~~~~~~~ Ultimate Brimhaven Agility Guide ~~~~~~~

Triquos

with karamanja gloves on i got 520k exp when i traded in 1k tickets, might want to add in a bit about the bonuses from wearing gloves and trading, other than that, great guide

also you can buy chocolate from lumby bank chest, use it on cakes and you get an extra 6hp per cake, 2 per bite, helps me alot :thumbsup:

Candymann16.png

some tips:

do some obstacles when you're waiting for the next ticket. no point standing around while you can be getting some xp. even the low wall is good.

try to get to the centre of the arena after you've gotten the ticket. this means that the furthest the next ticket will be is 4 obstacles away, instead of a max of 8.

Avoid holds. its a lvl20 obstacle and you'll fall if you fail it. not worth the time. only exception is when you want to get frm side to side at the bottom row.

i've completely fixed up the guide now, no more repetition, i've also added player's suggestions and i've re-vamped the inventory pic with cakes, not lobs, and 300gp instead of the 210gp. I've also added a suggested -what to wear- picture and removed one of the pictures that didn't show up and wasn't that necessary anyway, as the pic below it related to it somewhat.

hope that helped :thumbsup:

2vuhgcn.png

HI

Nice guide! I train alot in the brimhaven agility arena.

I have a question, do the karamja gloves 2 or 3 only give you xp bonus when you trade tickets with the pirate or also when your using obstacles in the agility arena?

you get more xp while doing the obstacles and when trading tickets.

Brimhaven is actually good to do at 43 :)

Why do you have itno low detail any reason?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

tyvm Apostle i'll change that right now ^_^

Also I found out that whilst doing the course with the karamja gloves, you get MORE EXP! I thought they only worked with the tickets, but the rumour is true and I can confirm this! i'm going to edit the guide again now, will add in another table and the exp difference ^_^

As for why I use low detail - it's less laggy because it uses less memory, there's less distractions, and, you can see the yellow arrow more easier. \'

just going to edit the guide for improvement now ^_^

2vuhgcn.png

Thank you for the great guide Triquos. The Karamja gloves definitely make Brimhaven a more viable option for agility. It's a much more interesting way to train then the your normal agility courses, and you may have just inspired me to make a visit!

Speaking of non-standard agility courses, you may want to consider adding Skullball as a good way to train agility from levels 25-40, maybe even to 52. Skullball is in the Werewolf agility dungeon that becomes available after the Creature of Fenkenstrain quest, and I have found it to give faster xp then both the Gnome and Barbarian agility course.

Here are my times:

Gnome Course:

XP per circuit: 86.5

Time per circuit: 37

XP per hour: 8,400

Barbarian outpost:

XP per circuit: 153

Time per circuit: 38 sec

XP per hour: 14,500

Skullball:

XP per circuit: 750

Time per circuit: 2:30

XP per hour: 18,000

Note that the times for Gnome and Barbarian are "best times" sustainable only when using potions, while times for the Skullball are average - many times I've completed it in under 2 minutes. Also, like the Gnome course, you will never fail an obstacle or take damage. It may take a couple of rounds, but once you have a good rhythm going, it's a great way to train agility quickly from a low level.

"Less is more" -- Mies

Based on my own experience/time trials at agility 80 I roughly got the following results (rounded to agility xp per minute)

Ape atoll course: 995

Brimhaven with karamja gloves 2: 661

Werewolf: 600

Brimhaven without karamja gloves 2: 576

Wilderness: 558

Dorgesh-Kaan (cave goblin) using obstacles: 458

I haven't included the penguin, barbarian or gnome courses or agility pyramid because they are "entry-level" in my opinion.

Ape Atoll:

Even though Ape Atoll gives the most experience by far, it can be tricky to get access to (Awowogei's dish in recipe for disaster), and tricky to click on the obstacles which slows you down. The experience is high per lap but a lap taking just 40 seconds instead of 35 seconds will adjust your experience by almost 13%. I recommend a big monitor with a low resolution and a high agility level. With most obstacles, if you fail you have to redo the lap to effectively redo the obstacle for the lap bonus. Also, because you're non-stop running, you should bring lots of super energy pots for this course. 70+ agility is basically a necessity for this to be worth it. You also need to keep your ninja monkey greegree and grab a banana for the teleport. Wear everything to keep your weight to a minimum since every kg will slow you down and reduce your energy faster.

