Trouble Brewing? (Sabo, Bucketing and Popularity)

jondea0

trouble brewing i have three points about trouble brewing

1.should sabotage be taken out?

for:

-it ruins the game (opinion)

-it brings out peoples worst side. ie it makes people more revengeful and jealous

-it lessens the exp got

-it makes evryone engry becaus e they cant really do anything about it

against:

-its part of the game

-it makes the game more competitive

-some say it is fun

solutions

1. leave it in

2.make it so you can stop sabotaging more easily with more systems like the pump. (suggest some ideas)

3. take it out of the game

4. make it so perhaps, you can have non sabo and sabo matchs (somehow)

2. bucketing

this is people constantly getting water just for the poe

for:

-it gets poe easily

against:

- getting thousands doesnt help the team

solutions:

- make the max amount of buckets 100 (and once that number has been reached no more can be placed in)

-make it so everyone can only place 28 buckets of water in

-make it so for every 5 buckets you put in you get 1 poe rather than 1 poe for 1 bucket

3.populatrity

this one is a bit open ended: the question is, how can the minigame be made more attractive

solutions:

- more exp

- better rewards

glossary:

poe: pieces of eight, the curency and reward system

sabo (sabotage): setting fire to the opponents factory

bucketing: just getting lots of buckets so you can get poe when all you need is 100 max buckets

Well, sabatage is part of the game. I think its a waste as torches burn out . Its much easier to fix. Personally the bucketing way isint that much Poe. Getting back is much easier. Also, i think peopl only care about POE is because theres no point in winning .

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Sabotaging needs to stay in the game as its the only way for the behind team to win - let me present a scenario.

Team A and B both have lots of ingredients in their hoppers - more than enough to make rum until the time runs out. Unfortunately Team A started producing rum a slight moment before B meaning they will win UNLESS Team B can out sabotage them.

If this sabotage was removed the game could be over by half way.

Sabotaging needs to stay in the game as its the only way for the behind team to win - let me present a scenario.

Team A and B both have lots of ingredients in their hoppers - more than enough to make rum until the time runs out. Unfortunately Team A started producing rum a slight moment before B meaning they will win UNLESS Team B can out sabotage them.

If this sabotage was removed the game could be over by half way.

yes you are right but.. if team b started sabotaging this would cause team A to sabotage, getting both teams into a bigger mess than they started with. also winning is nothing, it doesnt mean anything. you dotn get any more rewards for winning. you just lose that 1 extra bottle of rum that give you that much need exp

the silly thing about sabotaging is that it's a lose-lose situation. You spend time doing nothing but harm the other people. Say you are losing, you should NOT sabotage and instead make more rum because that way you will get that few extra points. If you do choose to sabotage in that situation you will not only annoy the other team but you will lose poe (more specifically, you will miss getting the PoE that you would have gotten if you spent time gathering stuff and not sabotaging)

Buckets, there's not much to say, it's cheap and such a waste when everyone does it but it's good for securing points, it's ok if people want to do it JUST for that but seriously, help out after that! (People are more sympathetic it seems when doing trouble brewing, I don't know why)

Popularity, why is this awesome minigame neglected? Well the main reason is not the rewards, because naval outfit is one of the most popular out fits in the game (from what I've seen) that you can get from a minigame. VERY stylish, hawt, etc... The reason why it's less popular is because people haven't a clue where it is. It took me some searching before I could find out where it was, and a lot of people don't go so far into the deep deep jungle of Mos'le Harmless except for doing cave horrors. Of course some better rewards could help but games necklace teleport to trouble brewing will help even more IMO

*sigh* I last played that game in october, you know, reading this thread makes me nostalgic, I think I might go play it again just for fun :D

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Sabotage is like the only fun thing in that game.

It gets old fast and your acts don't exactly go unnoticed. It's like trying to close the door when people are trying to go through or some minor annoyance like that.

That also simply makes your team fail even more.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I like the suggestion of doing something about the buckets of water. It's so annoying that half the team keeps on going for buckets, when the other half are running their behinds off - to eventually get less PoE while doing the hard work. Quite unfair and very annoying, since being on a really good team is just max fun and max PoE.

Sabotage is just part of the game. Severely annoying, yes, but that's how it is.

Popularity: well, the rewards are okay. Naval is one of the nicer outfits in the game and are the main reason why people play it, I think. It's mainly its location that's a problem. That and the rather complicated rules of the game. Lots of people won't put in the effort of looking through a guide and leave. Add to that that each game lasts 20 minutes, way above the attention span of your usual RS player...

I love trouble brewing, but I fear it's not stuff made for the average RS player.

I love trouble brewing, but I fear it's not stuff made for the average RS player.

Agreed on the popularity part and here too. I guess it's one of those "advanced" minigames. Like Barb assault, where you have to do a bit of thinking and a bit of teamwork in order to prevail but it can be a lot of fun.

BlueSig6.jpg

It gets old fast and your acts don't exactly go unnoticed. It's like trying to close the door when people are trying to go through or some minor annoyance like that.

Runescape = game

Minigame = game

Game = fun

Sabotage = fun

Game = fun

Boohoo, I won't be able to buy an ugly piece of pirate clothing because I had fun?

2480+ total

If sabatage was taken out, then who ever got supplies first automatically wins

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Runescape = game

Minigame = game

Game = fun

Sabotage = fun

Game = fun

Boohoo, I won't be able to buy an ugly piece of pirate clothing because I had fun?

