Public Nudity

I think we need to deconstruct these stereotypes of men who care exclusively about bangin'; clearly they are untrue.

Maybe in your experience. Believe me, I've heard quite a few shallow conversations that ring true the "untrue" stereotype. I also go to a University, mind you, not a liberal arts one.

Guys can be pervy and girls can be pervy, but neither is completely incapable of separating themselves from sexual obsession. Men and women alike are able to have a good time and not think about sex constantly.

Do you think walking around naked contributes to or prohibits sexual thought?

summerpngwy6.jpg

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys can be pervy and girls can be pervy, but neither is completely incapable of separating themselves from sexual obsession. Men and women alike are able to have a good time and not think about sex constantly.

Do you think walking around naked contributes to prohibits sexual thought?

I don't think it necessarily does either. I think it can and should be neutral in that respect :)

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

I couldn't agree more. A college male isn't going to go to those parties without wanting to go there for a perv, especially considering most of them would be full of alcohol as well. I believe Mad is just saying that for her own self, so she can justify her actions in her mind. Not that I'm condoning her actions for going to those parties or anything like that in this post, I'm just stating when Mad was previously posting she wrote how it was one of the most non-sexual/lustful orientated parties around (or along those lines) - I find that extremely naive on her behalf.

Just shows how much more different males are too females, especially in the way they think and what they think about. :wink:

See, I really just don't think that's true. I'm pretty honest and open with my male friends, and they had the same impressions of the naked party that I did.

Guys can be pervy and girls can be pervy, but neither is completely incapable of separating themselves from sexual obsession. Men and women alike are able to have a good time and not think about sex constantly. I think we need to deconstruct these stereotypes of men who care exclusively about bangin'; clearly they are untrue.

I would agree with you in that case if you weren't walking around naked. You don't realize being a female, that any young adult male walking around next to good looking naked felmales aren't going to be raging with hormones, and therefore thinking lustful thoughts. Males don't operate like females in that respect. I can understand that you may not be having sexual, lustful thoughts, but any male over the age of 16 would be no matter how much they say they aren't.

no one is right in saying either public nudity is bad or alright just be considerate about how the people around you will think about it.

So why is it O.K. in poorer countries, but in "enlightened", "modern" and "western" societies it's considered a crime?

Why in some of those poor African countries is it the norm for their Tyrant of a dictator to chop off peoples hands and murder people for thier land, and it is such an outrage to us?

I really can't understand how you compare those two things... -.- Like an american comparing robbery to public breastfeeding (which happens)...

Does nudity kill or harm people in those countries? .. (Tyrants and dictators exist and have existed everywhere, in Europe, Asia, Africa... It has nothing to do with the culture of the country, it has everything to do with the financial situation and poverty of the country)

So why is it O.K. in poorer countries, but in "enlightened", "modern" and "western" societies it's considered a crime?

In poorer countries people can't afford to buy clothing and they lead fairly unsanitary lives. I don't know about you, but I don't think it's very healthy to sit naked on a bench after someone else did it just before you; definitely some bacterial contamination there.

It's also how we apply modesty. Every culture values modesty, but their expressions/applications of it are different. In the West it so happens to be that walking around naked is considered immodest by most people. In this case I think it best that the government side with that which will bug the least number of people - making public nudity illegal, that way no one gets offended. No one would get offended at someone walking around clothed in public, but people would get offended at someone walking around naked.

I guess the question is asking more about if people *should* get offended at public nudity. And I guess that answer is relative, making it a moot point for objective discussion at least. Just like some people are offended at farting in public for instance; it's all a matter of if you want to be courteous to people around you, so I guess if you want to be courteous, clothe yourself.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I would agree with you in that case if you weren't walking around naked. You don't realize being a female, that any young adult male walking around next to good looking naked felmales aren't going to be raging with hormones, and therefore thinking lustful thoughts. Males don't operate like females in that respect. I can understand that you may not be having sexual, lustful thoughts, but any male over the age of 16 would be no matter how much they say they aren't.

