~Delete The "Obstacles" Part of the Duel Arena~

Our_Moon

~As you may or may not know, there's an option of turning "Obstacles" On/Off in the Duel Arena. With it Off, there's a simple, flat space for Duels to take place. With it On, there are (who could guess...) Obstacles!~

~Dueling with Obstacles leads to three terrible points:~

-Unfair Stakes - where one player hides and can attack the other player, whereas they cannot attack back

-X-Logging - Logging Out while the Duel is in effect by clicking the "X" in the upper-right-hand corner of your browser

-Cheating - tricking other Players to Duel you by saying things like "I'm only Level 60, you're Level 80! 2x Me!" (Little do you know, being the Level 80, that the Level 60 has an aptitude at cheating by hiding behind obstacles, and 99 Magic.)

~All in all, winning a Stake with "Obstacles" on only states that you are a better cheater, which is nothing to boast about.~

Our_Moon.png

~As you may or may not know, there's an option of turning "Obstacles" On/Off in the Duel Arena. With it Off, there's a simple, flat space for Duels to take place. With it On, there are (who could guess...) Obstacles!~

-Unfair Stakes - where one player hides and can attack the other player, whereas they cannot attack back

-X-Logging - Logging Out while the Duel is in effect by clicking the "X" in the upper-right-hand corner of your browser

-Cheating - tricking other Players to Duel you by saying things like "I'm only Level 60, you're Level 80! 2x Me!" (Little do you know, being the Level 80, that the Level 60 has an aptitude at cheating by hiding behind obstacles, and 99 Magic.)

~All in all, winning a Stake with "Obstacles" on only states that you are a better cheater, which is nothing to boast about.~

So, there's no need to delete it. If you don't like obstacles, turn them off. There are some people that like more of a challenge.

No support.

tankmz6.jpg

~Tell me, honestly, have you ever seen a *FAIR* Obstacles-On Stake?~

~No, that's what i thought.~

That's funny, I answered your question without even moving my mouth. I've never seen any duel match. So don't talk like that.

And anyway, with this suggestion you are removing people's freedom. Call me weird, but I'm getting a deja-vu of my Modern World History lesson...

As I said, there's an option to have it off. Thus, it suits everybody. JaGEx are not going to implement something they know will annoy lots of people. If you don't like obstacles, you don't have to have them.

And please stop writing everything between the ~'s. It doesn't make you look cool, nor clever.

tankmz6.jpg

The obstacles are just there for ranges and mages to advantage themselves. This stops melee being constantly overpowered.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

~Go to World 18 or 22. Say "Mage-Staking 100k - Obstacles On." Fight the Duel. I guarantee you'll lose~

What's that got to do with anything? It proves nothing about your point what so ever... If your saying Obstacles on the other person is obviously going to be prepared which means that's it's going to be a fair fight... They may just be better at using obstacles

smudgerequestredbluesigxs5.png

Check out my blog here!

Thanks Jopie211 for the sig

~Go to World 18 or 22. Say "Mage-Staking 100k - Obstacles On." Fight the Duel. I guarantee you'll lose~

That makes no sense.

What if you see somebody else saying that, do you automatically win? :-s

It's part of their strategy. If you think it's cheating, turn it off.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

Locked on author's request (and it's very spammy/flamy, so probably would have gotten locked anyway).

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog