How many school shootings does it take?

Guest XplsvBam

Guest XplsvBam

How many school shootings does it take for people to realize belittling people or bulling people is a bad thing? Look for trends. They are mostly boys. 4 happened within 1 day of my birthday, 1 on my birthday. What areas did they happen most? What ages? What months? What years? Why?

Even if you being nice to someone means you aren't getting into that special click, you are doing the right thing.

February 2, 1996: Moses Lake, Washington

A 14 year-old shoots a teacher and two students with a rifle.

February 29, 1996: St. Louis, Missouri

A 30 year old man fired into a school bus where two were injured including a pregnant teenager and the bus driver.

February 19, 1997: Bethel, Alaska

A 16 year-old shoots and kills his principal and a student. Two other students are injured.

October 1, 1997: Pearl, Mississippi

A 16 year-old kills his mother, then goes to school and shoots nine others. Two die.

December 1, 1997: West Paducah, Kentucky

A 14 year-old shoots eight students as they pray in school. Three die and one student is left paralyzed.

December 15, 1997: Stamps, Arkansas

An eighth grader is arrested and charged as an adult after he confessed to shooting and wounded two of his fellow students as he hid in the woods outside of a high school.

March 24, 1998: Jonesboro, Arkansas

Two boys ages 11 and 13 shoot fourteen students and one teacher. The teacher and four of the students die.

April 24, 1998: Edinboro, Pennsylvania

A 14 year-old student shoots a teacher to death at a graduation dance.

April 28, 1998: Pomona, California

A 14 year-old shoots three boys. Two are killed.

May 19, 1998: Fayetteville, Tennessee

An 18 year-old shoots and kills a classmate just three days before graduation.

May 21, 1998: St. Charles, Missouri

Three 6th grade kids are discovered with a hit list to be conducted on the last day of school.

May 21, 1998: Houston, Texas

A 17 year-oldÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s gun goes off accidentally in his backpack. One girl is shot and wounded.

May 21, 1998: Onalaska, Washington

A 15 year-old takes his girlfriend from a school bus at gunpoint forcing her to go to his house where he uses a gun to commit suicide.

May 21, 1998: Springfield, Oregon

A 15 year-old shoots and kills both parents before going to school and opening fire in the cafeteria. Two students are killed.

June 6, 1998: Columbia, South Carolina

A 14 year old student is arrested after a school shooting that wounded a teacher and elderly volunteer aid.

June 15, 1998: Richmond, Virginia

A 14 year old student is charged as an adult for opening fire in a crowded high school hallway wounding a 45-year-old social studies teacher and a 74-year-old volunteer.

April 20, 1999: Littleton, Colorado

Two boys, ages 16 and 17, shoot 35 students and 1 teacher before committing suicide. Twelve students and the teacher die.

May 13, 1999: Port Huron, Michigan

Two 14 year-olds plotted to kill at least 154 people at school in an attempt to outdo the shooting at Columbine high school. They were stopped after fellow students reported them.

May 20, 1999: Conyers, Georgia

A 15 year-old wounds six classmates. They all survive.

Oct. 28, 1999: Cleveland, Ohio

A 14 year-old and three 15 year-olds planned on killing mostly black students, then dying in a shoot-out with police. A student's mother alerted officials.

November 19, 1999: Deming, New Mexico

A 12 year-old shoots a classmate in the back of her head. She dies the next day.

December 6, 1999: Fort Gibson, Oklahoma

A 7th grader brings a handgun to school and open fires. Four students are wounded.

January 29, 2000: Cupertino, California

A 19 year-old planned to attack his high school with guns and explosives. He took photos of himself and his arsenal. When he had the photos developed, a drug store clerk saw them and called police.

February 29, 2000: Mount Morris Township, Michigan

A 6 year-old boy brings a .32 semi-automatic handgun to school killing a first grader.

March 10, 2000: Savannah, Georgia

Two students killed by a 19 year old student while leaving a Beach High School dance.

May 11, 2000: Prairie Grove, Arkansas

A 13 year old seventh-grade student who left the Prairie Grove Junior High school in an apparent fit of rage and a police officer were injured Thursday after shooting each other in an altercation in a hay field north of the student's school.

May 18, 2000: Millbrae, California

A 17 year-old with a history of threatening other students with guns was reported to officials by fellow students when he threatened to do a "Columbine" type shooting.

May 26, 2000: Lake Worth, Florida

A 13 year-old sent home from school returned with a handgun and kills a teacher.

September 26, 2000: New Orleans, Louisiana (My birthday)

A student fought with another student, went home, returned with a gun and killed the student he had fought with in the high school gymnasium.

October 24, 2000: Glendale, Arizona

A teenager held a teacher and 32 students hostage for an hour before surrendering.

January 10, 2001: Oxnard, California

A 17 year-old entered school and took a girl hostage in an attempt to persuade police to shoot him. After the SWAT team arrived he was shot dead.

January 17, 2001: Baltimore, Maryland

One student was shot and killed in front of Lake Clifton Eastern High School.

February 5, 2001: Hoyt, Kansas

Three students ages 16, 17, and 18 planned to do a school shooting. An anonymous caller to a tip line alerted police. When their homes were searched, police discovered guns, bombs, and white supremacist drawings.

February 7, 2001: Fort Collins, Colorado

A 14 year-old and two 15 year-olds plot to "redo Columbine." Several classmates alerted the police after overhearing them talking about it.

February 11, 2001: Palm Harbor, Florida

A 14 year-old built a bomb having a kill radius of fifteen feet. The parents of another student who had received an e-mail detailing the bomberÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s plans alerted the sheriffÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s deputies.

February 14, 2001: Elmira, New York

A high schools student's plans for a school shooting were foiled after students brought the fact that he had weapons on him to a teacherÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s attention. He carried 14 pipe bombs, three smaller bombs, a propane tank, a sawed-off shotgun, a .22 caliber pistol into the school by a duffel bag and also a book bag full of ammunition. On December 17, 2001, Jeremy was sentenced to 8 1/2 years.

March 5, 2001: Santee, California

A 15 year-old opens fire from inside a school bathroom shooting 15 and killing 2.

March 7, 2001: Twentynine Palms, California

Two 17 year-old boys were arrested and after being tipped off by another student. A search of the boysÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ homes revealed a gun in one, and the plan in the other.

March 7, 2001: Williamsport, Pennsylvania

A 14 year-old brings his fatherÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s handgun to school and shoots a classmate in the shoulder.

March 22, 2001: El Cajon, California

Three teens and two teachers were wounded at Granite Hills High School by gunfire.

March 30, 2001: Gary, Indiana

A student was shot in the head while waiting for a class to begin.

January 15, 2002: New York, New York

A teenager wounded two students at Martin Luther King Jr. High.

October 4, 2002: San Antonio, Texas

A 13-year-old female middle school student fatally shot herself in the left temple with a 9mm handgun in front of a group of friends in the school parking lot.

November 19, 2002: Hoover, Alabama

Two 17 year old males were reportedly fighting in a hallway when one student pulled a knife and stabbed the other to death.

November, 22, 2002: Dallas, Texas

A 15-year-old male high school student was shot as he and fellow students tried to wrestle a gun away from another 14-year-old student.

December 12, 2002: Seattle, Washington

A 13-year-old male fired a rifle in a middle school, injuring two students with broken glass, and then used the gun to kill himself according to police reports.

December 16, 2002: Chicago, Illinois

An 18-year-old male high school student was fatally shot outside of Englewood High School, while trying to protect his sister from two other male students.

January 21, 2003: Fontana, California

A 50-year-old school district maintenance worker recently accused of child molestation hanged himself at an elementary school before the start of school. A teacher found him hanging from a gazebo in a quad area of the elementary school before 7am. No students were present and school was canceled.

January 22, 2003: Providence, Rhode Island

A 12th-grade male student was arrested for allegedly firing a .22 caliber gun inside the school's cafeteria after an assistant principal had broken up a fight. The shot was fired toward the ceiling and no one was injured.

January 27, 2003: Crescent, Oklahoma

Three eighth-grader middle school students were arrested for allegedly carrying pipe bombs into their school. The pipe bombs were reportedly 4 to 6 inches long; one was made of PVC pipe and the other from a film canister. Fireworks-style fuses were used on the devices.

January 30, 2003: St. Paul, Minnesota

A 14-year-old female middle school student was stabbed in the shoulder and two teenage males were taken into custody following a confrontation at the school.

January 30, 2003: Jenks, Oklahoma

A 17-year-old male student armed with a 9mm semiautomatic handgun climbed onto the roof of the schoolÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s gym and threatened suicide. He also pointed the gun at an assistant principal and later surrendered peacefully.

February 5, 2003: Westminster, Colorado

A 14-year-old male freshman was taken into custody after several shots were fired in a high school courtyard.

March 11, 2003: Gilbert, Arizona

Six youths were identified by police in an alleged plot to carry out a Columbine-style "massacre" at their high school. Authorities reportedly found notes and information indicating discussion of bombs and other violent plans.

March 17, 2003: Guttenberg, Iowa

A 17-year-old walked into his high school principal's office, thanked the principal for listening to his problems stating "talking would no longer help," pulled out a .22 caliber rifle from underneath his coat, and shot himself in the stomach.

March 21, 2003: Lawndale, California

Two teenage high school males were arrested after classmates told a school security officer that the pair had made threats. Officers found a journal with names of students and teachers the two may have been targeting. An unfinished pipe bomb was also found at one of the boyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s homes, along with instructions downloaded from the Internet.

April 1, 2003: Washington, DC

A 16-year-old male high school student was shot in the leg during a lunchtime argument with another 15-year-old student who fled afterwards and later turned himself in to police.

April 16, 2003: Addison, Texas

A 12-year-old female student committed suicide by shooting herself in a private school restroom.

April 23, 2003: Houston, Texas

A 16-year-old male high school student received a 6 to 7 inch slash wound in the chest during a fight with other students outside his high school during lunch period.

April 24, 2003: Red Lion, Pennsylvania

A 14-year-old male junior high school student shot and killed his principal inside a crowded cafeteria and then killed himself with a second gun according to police

May 23, 2003: Texas City, Texas

A bomb was found in the home of a 16-year-old high school male freshman who allegedly planned to kill the school districtÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s police chief, according to prosecutors.

September 18, 2003: Atlanta, Georgia

A 14-year-old Lovejoy High School student was arrested after police said he planned a Columbine-style massacre at the school.

September 24, 2003: Cold Spring, Minnesota

One student is dead and another hospitalized after a shooting in a Minnesota high school. A physical education teacher, Mark Johnson, talked the student into surrendering.

August 14, 2003: Columbus, Georgia

A 14-year-old girl went back to her middle school to visit her old teachers. While she was there, a fight broke out between two boys, each 13, in the woods behind the school. Several students went into the woods to watch and the girl went with them. During the fight, one of the boys pulled out a gun and opened fire. As the students fled, one of the bullets struck the girl killing the high school co-ed.

August 30, 2004: Maywood, Illinois

A 22-year-old male brother of a high school student was killed in a possible gang related shooting in a high school student parking lot while waiting to pick up his brother around 2:30 p.m.

September 2004: Memphis, Tennessee

A 15-year-old male eighth grade student died after a fight in a high school restroom. Six teenagers were subsequently charged with homicide. Prosecutors reported that the incident allegedly involved a gang initiation in which the victim had agreed to fight, but the fight got ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åout of handÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullying is not going to stop.

What needs to happen is school programs on self-defense and the relaxing of "defensive fighting" rules so that the children being bullied can defend themselves without having to bottle this behavior up.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

What needs to happen is school programs on self-defense and the relaxing of "defensive fighting" rules so that the children being bullied can defend themselves without having to bottle this behavior up.

Or, *gasp* tell someone that they're being bullied!

Oh my god, I'm a genius!

Proud founder of the Myriad

Oh my god, I'm a genius!

Not quite. Other children would lable that student as a "tattle" which will discourage them from doing it in the future.

Nothing says "leave me alone" like a swift jab to a pressure point.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Holy cow, I couldn't read all those shootings.

Anyway, I hope we all learn of evil in this world because it DOES EXIST. Rather than be in shock of why he did it, I just claim the shooter yesterday was indeed a villain. It does not matter what evil you commit, you are still a villain.

Whether this is a health issue or anything else, this shooter is evil. And if you think I'm saying he is evil because he is Asian then you are mistaken. The race doesn't matter when it comes to evil.

Anyway, I'm gonna get flamed for this but I will say that violent stuff does encourage certain people to kill and hate. Now, I am not exactly like that but still, I choose to be careful. I do not know what sprung this man to shoot all those people but I will say he wanted to kill people for a reason and we don't know that yet.

I love to see what the wacky people say about this, "Oh, this man had a hard life and didn't know what he was doing."

Besides, you cannot STOP bullying, that will never happen until Revelations (according to what I believe) but we can prevent bullying, it just requires a lot of guts for some teachers. Best thing to handle it is to defend yourself until some schools take action. It seems like bullies get away with it but then again, this is a bit off-topic to yesterday, this man was WORSE than a BULLY.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Let anyone buy a gun and its going to happen, as far as i look at it the american government has lost the plot completely.

Explain this one stupid thing.

Anyone can buy a gun at the age of 18 in the USA

You cannot drink in bars under the age of 21 (20 or 21 can rem) in the USA.

I think this small statement speaks for itself - the american government wants war all the time guns, arms etc make them money. If this isnt true then why is it that theres been a shooting from a youth almost every year killing innocent youths, adults.

I can't feel sorry for whats happening since its the governments fault, lets just hope the UK government doesn't make the same stupid [developmentally delayed]ed mistakes in the future.

Sorry if i offended anyone but the truth is the truth.

leebrave.png

Gorak Chronicles Ended, thinking of something new for next week

The Government has made mistakes. Besides, no matter what the Government does, there will be shootings. But I wouldn't blame the Government for these murders so I will not be blaming, I'll just say that this shooter plus ones from the past were evil people and even if they had dark histories, still makes them evil.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Oh my god, I'm a genius!

