Closed...

RoswellCrash

Edit: seems this post has served its purpose, whatever that was :-s

Closed

I am going to upset a lot of people in the forums today with my view :twisted:

This post does not apply to you all just the ones that bought those skills...Just for the cape.

But here I go, now if my first skill cape was a fletching or cooking cape I would not wear it...

My reason is because it is shameful, I would be less embarrassed wearing a obby cape then having a untrimmed fetching / cooking cape..

In my view to have a fletching cape or cooking cape before any other 99 skill,

means you bought the skill, I would have to say 60%(if not more) of the people with a untrimmed fletching / cooking cape have it because they bought it,

& only for the reason that they wanted a skill cape.

When I see a untrimmed skill cape I don't think cool I feel sorry for the person wearing it I find it so nasty and tacky.

I know it still takes hard work to get them but come on, if you want a skill cape fish for one then get the cooking cape at least then you have a reason for having the cooking cape.

Over my dead body would I ever have a fletching cape before I have 99 woodcutting and a cooking cape over a fishing cape...

So next time you walk past me thinking your cool with your untrimmed fletching cape.... Know I feel sick and want to rip you head off..

So that's how I feel..

I was going to call this the unofficial rant magnet, feel free to flame me...

Some nice facts to help you in your need to recover from the belittling I bestowed upon you.

I don't have a 99 cape..... (although I am working on 99 fishing, cooking & hunter)

I have been playing for 18 ish months

I pick my nose..

Those should help you..

I just wanted to know if there are others out there that feel the same?

Not everyone got their cooking or fletching to 99 AFTER the skillcapes were released...

But I agree with the main point of your thread, untrimmed cooking/fletching cape = Lame.

Margus.png

I agree to an extent, if i had 99 fletching i wouldn't wear the cape, or cooking. But i dont feel "sick" to people who do have them.

Ok I went over the top... :-w

Not everyone got their cooking or fletching to 99 AFTER the skillcapes were released...

But I agree with the main point of your thread, untrimmed cooking/fletching cape = Lame.

Yeah I don't mean those people they can walk with their head held high!

U should feel more sick to wear a attack or strength cape as more people have them...

fletching = herblore people aren't shamed to wear herblore capes

useless topic <.<

Your right herblore can be bought, but these to capes are the primary ones..

Also right about the topic but its better then some of the topics these days and its in the right forum I should get points for that at least :thumbsup:

every cape is an acievement...

but ye i would rather have a combat cape then a cooking/fletching cape...

but im almost at 99 str now, but for 80% im doing it for the cape, because im ok with 98 but the cape jut gives a little extra..

1135127668459c038738feavy8.gif

capeachievestrks8.gif<>26 april 2007

*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*RaceThunder

When I see a untrimmed skill cape I don't think cool I feel sorry for the person wearing it I find it so nasty and tacky.

When I have my untrimmed range cape, you'll feel sorry for me?

I don't have the money to buy it (chinchompas) and I don't like PC, therefore my xp is slow, taking me ALOT of time. A friend of mine owns an untrimmed 99 cooking cape - at first glance I'm sure you would be repulsed, but if you asked him about it he'd explain that he fished every single lobster, monkfish and shark that he has cooked. Getting 13m XP in a single skill is still a hard thing to do..

U should feel more sick to wear a attack or strength cape as more people have them...

fletching = herblore people aren't shamed to wear herblore capes

useless topic <.<

More people only have because of the fact that having attack/strength 99really has a good use in the game. What good advantages do the owners of fletching cape have over 85 level fletching? None.

Having attack or strength 99 is so very much useful in majority of game aspects, while fletching has very little.

Cooking 99 has a bit more use, but cooking summer pies or other pies that require high level cooking, is not so useful anyway.

And you compared herblore to fletching?

Well, yes, the technique maybe similar, but you don't get exp. for mixing vials with herbs. Buying 50K yew logs is just a matter of couple of hours, or even faster, but try buying 50K kwuarms, irits, limps, eyes, vials in that time.

That is the difference.

Margus.png

every cape is an acievement...

but ye i would rather have a combat cape then a cooking/fletching cape...

but im almost at 99 str now, but for 80% im doing it for the cape, because im ok with 98 but the cape jut gives a little extra..

Well good luck with the cape.. and yeah I don't disagree any cape is a achievement, hope non of my friends see this post two or three of them have 99 fetching and cooking just for the cape :XD:

I don't have the money to buy it (chinchompas) and I don't like PC, therefore my xp is slow, taking me ALOT of time. A friend of mine owns an untrimmed 99 cooking cape - at first glance I'm sure you would be repulsed, but if you asked him about it he'd explain that he fished every single lobster, monkfish and shark that he has cooked. Getting 13m XP in a single skill is still a hard thing to do..

