Jard Y Dooku's NEW Ultimate Monster Examine Guide v3.0

Jard_Y_Dooku

Sweet. Saw you today, thanks for the info on the new scarabs inside of the new pyramid, (they count for scarabite tasks X \' )

Zekei1.png

99 Slayer... Never gonna trim you up.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

[hide=Slayering Time]Zekei1.png[/hide]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I took so long... I have a nice batch for you today.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

1. Added Angry juvinate (level-130)
  2. Added Held vampyre juvinate (level-119)
  3. Added Angry juvinate (level-100)
  4. Added Held vampyre juvinate (level-90)
  5. Added Tumeken's shadow (level-72)
  6. Added Angry juvinate (level-70)
  7. Added Tumeken's shadow (level-64)
  8. Added Held vampyre juvinate (level-59)
  9. Added Tumeken's shadow (level-55)
  10. Added Tumeken's shadow (level-50)
  11. Added Golem guard (level-47)
  12. Added Bandit looter (level-41)
  13. Added Skeleton looter (level-41)
  14. Added Small scarab (level-41)
  15. Added Tumeken's shadow (level-41)

Some notes: First of all, in my update posts I'm now putting links to the most recently added monster scans as you can see. This will allow you to save time and not have to navigate the entire guide (it loads slow on Tip.It's servers, I know) to have a look at the newbies. If I feel like it, I may even update the old posts although I don't know how much use it would be... unless I format the news posts differently, and make an automatic code generator... hmm... *considers the idea*.

Anyways, the first 9 monsters are from today's quest. Nothing that special about them, although the quest was somewhat interesting.

As the previous post mentions, the scarabs do count for scabarite Slayer tasks, AND there is a HUGE multicombat dungeon crawling with around 100 of them (I'm assuming a cannon can be used) if you slip through a hole in the Pyramid's lower cavern east tunnel.

The next 3 "Held vampyre juvinate" monsters are the result of using the Rod of Ivandis's special attack on a "Juvinate" in Temple Trekking. They have the same stats as the Juvinates and are mostly pointless to post on the guide... but for completeness' sake I did. Note that although the Juvinates and Held vampyre juvinates of the same level have the same HP, you can only get them in that state after you've gotten a Juvinate to 50% HP (the resulting Held vampyre juvinate's HP will be equal). So you have to wait for them to heal ALL the way before scanning them (though they do heal fast).

Lastly, the Angry juvinates are entirely different monsters which are one of the results of using a Guthix balance potion on a Held vampyre juvinate. I'd simply forgotten them from earlier, so here they are now.

Now all I have left for the guide is a few Champions' Challenge monsters (I completed the mini-game myself, so I need YOUR help on this!) and some While Guthix Sleeps monsters. The latter may take a while, but all in due time... for now, enjoy the additions to the guide! I have a Website Updates & Corrections forum to visit...

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• 3 weeks later...

Thursday, June 04, 2009 (thanks to Sumondskull6!)

1. Confirmed Goblin Champion (level-24)
  2. Added Mercenary axeman (level-88)
  3. Added Ghoul Champion (level-85)
  4. Added Guardian of Armadyl (level-57)
  5. Added Shady stranger (level-50)
  6. Added Mercenary mage (level-48)
  7. Renamed Hobgoblin (level-54) to Hobgoblin (POH) (level-54)
  8. Renamed Kolodion (level-112) to Kolodion (5th form) (level-112)
  9. Renamed Tok-Xil (level-135) to Tok-Xil (POH) (level-135)
  10. Renamed Dagannoth (level-135) to Dagannoth (POH) (level-135)
  11. Renamed-all Spiritual warrior/ranger/mage (level-###) to Spiritual warrior/ranger/mage (GOD) (level-###)
  12. Removed Drunken dwarf from the unscannables list - could never TRULY be fought and thus didn't belong there

A most delectable update. The Mercenary mage, Mercenary axeman and Guardian of Armadyl are from While Guthix Sleeps. I failed to obtain those particular scans last year, but here they are now. I added the Shady stranger (level 50) from Draynor... this one may be new or may have been missed. The ones I had before were Shady stranger (level 30) and Suspicious outsider (level 50). Also, the various renames were made not only for clarity and consistency but for technical reasons related to the upcoming Section 5... which in itself may become something even bigger at a later date. I've also got another idea for the guide, called codename CAT (this is actually a note to myself so I don't actually forget what it is).