I'll ask you the same question as I asked MPC a few pages back then; Have you actually been naked in a room with both males and females?

Nudity in itself has nothing to do with sex; Context is everything.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

I don't think it's very healthy to sit naked on a bench after someone else did it just before you; definitely some bacterial contamination there.

As unhealthy as touching a door handle. As unhealthy as using a computer mouse at a public library. As unhealthy as shaking hands.

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell,

The reason why I cannot tell;

But this I know, and know full well,

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell.

I'll ask you the same question as I asked MPC a few pages back then; Have you actually been naked in a room with both males and females?

Context is everything, context is EVERYTHING! Oh please, you honestly think college guys are going to go into a room full of naked good looking chicks for the sole purpose of just feeling free, that their naked themselves?! You're kidding me! :roll:

Context is everything, context is EVERYTHING! Oh please, you honestly think college guys are going to go into a room full of naked good looking chicks for the sole purpose of just feeling free, that their naked themselves?! You're kidding me! :roll:

So you havn't actually tried it, but assume - not based on past experience's of the event in question, but on your idea of how much a male thinks about sex, which are far more likely to be based on culture rather than science - how it would work out?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

So you havn't actually tried it, but assume - not based on past experience's of the event in question, but on your idea of how much a male thinks about sex, which are far more likely to be based on culture rather than science - how it would work out?

May I ask if you're a male and how old you are? Secondly what does science have to do with it? And are you forgetting these people would be under the influence of alcohol at these parties. People's personalities and perceptions of others don't get better and more civilized under alcohol but rather the contrary. :wink:

I don't think it's very healthy to sit naked on a bench after someone else did it just before you; definitely some bacterial contamination there.

As unhealthy as touching a door handle. As unhealthy as using a computer mouse at a public library. As unhealthy as shaking hands.

I doubt it. Excrement doesn't come out of people's hands you know.

summerpngwy6.jpg

You'd actually be suprised at the level of excrement that studies have found on keyboards, mice, door handles and such. Just because it doesn't come out of their hands does not mean that there still isn't trace elements, even if they do wash their hands.

You'd be living in a dream world if you think everything is sterile.

You'd actually be suprised at the level of excrement that studies have found on keyboards, mice, door handles and such. Just because it doesn't come out of their hands does not mean that there still isn't trace elements, even if they do wash their hands.

I wouldn't be surprised, I've heard about such studies. But I would be surprised if sitting naked on a bench after someone else did the very same was just as unhealthy as typing.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised, I've heard about such studies. But I would be surprised if sitting naked on a bench after someone else did the very same was just as unhealthy as typing.

Yes but the sand may be sticky... :anxious:
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Probably actually. I've never thought of it before. But I doubt really they would think sexual thoughts as much because they are also men in that room. (unless thier homosexuals :roll:).

Besides, if you have no experience of the situation. Then don't comment on it.

Probably actually. I've never thought of it before. But I doubt really they would think sexual thoughts as much because they are also men in that room. (unless thier homosexuals :roll:).

Who's to say you're looking at the men? I would personally ignore them (which would be pretty easy considering my attention would be focused on the girls.. Actually my attention is almost always focused on girls :-k )

Yes.. We've all sat naked in a room full of other naked people :roll:

May I ask if you're a male and how old you are? Secondly what does science have to do with it? And are you forgetting these people would be under the influence of alcohol at these parties. People's personalities and perceptions of others don't get better and more civilized under alcohol but rather the contrary. :wink:

1) I suppose he can answer that one.

2) lets see... the biological behaviour of humans. That's no way at all related to science whatsoever. :roll:.

3) So now after 1 drink you become drunk and lose all control over your thoughts? NO. Besides, it's not like they have to drink alcohol. Some might not.

Who's to say you're looking at the men? I would personally ignore them (which would be pretty easy considering my attention would be focused on the girls.. Actually my attention is almost always focused on girls :-k )

meh, I was just saying how they don't actually go to these things for the women. Just about feeling free.