Not quite. Other children would lable that student as a "tattle" which will discourage them from doing it in the future.

It hasn't stopped me from telling my teachers. If people can rise above their so called labels, then we wouldn't have a problem.

Violence is never the answer. Manipulation is.

Oh my god, I'm a genius!

It hasn't stopped me from telling my teachers. If people can rise above their so called labels, then we wouldn't have a problem.

Violence is never the answer. Manipulation is.

true, but my question is, does every single person in the world know that? I know it is hard for boys as they are more aggressive than girls.

safari20hat11.jpg

Guest XplsvBam
It won't end and there's no point in talking about how it can end. You can bet your boots on that.
A little pessimistic?

you can say "oh, don't be violent" and yet the kid could be violent. Now, if you showed the results from violent actions and maybe show it with classic books then they MAY get the idea.

safari20hat11.jpg

you can say "oh, don't be violent" and yet the kid could be violent. Now, if you showed the results from violent actions and maybe show it with classic books then they MAY get the idea.

You show the results of drunk driving. Nothing happens, people still do it.

You show the results of drugs. Nothing happens, people still do it.

Violence is the same way. This is societies fault because kids can watch all these 'action' movies filled with violence. Ironically, they can't watch a pair of breasts, because, you know, someone naked is far more traumatic than someone getting his head blown off.

This forum is a perfect example. We can't discuss circumcision. We can't discuss our sexual health which any 13+ year old SHOULD know by now, but some guy can post pictures of his calf blown off, why?!

good point, even I never thought of that one. For once I agree with you (no offensive but on some things I disagree). But, lets say that a shot from a torture movie is showed here, it would be deleted but if it was from my Star Wars game (the mods I downloaded are bloody) it would not be deleted. Maybe it is because it is a video game or somethin'.

safari20hat11.jpg

good point, even I never thought of that one. For once I agree with you (no offensive but on some things I disagree). But, lets say that a shot from a torture movie is showed here, it would be deleted but if it was from my Star Wars game (the mods I downloaded are bloody) it would not be deleted. Maybe it is because it is a video game or somethin'.

No offense taken, I debate, wether you agree with me or not is a rather moot point. ;)

And you got the basic idea, but, If I were to post pornography (adult entertainment) yes, I expect it to be locked/deleted. If I want to start a discussion as to why circumcision isn't worth it, without posting any offensive material, it gets locked. Why?

Why is posting about school shootings, death, less inappropriate than our sexual health? Or even health in general?

I wonder if there are some numbers on school shootings in Europe. I wonder how many there are.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I wonder if there are some numbers on school shootings in Europe. I wonder how many there are.

There was that one in Dunblane in the Primary School which i can remember, extremely awful as the children were very young ages 6+

On Wednesday, 13 March 1996, unemployed former shopkeeper and Scout leader Thomas Hamilton walked into the school armed with two 9 mm Browning HP pistols and two Smith and Wesson .357 revolvers. He was carrying 743 cartridges. The subsequent police investigation revealed that Hamilton had loaded the magazines for his Browning with an alternating combination of fully metal jacketed and hollow point ammunition.

After gaining entry to the school, Hamilton made his way to the gymnasium and opened fire on a class of five- and six-year-olds, killing or wounding all but one person. Sixteen children and a teacher, Gwen Mayor, died at the scene. Hamilton then left the gymnasium through the emergency exit. In the playground outside he fired a number of shots into a mobile classroom. A teacher in the mobile classroom had previously realised that something was wrong and told the children to hide under the tables. A number of bullet holes were found in the children's chairs. He also fired at a group of children walking in a corridor, injuring one teacher. Hamilton went back into the gym and fired one shot with one of his two revolvers pointing upwards into his mouth, killing himself instantly. A further eleven children and three adults were rushed to the hospital as soon as the emergency services arrived; one of these children was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

Bullying is foul... People do not see the effect it has on people.

Im currently in the working stages of making an 'anti-bullying' campaign at my School. I'll spend my free lessons browsing class-rooms and having consultations with the pupils to try and indentify who is bullying and who is being bullied.

Schools do FAR TO LITTLE to prevent bullying - Thank God theres a few students who are trying to it help those who experience it.

Bullying is foul... People do not see the effect it has on people.

Im currently in the working stages of making an 'anti-bullying' campaign at my School. I'll spend my free lessons browsing class-rooms and having consultations with the pupils to try and indentify who is bullying and who is being bullied.

Schools do FAR TO LITTLE to prevent bullying - Thank God theres a few students who are trying to it help those who experience it.

That does not help. I repeat, that does not help!

What you need to do is to send a message accross, loud and clear. The message is "Someone's constantly putting you down? Making fun of you about something? etc.. Go talk to your teacher. He will help!"

Send that message out and people will listen. You need to get rid of the "rat" label, and that's one of the best ways to do it.