That's your opinion, others would disagree

For me it goes

having to rebuild = not fun

delaying the perfect efficiency = not fun

both teams getting less reward = not fun

You'd seriously make the worst teammate since you're doing the game just to get pleasure out of seeing others get annoyed and not for the reward.

If sabatage was taken out, then who ever got supplies first automatically wins

not everyone can go at the same speed. The team with the most efficient strategy and the best teamwork will win. Imagine a game when one team is disorganized and everyone runs to get the same ingredient and another team where everyone already knows who gets what. The organized team will obviously get more rum than the other (even if there is no sabotage) sabotage is really a bad team's way of dragging the better team down with them, it's pitiful.

The goal of the game is to produce as much rum as possible, not cause as much damage as possible and besides who even cares if there's a draw? It's impressive if you can make, say, 20 bottles of rum or something like that. There is competition, but both teams will go home with some PoE no matter what, so might as well make the most of it.

BlueSig6.jpg

The only real gripe I have with the game is the popularity. I seriously believe it's only unpopular because a LOT of people can't get there because they haven't done the quests. If it wasn't for the farming requirements for the quests, I'd say there would be a lot more people playing.

However, I can see how this is a good thing. It eliminates a lot of annoying newer players from just showing up and being a bother to the rest of the people there.

Perhaps a change in the requirements to play would make the game become more popular.

99 Crafting, Fletching, Cooking, Magic - Fire Cape - 1900+ Total

The only real gripe I have with the game is the popularity. I seriously believe it's only unpopular because a LOT of people can't get there because they haven't done the quests. If it wasn't for the farming requirements for the quests, I'd say there would be a lot more people playing.

However, I can see how this is a good thing. It eliminates a lot of annoying newer players from just showing up and being a bother to the rest of the people there.

Perhaps a change in the requirements to play would make the game become more popular.

i suppose the popularity thing is good because its the only minigame (except from ba) that isntoverun by noobs and actually has a good comunity

thanks for all the posts people :thumbsup:

You'd seriously make the worst teammate since you're doing the game just to get pleasure out of seeing others get annoyed and not for the reward.

Don't get me wrong, I get the fun AND the reward, water buckets >;D

Of course sabbotage is my favorite activity, but I get working when I see the other team could win, since I love competitition(crushing the competition that is >;D)

It's the other team that has to rebuild, so of course if you see me on the other team, you better join my team or your up for some repairing :XD:

Of course the other team could try to have a vengence, but if everyone of our team sabotages, the other team will be desperate, and they won't have any more wood to fix things. :XD:

2480+ total

Don't get me wrong, I get the fun AND the reward, water buckets >;D

Of course sabbotage is my favorite activity, but I get working when I see the other team could win, since I love competitition(crushing the competition that is >;D)

That's the absolute bare minimum reward. This game isn't a Mongolian attack where you go out and burn stuff, you're supposed to make rum and you can't make rum with both teams are at each other's throats. I've played games where we get as high as 20 bottles of rum. 140 PoE! It only works because there's no sabotage. That's far more fun than some immature firefights.

It's the other team that has to rebuild, so of course if you see me on the other team, you better join my team or your up for some repairing :XD:

Of course the other team could try to have a vengence, but if everyone of our team sabotages, the other team will be desperate, and they won't have any more wood to fix things. :XD:

I would call that completely ruined. There we go, both teams just want to burn each other up. Perfect lose-lose situation. Where's the strategy? Where's the teamwork? That's truely pathetic for people who actually want to make rum. So, like I said, you would make the worst teammate and also the most annoying opponent.

That being said you could obviously argue how "oh well that's how i have fun", well so be it. Plenty of people like that around anyways.

BlueSig6.jpg

You think you're way of playing is oh-so-intelligent and oh-so-better than everyone's else, but you have to realise someday that's not how thing works. We enjoy different things in that game, and that's how it is, there's no 'better' way to play. You, you're the serious no-fun pragmatic tactictian. And I'm the playful and impulsive pyro. If I ever start playing Rs again, god save my soul, I look foward being your

most annoying opponent.

2480+ total

about the buckets, which alot of morons in the game don't understand, even when I yell it to their face, is that water no longer gets you points after you put 100 of them in.

I just want this to be more known, because it is extremely frustrating when I'm running around gathering all the nuts, bark, coloured water, etc, and the rest of my team is either: Gathering water (90%), Unsuccesfully attempting to burn down the other team's (10%).

snowsigyy7.png

You think you're way of playing is oh-so-intelligent and oh-so-better than everyone's else, but you have to realise someday that's not how thing works. We enjoy different things in that game, and that's how it is, there's no 'better' way to play. You, you're the serious no-fun pragmatic tactictian. And I'm the playful and impulsive pyro. If I ever start playing Rs again, god save my soul, I look foward being your
most annoying opponent.

Yes, as a matter of fact I think playing the game the correct way is actually more fun than just getting pleasure from annoying people.

"no-fun" is a matter of opinion, strategy and tactics are incredible when you see it work, far more than "lol, i pissed off the other team, i'm such a badass". I find our activities most immature and not so much "playfull" since you're not trying to play around your goal is to see how far you can get on the nerves of everyone, the same way idiots kill people's pickpocketing targets. We don't need someone like that around.

On a more general note I've met some very decent people playing trouble brewing and we often work together. In general, there are more "decent" people than immature idiots, which is good.

BlueSig6.jpg