Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for GH:A the timing window is identical to GH3 EXCEPT that [garden tool]/POs which stop you from having the button held down for forever in advance, the actual timing window of the notes is the same.

It must be the highway speed then, I swear my rhythm keeps being thrown off. Anywhere that requires alt-strumming or even fast downstrumming completely screws me over. And like I said I was fine when I went back to GH3.

p2gq.jpg

Thanks for the speedy responses :mrgreen:

It's just that I'm so used to just "stretching" along the fretboard (as said before, I have a immensely larger than average hand dexterity) that between the Stratocaster and the Les Paul, I'm bound to be confused. Ah well, I'm a GH newbie anyways :mrgreen:

Thank you A Local Guy, N0M_AN0R, Darkdude and Saidin.

(By the way, I just -2 the whole Afterlife song on Rock Band with the STRATOCASTER :lol:)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Another possibility is just the shape of the neck. The Strat is much wider, and I think a bit thinner, than the Guitar Hero guitars. I also tend to shift to green rather than orange and I never do any special shifting for trills (I.E. playing B-O trills with my fore- and middle-fingers). Mainly to avoid being out of place, but mainly to strengthen my pinky for later.

And I'm assuming that friedmann is Runescapeloser :lol:

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

It's just that I'm so used to just "stretching" along the fretboard (as said before, I have a immensely larger than average hand dexterity) that between the Stratocaster and the Les Paul, I'm bound to be confused. Ah well, I'm a GH newbie anyways :mrgreen:

(By the way, I just -2 the whole Afterlife song on Rock Band with the STRATOCASTER :lol:)

on EXPERT?!? no way.

Tk5SF.png

I got GH:WT for XMas - Songs are great, am glad that Wii got a DLC! I am just using the drums a lot at the moment, I've done some songs for the guitar though. I am considering going back to using the GH3 guitar because tapping the purple notes is much easier and sometimes I rest my right hand on the fret board which breaks my streak because it triggers the tapping pad.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

^You can turn the touch pad off. Mine has been off since I got it, my dog hangs out in my basement and the hair sets the thing off every few seconds.

How does one turn it off? :)

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

^You can turn the touch pad off. Mine has been off since I got it, my dog hangs out in my basement and the hair sets the thing off every few seconds.

How does one turn it off? :)

its in the pause menu, or options on the main menu.

Tk5SF.png

on EXPERT?!? no way.

Of course! I tried playing on medium to complete all difficulties on the solo tour, and I did worse on easy and medium than on expert, lol :|

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

So after getting a little used to the Les Paul, I thought I'd give you guys an update.

My last song to complete before completing the game is Raining Blood, and I can't make it past Mosh 1...even WITH starpower. :(

So after getting a little used to the Les Paul, I thought I'd give you guys an update.

My last song to complete before completing the game is Raining Blood, and I can't make it past Mosh 1...even WITH starpower. :(

Practice the pattern while waiting for other songs to load,

o-b-y-r-b-y-r-g (generally sweeping across the 4 higher buttons, starting again at blue once you reach red)

and repeat. See how fast you can do that, and just keep at it.

Mosh 1 is probably the easiest part for me because of that :lol: , Though that is more of me not being very good at any other parts aside from that opening riff.

The best way I've heard of playing it is to keep practicing the notes in any pauses during songs (I.e. where the song is still playing, but no guitar part). When you do play the song, strum at the top of every chain (Orange note), and just keep that beat going, it will also let you hit the random chords without thinking of it.

Works for me, I wouldn't consider myself good, but I've gotten close to FCing Mosh 1, probably because of that.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

rock n roll band FC!! finally. Took me a while to get the solo down. Resorted to GH1 mode, strummed the whole lot instead of using the [garden tool]/pos. 10k short of first due to crappy SP though. Ended up 33rd I think.

Tk5SF.png

If you're still using the touch pad on the "solo" I would try using the regular buttons. It worked for me and now I can consistently pass it. Just flail on what you think the note pattern is and save your star power as long as you can.

Getting the star power in the "solo" helps too.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

If you're still using the touch pad on the "solo" I would try using the regular buttons. It worked for me and now I can consistently pass it. Just flail on what you think the note pattern is and save your star power as long as you can.

Getting the star power in the "solo" helps too.

What I did was use the Strat's tapping buttons. I usually just slide my fingers along the board in parts like that, and there's less area to do that in on those smaller buttons.

You don't have to strum on purple-note parts, and there are enough star power parts to sustain you until the end if you can hit them.