Well... now there is only ONE SINGLE SCAN to go until my guide is 100% completed. This evasive monster, whom I never expected to be the last in... is the Imp Champion. I'd thought about this a lot; I always thought it would be Leon d'Cour or Viyeldi. The guide is quite literally over 99.9% complete. I'm very glad we are so close.

PS - The three guards from WGS I posted about earlier turned out to be the level 95 Elite Khazard guards as I expected. The "Skeleton" from the cutscene was an Undead hero (level-92) with 70 HP. This is only a cutscene monster and has no place in the guide though as it can't be fought or accessed in any way. Just thought I'd mention it since I did earlier.

There are three versions of the 'ghostly' version of the Corporeal beast, and I also suspect that the Tormented demons you fight when you get that 255 stat boost are not the same as the ones you fight after the quest(You don't need a darklight, and I've found two different versions in the cache).

There are three versions of the 'ghostly' version of the Corporeal beast, and I also suspect that the Tormented demons you fight when you get that 255 stat boost are not the same as the ones you fight after the quest(You don't need a darklight, and I've found two different versions in the cache).

Both Tormented Demons have exactly the same stats. Also, the only scannable and fightable Beast is the Corporeal beast itself.

660k to 99 def as I type this, I'll start hunting for the Imp scroll after that. Can you confirm that Imp Champion Scrolls are dropped by the Imp's in GWD?

Thanks a ton, Cameron, and yes the GWD imps drop the scroll.

660k to 99 def as I type this, I'll start hunting for the Imp scroll after that. Can you confirm that Imp Champion Scrolls are dropped by the Imp's in GWD?

Thanks a ton, Cameron, and yes the GWD imps drop the scroll.

I'll get to hunting ASAP then, Jake, can't wait to help finish the guide! ::'

Sumondskull6.png

Patch notes.
* Converted Barbarian Assault to use elemental and catalytic runes, similiar to the Fist of Guthix minigame.

I think it is now possible to scan the penance monsters :).

THANK you for this information, Bruno. I'll remember to investigate this tomorrow!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

1. Added Penance Queen (level-209)
  2. Added Penance Fighter (level-77)
  3. Added Penance Ranger (level-72)
  4. Added Penance Fighter (level-68)
  5. Added Penance Ranger (level-64)
  6. Added Queen spawn (level-63)
  7. Added Penance Fighter (level-61)
  8. Added Penance Ranger (level-57)
  9. Added Penance Fighter (level-56)
  10. Added Penance Ranger (level-51)
  11. Added Penance Fighter (level-47)
  12. Added Penance Ranger (level-43)
  13. Added Penance Fighter (level-42)
  14. Added Penance Ranger (level-38)
  15. Added Penance Fighter (level-37)
  16. Added Penance Fighter (level-32)
  17. Added Penance Ranger (level-32)
  18. Added Penance Fighter (level-30)
  19. Added Penance Ranger (level-25)
  20. Added Penance Ranger (level-21)

I had all the HPs, and around half of the max hits, correct. ;) I also added some code to automatically generate the links to the newest scans in my news posts... this will save a ton of time.

Wow amazing guide must have taken forever!

nosailing.png

Finally! Now STOP talking about it.

I don't even remotely like the idea of sailing as a skill either, it just seems like it would be really pointless. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Today sees RuneScape's first-ever monster with a combat level of 114!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

1. Added Aquanite (level-114)

I also fixed Arrav's scan since I captured it a bit too low so it was showing a black bar at the bottom.

Sorry about that. I'd changed around some of the internal coding of the site and apparently broke some things. This code was written from years ago and the bad coding continued to pile up and I haven't had time to fix it up with my current levels of experience. It should be working now, and would you mind removing the error messages from your post? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Took me a little longer to get everything for this update!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

1. Added Skeletal horror (level-320)
  2. Added Skeletal horror (level-260)
  3. Added Skeletal horror (level-180)
  4. Added Skeletal horror (level-100)
  5. Added Fenris wolf (level-64)
  6. Added Fox (level-57)

Saturday, August 15, 2009

1. Added Imp Champion (level-14)

The guide is now 100% complete!

I'd like to take this post to give a special thanks to Sumondskull6, without whom I would still be missing a few hundred monster examines. Enjoy the completed guide!!!