A really long time ago (prior to RS2 beta, pre2002, etc...)

FusionX

*sniff*

I remember not knowing that there was anything more than good ol' Lumbridge.

When it started expanding I got lost at least 3 times (Well hey, it is kinda hard to find your way to Lumby back from Draynor-ish area), and hated the game.

I didn't know about all the stuff across the river either, so I was confined to the castle side of Lumby...

I left my account (still trying to remember what it was called, King something or rather), and didn't play RS for ages...

I signed up with Lordomite 00 way later, and it was all different.

I went all the way to Varrock, and didn't get lost :P

It was still pretty late in my RS experience that I ever went over to Falador and everything. I was still kind of traumatised of exploring >.>

Everything looked the same.

But then I discovered mining... Figured out how to make money, and started playing how I play today.

There were 12 worlds when I started really playing with Lordomite 00 again if that helps give some basis for dates in this.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhhh the old days !

i had completly forgotten about the choosing of class, as i recall i was a miner and i rallied all my friends at skool to play and be the other class's from what i recall i was best out of all my friends becuz i spent a few days killing goblins and managed to get 700 coins from selling the daggers, after that my friends begged from me cuz i had 700gp!!! i also remember confining myself to lumbridge till i made a friend who walked me to varrcok gave me a steel 2 hander and i got lost and died with it then quit for like 2 months lmao the good old days are far gone, the only way i can see to survive is by making a bunch of good friends who are close or you will go insane from people calling you noob no matter wat the situation...

oh well rs can only get better from here?

I've been playing for about 5 years now, same account since the day I started :lol: I saw Bluerose13x a few days after the Trolls were introduced, and when I mention the name no one knows who I'm talking about. I remember Addy was a big stink and being in the Champs guild ment something. I also remember the classes, I started out with just a Bronze long and a Wood Shield, Warrior ownz! I miss the old days, I got lost between Draynor and Draynor mansion for like 20 minutes one day and was killed by a highway man. Since then I've never let a newb die when fighting one.

I miss the old days sometimes :cry:

yes, something like that.

hmm i dont know if its that old but it still counts for me :

-Addy plate cost 40k. Actually 40040gp.

-blue cape was +2 defense. red and black cape were just capes with no stats ..there were only 3 cape colors back then. Actually black gave +1 too.

-Strength potions were orginaly purple. Yessir.

-*Dont know if this true* but ive heard back then on a knife trick that you could weild knives and hit hard, and if you weilded too many it would kill you.

It was glitch, Jagex banned people using it. Too many wielding didn't kill.

-You could weild anything if you clicked *weild* on a weildable item and then quickly drop it so it weilded the next item in line in your inventory, wasnt matter which item it was. Don't know about this one.

[/b]

And I remember cool spell called low level alchemy, "converts an item into gold" I used it to bronze bar and I was disappointed because I didn't get gold bar :(

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

anyone remember that black hole thing? I got tickets to there and made fun of the people who got sent there. And I always begged for money on my lv. 5 account, and when someone gave me some, WHAM! Whipped out my addy armor! OMFG it was so funny! But then I got sent to the black hole myself and I quit. But then I went back a week ago, and WHAT A CHANGE!!! its in 3D!!! I really need to start playin again. I wonder, if I log in right now, wiil there be a new 3D black hole thing?? :?:

Its all about balance...

I HATE the runescape players nowadays, who are level 70 after three weeks and then laugh because I'm 82. Makes me sick to my stomach.

I know what you mean, ive been in my 80's for like 2 years now :P

I really need to start playin again. I wonder, if I log in right now, wiil there be a new 3D black hole thing?

Nah RS1 accounts appeared in rimmington when they were upgraded to RS2, and those old accounts i put in the void/black hole bugs were teleported away when they fixed it :wink:

And I remember cool spell called low level alchemy, "converts an item into gold" I used it to bronze bar and I was disappointed because I didn't get gold bar

Dont they still have that :shock:

I remember not knowing that there was anything more than good ol' Lumbridge.

Lol it was strange as a noob i use to never go out of lumbridge either I thought it was all forests/caves :lol:

Most of you have probably never seen the actual original runescape. Rs classic is not the original. The original was really really bad. Andrew gower at one point posted some screen shots for people to see.

Do you mean Deviousmud?

I started playing RS soemtime during the summer of 2001, around the time the wilderness opened up. Its really weird to me now that a lot of people have no idea who bluerose, robin hood, tks, etc. were. I remember when bluerose finally was able to make rune kites, she didn't release them to the public. It would cost some one 1k gems(and no saffs) to purchase one, unless you were one of her cronies (tks, lightning, etc) My best memory was seeing tks at the edgeville(ghost town to vets :D) bank, and asking her to show me a rune kite. (before they were released pubclicly) She did, and for weeks after I was showing the ss to anyone else who played.

Guest GafferXL
anyone remember that black hole thing? I got tickets to there and made fun of the people who got sent there. And I always begged for money on my lv. 5 account, and when someone gave me some, WHAM! Whipped out my addy armor! omg it was so funny! But then I got sent to the black hole myself and I quit. But then I went back a week ago, and WHAT A CHANGE!!! its in 3D!!! I really need to start playin again. I wonder, if I log in right now, wiil there be a new 3D black hole thing?? :?:

No, it was taken out 2-3 years ago, but the Disk's of Returning still remain, and are considered to be rare items. Now when they ban you, you just can't get on, although i think they keep your character and bank intact.