Well, that would be me. But others. Who knows?

Yes.. We've all sat naked in a room full of other naked people :roll:

:lol: I never said that. i was pointing out that we really shoudln't be talking about it if we have never had the experience. That INCLUDES me by the way.

But bacteria congregates there, and you said bacterial contamination.

Shopping cart handles have more bacteria than public toilets

The key offenders are telephones, which harbour up to 25,127 microbes per square inch, keyboards 3,295 and computer mice 1,676.

By contrast, the average toilet seat contains 49 microbes per square inch, the survey showed.

We consulted with a microbiologist from the University of Arizona at Tucson to get the truth about germs in the workplace. Dr. Charles P. Gerba, a nationally known expert on household microbes and intestinal diseases, is one of the first microbiologists to intensely study bacteria counts in the workplace.

Gerba explains that contrary to popular belief, most office spaces and items, like desks and phones, end up having more bacteria than the average office toilet seat. In past studies, he has found that the average desk harbors 400 times more bacteria than the average toilet seat.

Sitting naked on a bench would pose no more bacterial threat than using a shopping cart, computer mouse, door handle, shaking hands, etc. Places frequented by naked bottoms harbour less bacteria than places frequented by naked hands.

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell,

The reason why I cannot tell;

But this I know, and know full well,

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell.

I think that's a bit naive to say. You (not specifically you, anyone) would definitely be checking out some of the dongs that were swinging around. Just human curiosity.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

But bacteria congregates there, and you said bacterial contamination.

Shopping cart handles have more bacteria than public toilets

The key offenders are telephones, which harbour up to 25,127 microbes per square inch, keyboards 3,295 and computer mice 1,676.

By contrast, the average toilet seat contains 49 microbes per square inch, the survey showed.

We consulted with a microbiologist from the University of Arizona at Tucson to get the truth about germs in the workplace. Dr. Charles P. Gerba, a nationally known expert on household microbes and intestinal diseases, is one of the first microbiologists to intensely study bacteria counts in the workplace.

Gerba explains that contrary to popular belief, most office spaces and items, like desks and phones, end up having more bacteria than the average office toilet seat. In past studies, he has found that the average desk harbors 400 times more bacteria than the average toilet seat.

Sitting naked on a bench would pose no more bacterial threat than using a shopping cart, computer mouse, door handle, shaking hands, etc. Places frequented by naked bottoms harbour less bacteria than places frequented by naked hands.

Eh, stole my post. :P

1) I suppose he can answer that one.

2) lets see... the biological behaviour of humans. That's no way at all related to science whatsoever. :roll:.

3) So now after 1 drink you become drunk and lose all control over your thoughts? NO. Besides, it's not like they have to drink alcohol. Some might not.

You're an naive pre-pubesent child! Seriously how old are you? Do you have half a brain at least? After answering my previous questions answer this please. Do you honestly think any college male going to a naked party (or any college party like that) would be drinking more than 1 drink? The majority would be drinking a lot more than that, and considering we were talking about the attitude of the males at the party that no one would be thinking lustful thoughts it would only have to be 1 person drinking and not thinking civilized. I know perfectly well what happens when males are around other naked people particularly females, and having other males around wouldn't stop anyone from having those types of thoughts.

I think that's a bit naive to say. You (not specifically you, anyone) would definitely be checking out some of the dongs that were swinging around. Just human curiosity.

In all honesty, if you took away the attraction factor, I'd probably be more interested in the dongs.

DG, why are you so focused on girls in that manner? You really do seem like a twelve year old sometimes.

That is just STRANGE, what kind of college do you go to?
I'm fairly certain it's Weslan or something like that - I never really paid attention to the name much :P

Wesleyan University :P It's a liberal arts college, so that's what we do with our spare time... :P

Bet some pervs are gonna see this and just go there for that reason :P

I know what college I'm going to now! :thumbsup:

Lol

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~