Oooh i should edit that I mean just those with a fletching / cooking cape,

its kinda like a phobia with me those cape :-X

And as i clearly said in my post I am not talking about those people only the ones that bought the skill just for the skill cape....... :-s

So no this does not include your friend, as well all know you can hit 99 Fletch/ cooking before you get 99 woodcutting/ fishing.

Also your sig says "<-- Inside the top 9,999 Rangers " when your not your inside the top 10,000 to be inside the top 9,999 players you would have to be 9,998

range cape is a beautifull whatever its trimmed or not(i like it better with no trim), also the emote is the nicest (together with rc and prayer)

also i think the cooking and fletching cape both have very nice colour combi's, but its to bad they are so easy to get..

1135127668459c038738feavy8.gif

capeachievestrks8.gif<>26 april 2007

*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*RaceThunder

I dont see why having an untrimmed fletch or cooking cape is a bad thing unless the person autoed to achieve it. They still had to earn the money and then do the same thign over and over, thats all anyone does to get a skill cape, repeat the smae thing many,many times. When i see people with ANY skill cape i think nice cape, they must of played a long time . Thats all nothing else, i dont envy them, i dotn get angry at them for supposed 'cheapness', nothing.

I don't feel ashamed that I'm wearing a cooking cape. Because since January I have been perusing a goal of 99 Fishing and 99 Cooking. I did not want to spend many consecutive days in Rogues Den so I decided to level up my cooking every time I levelled up fishing. Right now I am 96 Fishing with 99 Cooking and don't feel ashamed about my cape. If someone starts insulting me about cooking being lame then I just tell them to look me up on the hiscores.

Also, in the long-term, an achievement cape is actually cheaper to buy than an obby cape, along with this the stats are the same as obby and once trimmed even offer a prayer bonus. This shows that the cape may not be just for looks and the fact of having a 99. But also for stat enchancements.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

I don't feel ashamed that I'm wearing a cooking cape. Because since January I have been perusing a goal of 99 Fishing and 99 Cooking. I did not want to spend many consecutive days in Rogues Den so I decided to level up my cooking every time I levelled up fishing. Right now I am 96 Fishing with 99 Cooking and don't feel ashamed about my cape. If someone starts insulting me about cooking being lame then I just tell them to look me up on the hiscores.

Also, in the long-term, an achievement cape is actually cheaper to buy than an obby cape, along with this the stats are the same as obby and once trimmed even offer a prayer bonus. This shows that the cape may not be just for looks and the fact of having a 99. But also for stat enchancements.

I feel like an echo now I have said many times on this post that I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF,

But the people with say 60 ish fishing or 60 woodcutting with 99 fletching and cooking capes,

that only have that skill because they wanted to look cool with a skill cape.

I don't think its a bad thing just purely trying to find out if some people think these capes are becoming nasty because people are all getting 99 in that skill.... these capes are just so common reminds me of the level 60's in full dragon.

How on earth can you be ashamed to wear something that a lot of people wear. You say you would chose an obby cape above an untrimmed cook/fletch cape. But there are also a lot of people that wear obby capes.

Also I don't like it how most people look so negatif on "buying" a skill. It takes a lot of effort te earn money for the skill and when you have the money you still have to train it.

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

i have 99 cooking , but i didn't do it for the cape :blink:

i also told my friend that i'm not really happy that this one is my first cape of ach.

he told me that every cape is an achievement and those who doesn't have it and say they are 'nubish' are just jalous(what is true for the biggest part<_<)

AND I got the biggest part of my cooking in f2p while fishing , so you can't say I actually bought the cape...

AND it's not that i have 99 cooking now , that i'll never use the cape again..

i'm fishing 1k monks right now , those i'm going to cook and then use in pyramid plunder..

and what about firemaking , the levels come fast and most people just buy the logs , are those lame to?

ps. i hate woodcutting , so if i get 99 fletch , i absolutely bought the logs :D

How on earth can you be ashamed to wear something that a lot of people wear. You say you would chose an obby cape above an untrimmed cook/fletch cape. But there are also a lot of people that wear obby capes.

Also I don't like it how most people look so negatif on "buying" a skill. It takes a lot of effort te earn money for the skill and when you have the money you still have to train it.

