closed

Well, correct me if im wrong but basically you are saying that we should try to correct the money drain by doubling all prayer xp? As for the money part i would say that a bone store would be an ok idea, but including draon bones would just drop the bone prices even more. I dunno i guess if you elaborate a little more on this idea i mite get a better idea of wat you are trying to do.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

(f2p:normal and big-no burnt or monkey bones, p2p:all the bones up to dragon)

Why is there no monkey bones for F2P!?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

(f2p:normal and big-no burnt or monkey bones, p2p:all the bones up to dragon)

Why is there no monkey bones for F2P!?

Probably because since you can only get them one other place in F2P otherwise, there might be some kind of hype over them about them being "rare" or something...

EIther way, I have to disagree with both suggestions. Doubling Prayer XP would be unfair for everyone, especially those who don't train prayer. If anything, it would have to be a constant about given to all players to keep them equal. A person with 5m XP in Prayer would go to 10m, however a person with 10m would go to 20m, gaining twice as much as someone with not too much lower a level.

As for the shop, the only way this could possibly work is if the prices were extremely low, which would crash the player market on these kinds of bones, and could also give some players who haven't trained their prayer such a jump start on others that it could make prayer too easy to train.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

That would damage the RS economy. A lot of people make a lot of money from killing dragons for bones. Tru most of them are macroes or goldfarmers, but it would still be damaging as evertone would buy their d bones from the store.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

you wan't to WHAT?!?! are you kidding? put bones in stores?? that is in sane because of the macroer problem there would be macroers every where and real life people wouldn't get one measly piece of pixel marrow.

mellowsiggyacopyck7.jpg

foofoomagoo~no i meant money drain through the shop, the doubling prayer xp is just an additional suggestion, 2 suggestions, and fine, no dragon bones or something

rayoxide~well no monkey or burnt bones just cuz theyre not as easy to get in f2p anyways, so why bother making them for sale, iunno i guess monkey bones would be fine too

darkblade986~lol about the monkey bones, ya thats what i meant

-about that 10m doubling thing, heres ur explanation, the doubling bone xp fixes that problem

1)before update, lets say it takes 30 hours, 5 mil gp for 2 mil xp

2)after update, in 30 hours u would spend 5 mil(because u can afford just as many bones), and u would get 4 mil xp since all bone xp is doubled

-but for those who already had xp, u use the same numbers but its now 4 mil xp, and for the "after" numbers, they would also be all the same except u would also be gettin 4 mil xp

-if u dont get that, im sorry but its too hard to explain, just trust me, it would work-try askin other ppl

and by making all bone prices as they are now in the market, no1 would be getting ahead, it would cost just as much and take just as long to bury

swordwindtrtrtrt~how would this damage the economy, just cuz the suggestion involves money doesnt mean the economy would crash, alll bone prices will be the same as they are in the market-if u dont understand how the economy wouldnt crash, well im sorry ur helpless-or ask sum1 else who does get it

flamebade~uhh i want to have a bone store? last time i checked, bones werent stackable, and did i ever say make dbones 10 gp each? i obviously mean for them to be equivalent to current market prices, if a macro buys them, then hes just buying them for how much ppl would normally sell for, no dif.

thx for posting every1, sry if some of these ideas are a bit too hard to grasp, and plz dont go crazy and sayin how the economy will crash, cuz it wont, if ur under 10 then dont even bother arguing with me, plz give me some logical reasonings for what u guys flame me about

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

Exactly Lord. Monkey Bones are on Karamaja.

alrite, well then have a lower stock for em, like have the stock correspond to roughly how easily they can be obtained in current market

like maybe have 100 burnt bones at the most, 500 monkey, 1k of other kinds, maybe 500 of dragon

When somebody kills a dragon and get a dragon bone, they aren't bringing in 1.5k that the bone costs. They sell it to somebody else who pays them. But the money they pay for the dragonbone isn't just created, they got it somewhere.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense.. but you're so so wrong on many points.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

When somebody kills a dragon and get a dragon bone, they aren't bringing in 1.5k that the bone costs. They sell it to somebody else who pays them. But the money they pay for the dragonbone isn't just created, they got it somewhere.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense.. but you're so so wrong on many points.

lol ya i noticed that a while back.. what mainly brings money in is alching(ppl alch thousands upon thousands of bows and plates) and also ppl sell to stores

ill fix this, was just too lazy to do it when i discovered this, most ppl arent that smart so they let it go thinking they just dont get it

plz, u said i had many errors in my logic, tell me all of them, gotta fix that stuff

Just like to ask? Why should the prayer experience be doubled?