Brimhaven:

As you can see, without Karamja gloves 2, the werewolf course would have been the second best option here. You WILL fail even medium level (20 agility) obstacles at 80 agility so food is a MUST. Cakes are fast and easy to thieve from Ardougne south and give you some thieving experience. Since chocolate bar stocks were raised in gnome stronghold, you can pop by the bank to improve these to chocolate cakes if you tend to run low on health. They are also accessible from lumby chest as previously commented by Candymann16. Baskets of strawberries are light and heal a total of 30 but as you reach higher levels, you don't fail obstacles enough to require so much healing. You also have to take strawberries out of the basket one by one which reduces the amount of time you can spend training on obstacles.

Although a regen bracelet or penance gloves would help you last longer in the arena, you'd be sacrificing a HUGE amount of experience so stick with just boots of lightness and a spottier cape. To make your health last longer, wear monk robes, prayer book and jewellery with prayer bonuses where possible (holy symbol, glory etc) along with the rapid heal and redemption prayer for when you're almost out of prayer points. A light weapon with a prayer bonus is suggested such as wolfbane, and if you lose it it's free to get back from the temple on the salve. Do not wear armour! Even if it has a prayer bonus such as initiate or proselyte, the weight of it will make the arena harder.

Some people suggest prayer pots, super restores and sara brews but I find that the cost outweights the benefit. If you've got money to burn however and your levels are high enough, sara brews are the way to go.

Keep your health below 20hp at all times but be wary not to drop to 0.

Since you can fail any medium or hard obstacle, avoid darts unless you're at full agility and you're a decent level. Avoid handholds because you will fall and lose valuable time. Pot up on an agility pot at the bank and then only bring a 4 dose agility pot with you if it makes a big difference at your level. If you fall to the platform underneath, you lose about 5-10 seconds and you have LESS than 60 seconds to get to the next pillar because of reaction time, lag and hand-eye coordination.

You can break the course into "short distance" and "long distance" pillars from the centre as below (O being short, X being long):

XXOXX

XOOOX

OOOOO

XOOOX

XXOXX

13 out of the 25 are "short distance" but by the law of averages, the pillar should appear equally on all pillars over time. Also the arrow cannot appear on the same pillar twice in a row. So if you tag a few pillars on one side, usually it's a good idea to start moving towards the other side of the arena to shorten running time and give you more time to train on obstacles while you're waiting. This increases your odds of a "short distance" trip to about 15+/25 (60% of the time)

While you're waiting for the next pillar DON'T JUST STAND THERE. People try to tell me all the time it doesn't make a difference, but the obstacles you do while you're just waiting, accounts for about a quarter of your total agility experience in the arena. I prefer the floor [bleep]es or the pressure pads usually but go for the hard level spinning blades jump if it's in line with the law of average explanation above. Avoid the floor blade since it gives no experience, you can still hurt yourself on it at 80 agility and you have to WAIT for it before you can get past.

Stay motivated in this course. It's only worth the experience if you're going to hold in for the 1000 tickets. If you're dedicated you can do it in 3 days. If you're insane or just want an insane challenge (like I once was/did) you can do it in 2 days. At night I was dreaming about jumping [bleep]es and avoiding falling rocks for about a week afterward. *shudders*

If you miss an obstacle, use the opportunity to take a break, since you'll have to get two tickets next pillar anyway. The experience above is based on missing 1 ticket in every 100 which would include the first pillar you tag and not get a ticket for. The effect of missing a couple of extra tickets isn't that much, but if you're missing the pillar every 3rd time, you might want to consider another course since you'll only be getting 1/3 the experience shown above. ([0, 1, 0], [0, 1, 0])

Werewolf course:

This is a decent alternative if your agility is high enough for the course and you have high strength. Picking up the stick and the experience from the death slide is what makes this course appealing to some. If your strength and agility is high enough for this course however, you should really consider Ape Atoll. You don't need to complete all of recipe for disaster to have this option available!

---

That was meant to be a summary, turned out a bit longer than I thought. Hope it helps people though.

Lost my edit button for some reason... anyway

For ape atoll and werewolf course wear items to keep your weight to a minimum including penance gloves, spottier cape and boots of lightness.

Brimhaven items have already been explained in plenty of detail.

Ape Atoll is best played in high detail so you can see where you're going from one obstacle to the next.

Werewolf course can be played in either, but low is recommended to reduce delays. Try to run straight down the middle of the course to get the stick or you'll add 5 seconds to your time.

Brimhaven looks very cool in high detail but low detail is better in terms of performance and helps you to see which platforms to move to at a low angle camera view. You still get the "matrix" avoiding darts animation in low detail mode.