Jard Y Dooku's NEW Ultimate Monster Examine Guide v3.0

Jard_Y_Dooku

Thanks, but I don't think a challange scroll rate is 1/5000. If this is true, I won't try it. Whats the reward for owning a champion?

I heard you get slayer bonus...

Oh and...100th Post :D

Gimme a cookie!!! :lol:

The rewards are pretty horrible, you get Hitpoints XP and Slayer XP equal to four times the monster's hitpoints - which, as you can guess, isn't that great seeing as none of them have more than 148 HP. The rewards used to be 40 times the monster's HP... now it's only 4. I'll never know why they downgraded it, seeing as you can only kill each of them once and they're so hard to get as it is.

By the way, due to the fact that all Champions' Challenge monsters give a HP/Slayer reward of 4 times their HP, I've been able to find out the HP levels of all the Champions by looking at screenshots of the reward screen other players have gotten after defeating them. I also verified this by watching tons of Champion defeat videos on YouTube, and all the HP values worked out fine, albeit occasionally being a bit higher due to healing, but that's to be expected. I have their HP levels listed on my Bestiary so if you'd like to know what they are, click here: http://www.runeuniverse.us/npc.ws?keywords=Champions%27+Challenge&fields=0&lvlmin=&lvlmax=&race=0&slayertask=0&type=Search

By the way, don't take the Champions' max hits for granted, they're only my best guess!

Absolutely amazing thing you got here... I've been using it for a while but never got around to saying thanks... so thanks!

Good luck on those last monsters too.

Great to hear you make use of it, and thanks!

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really like to see Tip.It do this, as this would prove to users that they are seeing the correct HP. I've been meaning to implement this on my website, too... it's not 100% functional yet as I don't really have time but it looks pretty cool.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

1. Added Elvarg (level-83)
  2. Added Tolna (level-46)
  3. Confusion beast (level-43) previously unknown!
  4. Fear reaper (level-42) previously unknown!
  5. Hopeless creature (level-40) previously unknown!
  6. Added Delrith (level-27)
  7. Added Mourner (level-13)

NOTE: I had overlooked the existence of the monsters marked "previously unknown". There are monsters with different levels available for combat after the completion of A Soul's Bane - this caused me to forget the monsters in the quest! Ah well, they're on here now. And sadly (contrary to the above 3), the Anger monsters in the quest are not scannable, so...

1. Added Angry giant rat (level-45) to the unscannable monsters list
  2. Added Angry goblin (level-45) to the unscannable monsters list
  3. Added Angry unicorn (level-45) to the unscannable monsters list
  4. Added Angry bear (level-40) to the unscannable monsters list

• 2 weeks later...
wow nice guide o,O but i always thought jad could hit 99 :P guess 98 and 99 hpers are "safe" against him 8-)

Jads mele attack is 97 his magic and range max hit is higher.

No, all his attacks max out at 97.

Congratulations, Corporeal Beast, on becoming the new highest level NPC in RuneScape! We welcome you... and your loot.

Monday, September 15, 2008

1. Added Corporeal Beast (level-785)

• 1 month later...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

1. Added Clay familiar (class 1) (level-25)
  2. Added Clay familiar (class 2) (level-37)
  3. Added Clay familiar (class 3) (level-58)
  4. Added Clay familiar (class 4) (level-93)
  5. Added Clay familiar (class 5) (level-139)

Thursday, November 13, 2008

1. Added Ungadulu (level-169)

I originally had "Level 169 Ungadulu (Possessed version) reverts to lvl 70 too quickly if you're an observing player." in my notes. It turns out that it does that no matter who you are. I was about to grab 200 monster examines and try to click very fast until I eventually got it (which is almost humanly impossible), but I accidentally found that if you try to attack the level 70 Ungadulu from the SOUTH-WEST CORNER of the octagon BEFORE you get the holy water to douse the flames (I haven't checked if this still works after that), Ungadulu will switch to his level 169 form and toss you backwards - and he'll stay there for around 30 seconds, giving you plenty of time to cast monster examine, get his examine text, and a nice photo before he reverts to his level 70 form. Excellent!

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday, November 27, 2008

1. Added Turkey (level-5)
  2. Added Shady stranger (level-30)
  3. Added Assassin (level-38)
  4. Added Suspicious outsider (level-50)
  5. Added Undead troll (level-74)
  6. Added Elite Dark Mage (level-79)
  7. Added Elite Dark Ranger (level-79)
  8. Added Elite Khazard guard (level-95)
  9. Added Undead troll (level-100)
  10. Added Elite Dark Warrior (level-122)
  11. Added Undead troll (level-125)
  12. Added Elite Black Knight (level-138)
  13. Added Tormented demon (level-450)
  14. Added Balance Elemental (level-454)

Due to the incredible nature of today's quest, I am sorry to say that my list of added monsters is not complete. Partially due to technical limitations, partially due to my own incompetence, here are details on scans that could not be obtained:

1. Use runes on door.. it varies (elemental/mind/body). The door will fire a blast spell at you if you have picked the incorrect rune: look closely at the spell as it signifies the rune you need to unlock the door. After the door has a rune in the center, search the door again and you will find a trap that you may choose to attempt to disarm. If you succeed you can open the door without harm. If you open the door without searching for traps, it hits you hard (35) and poisons you. Three guards appear as soon as you use runes on door. If you fail disarming the trap likely the same thing will happen.

First, I never got any guards. Second, what guards do they even mean? The level 95 Elite Khazard guards? This needs investigation.

2. Mercenary axeman (level-88) + Mercenary mage (level-48) - These monsters get attacked during the cutscene in which they appear, so casting monster examine on them was too late. I tried to leave and go back but the mercenaries automatically died when I returned. This might be a bug. Investigation is needed.

3. Skeleton - ??? - These level 92 monsters with 70 hitpoints appear during the cutscene in which the heroes are killed. They only exist during the cutscene so Monster Examine is impossible. These'll go in the unscannables list. Unsure of name, though and will accept outside help on this one. ;)

4. Guardian of Armadyl (level-57) appeared in the final battle with the level 450 demons. I was too focused on the demons to scan them so I'll have to get it later. Here's a scan though... HP is WRONG.

temp_guardian_BAD.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday, December 21, 2008

1. Added High Priest of Scabaras (level-148)
  2. Updated High Priest of Scabaras (level-139)
  3. Updated High Priest of Scabaras (level-179)

All three are now immune to poison. I'd initially missed the first one, and just got an opportunity to scan it tonight, so there it is. I'd been suspecting for a while that I missed one from there, but I couldn't be sure. The level 179 is melee, the level 148 also seems to be melee. The level 139 is ranged. Apparently there's a level 139 mage but I have not seen it... could be a mistake, but I'll keep note of this for the future.

I also have some bad news. The Champions' Challenge arena is single-player only, like the Fight Caves. You cannot see other players down there, so obviously this means scanning another player's Ghoul or Leon d'Cour is impossible with their rules of weapons-only and no inventory, respectively. I'm not adding them to the unscannables list just yet... for Ghoul, runes may be considered "weapons". It doesn't look bright for Leon though, but maybe there'll be a new staff released that allows runes to be put on it in the future. I won't be getting his scroll any time soon so I don't think we need to worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...