I think I know the answer, you want 99 prayer easier.

On your second suggestion, to money drain, RuneScape is already keeping the balance with maximum amount of money in the game. Lots of people die, with no-one to pick it up, which causes money to be lost throughout the game.

Your third suggestion is not bad, Maybe the bone store could be in the Rag & Bone Man Quest Start place, But bones, are off coming from creatures.

Also, check up on your punctuation and grammar and spelling, It was rather difficult to read, and burnt bones are rare? I didn't know that.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

500 Dragon bones? Way too many. Don't sell burnt bones, they're not rare, and It might make scamming easier.

Maybe 20 Dragon bones? Spawn per 30 sec?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

thruitall~lol my highest stat is 81, i dont think 99 prayer is exactly possible for me..

-its just lvling will be overall easier, i read somewhere that prayer was the last skill for someone to hit 99 with, any other skill u can get more than 5 xp per usage..

dude, dying when no1 picks up is such a tiny bit of money draining...and that money maximum is nothing, how many ppl do u think have ever hit it, for that matter, how many ppl do u think even have 100M?

third suggestion? i think i only had 2, but i meant bone store like an arrow store, not very just some questers, for quest ppl only wouldnt drain money enough

ehh grammer w.e, if i get a lot more complaints then ill change it

-burnt bones arent rare, they're just more difficult to get

rayoxide~ya i just kinda threw those numbers out there, if i see this thread gets more support then i might start thinking of some good numbers for bone count, btw 20 dragon bones is way too few, wouldnt drain money fast enuogh and no1 would buy since there's like no point

darkpoop0~i counted, there will be about 2.8k ppl total with 99 prayer if we doubled xp, even then, it would still be one of the lowest ranked skills, even hunter has more ppl in 99 and prayers been around forever

vesuvius27~u dont make sense.. u say its a money drain for a reason-wth does that mean, thats like pointing at a cow and saying, thats a cow for a reason, ur just stating...nothing

-and "you train it with the money you gain from other skills", ok u really dont make sense, if u want to counter me in this suggestion, plz put only statements that make any sense at all or just be quiet

vesuvius27~u dont make sense.. u say its a money drain for a reason-wth does that mean, thats like pointing at a cow and saying, thats a cow for a reason, ur just stating...nothing

-and "you train it with the money you gain from other skills", ok u really dont make sense, if u want to counter me in this suggestion, plz put only statements that make any sense at all or just be quiet

I think what he's saying is that you use money to buy bones from other players, thus spending money, and thus it is a money drain. Sure, sure, it drains YOUR money, but that money goes to someone else. It doesn't drain from the economy, it just goes somewhere else in it. So right now, it really ISN'T a money drain.

I like your store idea, but I think the reason that they don't have a bone store already in the game, is that they maybe WANT prayer to be hard to level. Plus, I see all sorts of players, that take the items that monsters drop, but leave the coins and bones (depending on the amount of coins dropped). So would it even be a popular spot (the store that is)? Who knows. I try and bury ANY bones I see laying around, so if I had a few extra gp, I may use it.

As for the doubling already gained xp, I would have to say no, no, no. Leave the xp the way it is. It takes a long time to level up prayer, but that's the way it is. Makes 99 a bit more of a challenge, amongst a bunch of skills that are easy to get 99 in.

Lion+O+1.png

kelbri~ya to that first paragraph u had there, like u said, it isnt really a money drain, sum1 else mentioned that already, it just moves it around

the reason ppl dont pick up bones is ppl usually have to get into the mood for certain skilling, like to save time, ppl should chop willows then burn em, but its mentally easier to bank ur wilows, and burn em all at once later

ppl dont pick up the bones bceaue theyre in the mood for mellee lvling and feel picking up the bones would slow em down

-although ppl DO want the prayer xp cuz later they might go burn a few mil on d bones or something

ya i know its a bit of a challenge, but even with doubling xp, it would still be hard, ive counted that only 2.8k players would hit 99 prayer, thats even less than the new hunter skill

• 4 weeks later...