Yeah 20% of the skill buyers are scammers

Another 10% bought the cash from online shops..

I am taking about these noobs that don't have any skills high enough to be able to make the cash.. not high level players that have them..

i have 99 cooking , but i didn't do it for the cape :blink:

i also told my friend that i'm not really happy that this one is my first cape of ach.

he told me that every cape is an achievement and those who doesn't have it and say they are 'nubish' are just jalous(what is true for the biggest part<_<)

AND I got the biggest part of my cooking in f2p while fishing , so you can't say I actually bought the cape...

AND it's not that i have 99 cooking now , that i'll never use the cape again..

i'm fishing 1k monks right now , those i'm going to cook and then use in pyramid plunder..

and what about firemaking , the levels come fast and most people just buy the logs , are those lame to?

ps. i hate woodcutting , so if i get 99 fletch , i absolutely bought the logs :D

yeah they are easy to but you don't see a firemaking cape as often as a fletching / cooking cape.

yea i hate it when people buy skills. Ive never buyed a skill and i never will. Not buying shows dedication and actual skill.

what do you see as buying it?

like me , getting the last 9 levels with buying the food? :/

ps. sorry , questcape was first one :D

Firemaking is harder than fletching or cooking, since it doesn't have x-option.

It's clicking all the time, while fletching and cooking, you can browse forums and do other things...

Margus.png

yea i hate it when people buy skills. Ive never buyed a skill and i never will. Not buying shows dedication and actual skill.

what do you see as buying it?

like me , getting the last 9 levels with buying the food? :/

ps. sorry , questcape was first one :D

I have no problem with buying skills just buying these skill for the reason of getting a skill cape rather then have the skill, no one bothered before the skill capes then it was a mad rush for a skill cape.

Buying a skill like prayer, I will be doing that one day and a bit of herb and construction and many more..

I don't get why people call fletching buyable. A skill is buyable when you can spend money to train the skill faster... Fletching yew logs into yew longs (s) doesn't cost money -> fletching is not a buyable skill. Same partly goes for cooking as well, although raw food does cost slightly more then cooked these days.

So this thread doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't get why people call fletching buyable. A skill is buyable when you can spend money to train the skill faster... Fletching yew logs into yew longs (s) doesn't cost money -> fletching is not a buyable skill. Same partly goes for cooking as well, although raw food does cost slightly more then cooked these days.

So this thread doesn't make any sense at all.

Well you buy the raw materials to train the skill.... so your buying them........ :-s

Making it buyable :-k

I don't mean it in the sense you give a guy the money and he makes you 99,

Sorry if that's hard to understand :wall:

Another pointless topic about skill capes....Your 81 cooking and 73 fletching, and no 99 skill.....what you guys dont understand is that youve actually got to get over 13mil xp in each, and that takes determination in both....

And about wearing one over another cape is rubbish, If I had the choice of which cape id wear, fletching is one of the top as I like the look of it, and no, having so many people (Most of whitch you dont see) does not ruin it

Apcrump0.png

Another pointless topic about skill capes....Your 81 cooking and 73 fletching, and no 99 skill.....what you guys dont understand is that youve actually got to get over 13mil xp in each, and that takes determination in both....

And about wearing one over another cape is rubbish, If I had the choice of which cape id wear, fletching is one of the top as I like the look of it, and no, having so many people (Most of whitch you dont see) does not ruin it

In 5-7 weeks time I will have 99 fishing and if not 99 cooking well on my way to it, I know what's in it..

I have said this before I don't argue that its not hard to get the skill, just that I cant stand people that,

buy the skill just to look cool with a cape.

Apcrump0

91 fletching and 77 woodcutting Guess I hit a raw nerve :thumbsup:

But your not even the kind of person I am talking about its the low lvl 1300+ totals that have 99 fletching just for the cape.

Apcrump0

91 fletching and 77 woodcutting Guess I hit a raw nerve :thumbsup:

But your not even the kind of person I am talking about its the low lvl 1300+ totals that have 99 fletching just for the cape.

WTF are you on about? 'I hit a raw nerve'-thats just a load of words all stuck together....

And so what if 1300s have a fketching cape or another one? People like the capes, as do you as your getting 99s in a few weeks :roll:

The person with 1300 may be a level 1 skiller, your combat stats do raise your total a bit you know...

77 woodcutting?Try havent trained it in 8 months, along with fletching due to the fact that ive had a laggy computer since that time, and only just started playing again...

And I think you'll find all my skills are better than yours....and your sad enough to find out my rs name...

Apcrump0.png