel ring back again.

Breaking even and getting around 30k an hr would be a dream come true.

Also, making tiaras would be a power way to level if only you could get your hands on large numbers of talismans.

Sadly, only the dragnoth kings drop them in large quantities that I know of.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I've been meaning to try mud rune crafting.

Mud runes may have some demand for pkers on normal magic who don't take a mud staff into the wildy.

I wonder what the demand would be for them if sold 100ea and how much xp you could get per hour using balloon to varrock from cw and duel ring back again.

Breaking even and getting around 30k an hr would be a dream come true.

Also, making tiaras would be a power way to level if only you could get your hands on large numbers of talismans.

Sadly, only the dragnoth kings drop them in large quantities that I know of.

Fires are basically free and you can get ~20K an hour, maybe more.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

the only problem with having a combo rune company is that, like you said, there is absolutely no market for them. the reason there are lots of law runners is because laws have a practicdal use and you can sell them fairly easily

Don't Click This

ironmfmcape,dominator428.gif

774th to 99 hunting on July 16th 2007