Question About Santa Hat

DegenerateX

Alright well I've had a santa hat for a short while and I'm not sure what to do at the moment.

I bought it for 21.1 Million GP, and I can sell it for around 21-22 (let's say 21.6 as I've gotten it as anoffer).

Concerning the new slayer range item coming out (The Dark Bow) I'm thinking people might dump their rares because everyone has to have the "new item" so rare prices would fall, and I would be able to pick up another santa for cheap.

Does that seem like a viable option. I know it's not guaranteed to happen but is it logical where I'm coming from. When they introduced certain updates such as new skills (construction) rare prices fell an awful lot. When they introduced Skill Capes, people needed a lot of money to buy supplies for a 99 stat so they sold their rares and the prices dropped. When New Treasure Items came out everyone had to have them and rare prices dropped.

Which I believe this update will not cause prices to drop as extreme as these above listed, I think it will have a similair affect. Much to my dismay, not all that many people like range but I'm counting on the fact that enough of the upper class want one. Even if I rare prices only dropped by say 3 million, I'll still be happy as that would be what I've profited from selling my santa early.

Any suggestions on if I should sell my santa now and hope for the above occurence, or is what I'm saying completely wrong and that the rare prices had nothing with the new updates. Or will it be either or?

Sort of a debat I guess, but then again I really want an answer to this, so it's still a question. Answers will just vary due to different point of views.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

It will certainly make prices of rares drop. However, the prices will soon rise again as the new dragon arrows and dark bow becomes less rare. Every time prices of rares drop, it's increase later will be higher than the original one. Keep it and sell it later.

drapit.png

It might drop a little bit but most people with rares are smart enough to knwo to w8 till the dark bow drops alil then buy.

But they will drop due to the fact many people in runescape itemize their money investing in rares and such itemz.

It prly wont hurt to try and santas arnt 21.6m anyways maybe 20.6m max

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Alright well I just sold it to the guy who offered med 21.6 and from what I've been reading I think I did the right thing.

If Darkbows even only make santas drop one mil, I still get one mil easy by doing next to nothing :)

If Santa prices don't drop at all, doesn't matter as I can just by another one back since the forums have them for around 21.4-ish.

Hoping they drop to 14 Million as that would allow me to buy a second onem but I think it's almost unrealistic to think they would drop that much so I'll be happy with a nice 1 or 2 million drop.

if i were you, id sell it now, if prices drop great, get another cheap and have money to spare. but the prices arnt going to suddenly raise... are they?

thats my thinking on it anyway ^.^

J

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

That's sorta what I was thinking. If it drops woopie I make some easy money. If not it doesn't matter as the price would stay the same, I don't really see a major [bleep]e occuring due to an event anytime soon, unless DK wanted to buy out every single santa he could find.

Prices already dropped because everyone is trying to sell their rares before the prices drop.... aaah what a great paradox :)

I'm sticking on to my red mask because prices will go up again once people start making good money from getting/merchanting the bow :)

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

Yeah I just saw that too and was so happy that I sold mine before the drop. I knew I couldn't be the only one thinking about it but I thought they would come like 2 weeks before the release.

D'oh #-o I'm such an idiot it is 2 weeks before the release lol.

So yeah as expected prices are already dropping just because all the merchants want to sell their rares to do this. And that's not necesairly a bad thing as it will just push the prices of rares down even more :)

Which means what I'm predicting to occur is already happening, so I'm very happy I sold them when they reached their peak, I got lucky I guess.

you did :thumbsup: .

D'oh, I want them to be even lower in price, so even I could invest in one #-o

How much lower do they have to be in your case?

Oh and I'm up 31.6 mil now after selling my ranger set and merchanting a bit. So I'm hoping they will drop to 16M so I can get two of them. I get out of school on Tuesday and I might be able to merchant to about 35M by the time Dark Bows get out so I hope that will be enough.

dont sell them all, cuz then the prices will drop again. that is why the prices dropped because every1 wants the new items, so hold on to your santa, and sell when they reach the predicted 35m+ this winter

also, the dark bow is the sickest bow every made, and you have got to buy one. they are worth it.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

also, the dark bow is the sickest bow every made, and you have got to buy one. they are worth it.

And I'm hoping to cash in on the outrageous price it will command when it first comes out and buy some of the santas being sold. 8-)

aglipoy.png

That is the exact response I'm hoping for from the rich people, so that's how ima cash off and buy em low.