• 3 weeks later...
Hehehehe Mike :D

I still play... sometimes... Kind of :oops:

Yeah, I'm pretty nostalgic as well. I think what I miss most is that the community was smaller, and the moderators and Andrew and Paul actually were able to keep in contact with the community. That was nice! :D But as the community has expanded, I've met lots of great people, so that's cool.

Mike, don't mock me. I know you're going to :P

Btw, I don't care about Messiah 12. Messiah 14 and Messiah 21 are mine :| Although eventually I became friends with the guy who'd been Messiah 14, despite his many attempts to kill me over and over again when I was stuck as PK... so uhh, whatever...

I had problems with bluerose when she got in a fight with Kalikachu... but yeah, she was cool enough... and Lightning is still one of the most awesome RS players :D

Btw, if you want to get in touch with Leza, I have her on livejournal and such :) She's having a baby btw! :D

incase any of you didn't realize i know mad in real life... and wow when I made this thread it go no immediate responses so I thought it would die out, but wow! thanks for all the great replies, i was just looking through my "your posts" lists and i was shocked to see 60 replies!

blackmwhiteknight,Fusion%20X.gif

• 5 months later...

The moment i read this thread i was listing to Three doors down - Be like that

.. And i remember the first time i logged on rs my friend has just ripped me off of some of the starting stuff ^^ and i actidently(spell :S) clicked on a goblin and i remember i was yelling for help because i saw my life was going down and i wasn't aware of the fact that you could actually run away so i died to a goblin lvl 7.

I remember standing in a house with a full inventory of knives which could be sold for like 7gp ^^ as they spawned every 7th second or something.

I never saw what happend to rs world around me because i was stuck in Lumbrigde killing cows, it took ages before i went north. So when i came to varrock for the first time i think people already had rune :S well at the time i had full addy people had rune. :( i bought my full addy for like 30k and the next day someone would like to buy it for 32k so i sold it and used 3 days looking for someone selling at 30k but i end up buying it again for 35k :@

"If i could be like that, what would i do, if i could be like that, i would give everything, just to live one day in these shoes, if i could be like that, what would i do, lord what would i do" - Three Doors Down.

i hate you type of people that joined last year and make post like this for attention :roll:

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Hi! I'm still around ^_^ wanna readd insane o? :P

Oh, and mysticsmagic was the first diamond amulet crafter ;)

summerpngwy6.jpg

It was fun, but i've gotta disagree with all the people saying it used to be some amazing wonderland. People still called each other n00b, they still begged for cash. Stuff like mining was way more aggrevating, you had to click stuff like picks and fishing rods five times more, instead of just clicking the rock or fishing spot. I remember someone saying they took a couple days off Runescape because their wrists were hurting too much...

I miss my blue wizard hat though, they used to have a little yellow * on top.

-I forget her name, but I remember I was there when the first Diamon Amulet of Power was crafted and enchanted

Mysticsmagic, the most well rounded player besides Lightning in her day. But that wasn't that long ago, Asgarnia had already come out then.

I remember getting a free diamond ammy from her for helping her craft clay jars lol. She was lvl 70 back then, that was freaking good for those days.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah im pretty old runescape wise too, i came in during fall of 2001, pretty sure it was b4 the terrorist attacks. i remember there was a glitch in which f2p could use dragon long sword. of course i was a noob and i thought that having 1k and full iron was rich.

i miss jagex multiplayer games. i had a rating of like 180 but i dreamed of making it on the high scores. except slime wars is all i was good at. slime wars is awesome. iw ish i still could play it. it always says they took it down for repair and then they never brought it back. last time they said they were fixing it, they just removed the chat.

Omg, they took those out? I didn't even know! Jesus...those multiplayer games were the bomb. I ruled at them...and I made so many friends, probably most of which have jobs now and the like.

I joined Runescape probably in 2002. I know I haven't been around as long as some of you other guys, but I had only started using the computer seriously at about the age of 11. Unfortunately, my first account was hacked into I think and either deleted or banned, because it says that it doesn't exist. I think it was SapphireSea7, but now I'm not too sure. I walked from lvl 1 wildy to the deepest wildy a f2p can go without meeting any NPCs or other players. I also managed to get full steel and full iron that came from some f2ps who died out there. You might not believe me, but its true.

Do you guys remember the graphics back then? The people were small...they weren't big like they are now. And you could get full armour moulded for the different genders. Also, the plated skirts were long.

I remember when Edgeville came out, and I think they made it a p2p city for awhile, cuz I remember not being able to get in. Of course, my memory might be botched on that little piece of info.

I think the game nowadays is fantastic in some respects, but not in others.

how about when the addy plate was 40k at the champs guild i remember i saved up like crazy for it then a couple weeks later they lowered it to 16.4k i was like NOOOOOOOOO I GOT JIPPED.... and remember that one day when they first put the word censor thingy up.... that first day where they changed all the words.. when u say the F word it would say luck and the B word comes out saying Witch yall know wat im talking about rite?