quest it again and again...

kelbri

I searched the topics, and didn't see that anybody had posted this before, so please let me know if it has been posted in the past...

Sometimes I get a little bored and frustreated with RuneScape. Not in the fact that the game is becoming over-run with autoers, or everyone calling everyone else a "Noob" or some other word meaning the same thing, or that there aren't any F2P updates, or that the holiday events aren't any fun... blah blah blah... Sometimes I walk through Varrok Square, see Romeo standing there all alone, and think to myself... "I wish I could do that quest again, just so that Romeo has something to do..."

Now before I get numerous and undaunting replies from people saying this is the worst idea ever, or that I could do a quest over and over to get alot of xp, hear me out.

The reward at the end would be nothing, as you have already gotten the reward.

Well then, why would I do a quest I have already done?

Sometimes it's the challenge of beating up that dragon again, or having to make it through a bunch of lessers. Sometimes it's just so that you have a goal (short term) that you now have to achieve.

No matter what your reason, I would like to see quests that you can do over and over whenever you feel like taking a break from swinging your axe, or pick, or sitting there training on Ice Giants.

Please, no flames about members quests, only being able to do them once because otherwise people could keep doing them over and over to get free whip, or dragon bones, or whatever, because I don't know anything about them, as I am not a member.

Thoughts? Likes, dislikes, make it better?

Lion+O+1.png

This idea in my mind isn't gonna work. It would be kind of fun to redo some of the quests you really enjoy, mainly those that enjoy killing something difficult. It would be pointless at a certain limit b/c thats why they have all the skills. Train up a skill if you need something to do.

1/= '/0(_) C4/\/ R34D 7H15 7H3/\/ '/0(_) J(_)57 G07 />\/\//\/7!!!!!!!!!!

http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Mortifyer1.png

Mortifyer1.png

Please, no flames about members quests, only being able to do them once because otherwise people could keep doing them over and over to get free whip, or dragon bones, or whatever, because I don't know anything about them, as I am not a member.

Member quests don't give out whips and such as rewards, because then the price would maybe be 3k.... Members should be able to do quests again too ::' I already thought about this idea also, so I support, if it would be member quests too. \'

2j3qh46.jpg

Member quests don't give out whips and such as rewards, because then the price would maybe be 3k.... Members should be able to do quests again too ::' I already thought about this idea also, so I support, if it would be member quests too. \'

Cool. Like I said, you wouldn't get anything as a reward for doing the quest again... No XP, no gp, no items...

And of course it would be ALL quests, both members and not.

Lion+O+1.png

Guest ShadowClawe
This idea in my mind isn't gonna work. It would be kind of fun to redo some of the quests you really enjoy, mainly those that enjoy killing something difficult. It would be pointless at a certain limit b/c thats why they have all the skills. Train up a skill if you need something to do.

Well, if you feel that way, that if you want something to do in runescape then train skills, then just tell Jagex to kick out minigames, holiday events, AND quests from the game!

I support this idea, btw. I liked doing the dragon slayer quest, and have to do it on another account if I want to do it again. :(

Nice suggestion!

I guess it can be made for certain quests (as it is in MapleStory), and you get small rewards such as Gems or Herbs etc. or maybe even small xp gains...but not enough that its an alternate way to gain Levels for higher level players who could easily finish these quests.

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Something to add to the idea, when redoing certain quests you get timed, and the reward you get is dependant on how long it took you.

for example:

Quest LogMonkey Madness

Your current time: 01:21*

Rewards:

<00:40 Dragon scimmy 3k xp Lamp

00:40 - 01:00 2 Sapphires 2 Emeralds 2 Rubies 2 Diamonds (uncut)

01:00 - 01:20 1 Sapphire 1 Emerald 1 Ruby 1 Diamond (cut)

>01:20 Genie lamp

*hour:minute

1z2zrwo.jpg

The problem is, most quest contribute to a storyline, and once the story has been told (quest completed) you aren't realistically be able to complete it again (for example, I doubt you could just go back and kill Elvarg again and again after you have killed her... or go back and kill Delrith or something... it just doesn't make sense). There might be redoable quests, but that would be more along the lines of a minigame.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~