LOTRO anyone playing it, if so read :)

Lightning

Hiya all.

I want to know and see who plays LOTRO, for those that don't know what lotro is, it is Lord of the Rings Online game.

http://www.lotro-europe.com/index.php

Tip.it are having two official server for our users though it maybe more laters. currently our two are Snowbourn and Moneldor.

I would like to know what servers you play on and what chars etc etc.

I'm currently on snowbourn server, under the name of Quo, i'm a minstrel (healer) for those that don't know what they do :) i'm currently lvl 23 slowly rising.

It looks fun, actually. I was debating to buy it or not, I'll just look at your link and update this post :wink:

Edit: Man. It's for Vista, I only have the regular ol' IE7 on my computer. My grandparents' computer have Vista on their computer, but I'm sure they wouldn't let me take over that computer. :(.

Wahey! Thought I was the only one :)

I'm on Snowbourn as well, level 26 hunter named Ozymandias.

Loving it so far, great sense of community and gameplay.

Edit: Man. It's for Vista, I only have the regular ol' IE7 on my computer. My grandparents' computer have Vista on their computer, but I'm sure they wouldn't let me take over that computer. :(.

I don't think it's exclusively for Vista, well I play it and i'm only running XP.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Snowbourn is like english/europe server

Moneldor is for like USA etc

Its about the same price of membership as WoW. You ge a month free when you buy it, (that is if you buy the standard game pack)

If you know someone that brought Lotro, then you maybe able to twist their arm in letting you have the guest pass for 7 days ;)

Between WoW and Lotro, I prefer LOTRO but then im not really a pker. I guess i could say the game is more Quest based and they are fun to do with fellowship or kingship. I haven't met one player yet that i could say i won't play with, they all seem extremely nice there and helpful if you get stuck on a quest or anything else for that matter.

I would say if you unsure if you want to buy it, then visit that link in my first post on this topic and take a good look.

It looks fun, actually. I was debating to buy it or not, I'll just look at your link and update this post :wink:

Not sure what you mean there hun. I am on xp pro and IE7 and firefox. Main problem with the game is your machine requirements. When they say minium requirements they mean that ;) I had to get extra memory stick for my machine to play it, I'm currently on xp3200, rad 9200 graphics, 1 gig memory.

Not sure what you mean there hun. I am on xp pro and IE7 and firefox. Main problem with the game is your machine requirements. When they say minium requirements they mean that ;) I had to get extra memory stick for my machine to play it, I'm currently on xp3200, rad 9200 graphics, 1 gig memory.

I'm saying that I don't have Windows Vista on my computer. <.<

thinking about trying this, but my husband is tryng toget hold of a us copy(and in u.k) so we can play with his friends

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

I'm saying that I don't have Windows Vista on my computer. <.<

And lightning is saying that it is not required. Look at Lightning's computer's specs are.

I played it during beta, and I would've loved to continue, only I've decided not to go back into that kind of thing again. I do recommend it to anyone into LOTR and MMORPGs. It's a decent alternative to WoW, it all depends on the raiding and other end-game experiences which I haven't tried out in LOTRO

korla3eaqd3.jpg

im geting the game to day can someone add me and tell me about it~zero 6456

so is there a free world to like rs? and how much does membership cost?

cost about the same so its $15 a month. no free servers, oly p2p

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

well thats stupid...

lol and btw $9.99 i looked it up :XD:

what should i make my person as

man, elfs,hobin, or drawf

and what class should i make him?

Actually, after searching for a bit, i found it to be about the same price as WoW

http://www.lotro.com/index.php?page_id=126&siid=29

BTW, at about 1$ onto that and thats canadian.

still might try it, but not now. I'll wait till summer.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

lol and btw $9.99 i looked it up :XD:

Well I was checking wikipedia and it says...

Those who pre-ordered before the official launch on April 24th were also offered a special founding member offer (lifetime subscription for $199 USD or reduced cost of $9.99 USD per month), ...... Those who purchased the game after the release pay a standard $14.99 per month charge
sig2ho7.jpg

If you on snowbourn server

which is the one i use and you want some help to do some quests you can't handle (this is mainly to new users to the game or under/same lvl as me) add me and send me a tell, if you say *HYT* then i know you from here and basically give me a shout and if i'm not in a fellowship/or in a quest myself , i will come and give you a hand. I ave loads of deeds in the lower areas of lotro to finished :) So be a excuse for me to return tot hose areas.

Username Quo

The only thing putting me off is the prospect of the community. It may be naive of me to say this, but encountering LOTR fan boys and 8 year old elves is really, really not my cuppa tea. :(

Yeah I thought the same, but the community is actually fantastic, generally very mature, friendly and just willing for a chat and a bit of fun.

I think the fanboy element is probably concentrated on the RP servers.

And I'd like to add to what Lightning said as well, if anyone is looking for some help getting started or even with some later quests (lvl 28 atm) then give 'Ozymandias' (me) a tell and i'll be more than willing. :)

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

that game is a flippin scam....

someone is making 27m per month and i know its not me...

Is it because your mom said she wouldn't let you use her credit card?

no lol number one im 32

number 2 my moms dead

number 3 i dont like LotR

that game is a flippin scam....

someone is making 27m per month and i know its not me...

Is it because your mom said she wouldn't let you use her credit card?

no lol number one im 32

number 2 my moms dead

number 3 i dont like LotR

Obviously its not so much a scam as you just dont like the theme of the game.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

hmm my husband and kids love this game, now they have gave it a try.

i myself am still into eq2, so i can't see myself playing it too much.

i love the home spell tho, and the graphics are ammazing

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D