The Runescape Black market

nman96

The Underground of Runescape

You may be thinking, underground what is he talking about, but yes There is a runescape blackmarket. Sadly a very popular one. I am not going to name any names or any sites to keep in line with the rules. But I will show you my investigation on the runescape blackmarket.

At a certain website you can get almost anything you want for real or runescape cash. You can sell your character. Or a pure you worked on, or even buy runescape cash for as little as $3 a mill.You can get accounts trainined to any level you want just for saying someone is trustworthy so they can eventually start raking in the runescape dough.

Runescape Cash

Now lets take a side adventure and go to buying runescape gold. It is an easy way to buy yourself levels. I think it is disgraceful because.

• 1. Its a game

2.Who Really wants to spend real cash on a game

3. Its breaking rules

ON this website it is quite easy to buy runescape cash with a whole forum with it and multiple ways to pay. You can pay with paypal and e-gold are the most popular. Here is a picture of the forum and look at the posts and views, now you wonder whether people you know have bought their way to level 99's.

Below we have an above average gold shop, a good example for our topic. If you can see how much gold that person has actually sold it is quite amazing isn't it. Some merchants on here have sold 5,000+ mills of gold. Which at 5 dollars per million adds up to about $25,000 from buying gold cheap and selling it for more. It is amazing how that buying and selling runescape gold is a muti-hundred thousand dollar business. It is very disgraceful and shunned upon by many but welcomed by many other players.

[hide=Gold Shop]color][/hide]

Middle Men

Middle men or mm's and many call them are also a good way to cheat your way to runescape money. Their job is to see both sides get what they want. So for example if someone is buying an account. Then the middle man will talk with the owner get the password, then the money from the buyer. And give the buyer the password and the seller the money. It makes most trades go "smooth" as they say. and it generally cost's a 10% fee for an official mm(trusted person). Which if you are doing a 10 million gold trade is a 1 million gold fee for trading some people some gold and talking.

Memberships

Ever since the release of pay by sms and pay-by-phone people have been selling "pins" for runescape cash. So the merchant texts in gets a pin then sells it to the customer for x amount of runescape cash. Usually in the 1 million range. Many people do this to make some quick cash in runescape if they need it, it takes 15 minutes to make the transaction and 1 hour or less to make the rs gold.

Name shops

Yes, as as sad as this is you can buy names from people. People sit at home and think of great names and sell them to you for vouches (which are for trustwortheyness) or about 10k apeice. I think this is one of the most absurd things. People are too lazy to take the time to think of a good name :oops: :shock: .

Conclusion

I hope you liked my report on the underground of runescape. In this I would like to thank tip.it for having such a good forum with no cheating going on! \' and I would also like to thank everyone that has influenced me in runescape. Thanks jagex for making a good game that I can waste my life away on. And thank you for reading this post.

Post Comments or I will pwn joo

:shame: :shame: :shame:

KsaWcing-ShopWorker.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very intresting facts in there. Espacially about those name shops...Very strange thing to waste money on, I think...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Nice report, I don't know what else to say so I'll express myself with this emoticon. :wall:

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Before someone else comes in with a "You seem to know an awful lot comment...", it's very possible to know about something forbidden without having to partake in it.

That being said, nice report. I knew it all and you've missed some big stuff there, but I'm stretching to think of a report on the subject presented better on tip.it. Good job.

It's pathetic for those who sell the gold. Get a real job and earn your cash instead of setting up hundreds of bots to work for you. They you have the depressed people who spend there money supporting these kind of lazy people who don't work for a living. I hope they all the buyers get banned so the sellers/ autoers will move to a different game. Hopefully WoW :pray:

Quit RuneScape :)

i know what site you are talking about :anxious:

I must admit sadly that i was involved in such trades, illegal yes but i've made millions and over 400$ in just a month. Of course i was banned afterwards and never even attempted to try it again. The truth is the underground market is HUGE. Litterally thousands of players go to that site, to do their illegal stuff. I personally know a few friends that used to buy membership like that but got banned shortly afterwards. I've met people (on msn) that earned thousands of dollars, which became their second (and in some cases, first) job. Many of them are gold farmers...

just a little fact: A year and a half prices were 15-20$ each.

It's never gonna go away anyway and in the future more of these games will probably allow it one way or another as well. It's humorous how often threads about this very topic are starting to arise here on tip.it though, especially when we keep in mind this was completely undiscussable a little over a year ago.

1. Its a game

2.Who Really wants to spend real cash on a game

3. Its breaking rules

1. So why do you care if people spend cash on it to have their fun? If you really think "it is just a game" then I don't really get why you can get so worked up about things like this.

2. Why do you care?

3. You are right as long as you don't bring it up as a reason to why it is immoral, because that would be circular reasoning.

It is amazing how that buying and selling runescape gold is a muti-hundred thousand dollar business.

Perhaps multi-million.

I remember when my friend was a middle man, and went to the site you have shown. He was an autoer. He used to always tell me I should start autoing. But, later he got bored of runescape and he quit. Last time I heard from him, he was playing WoW.

BTW: I forgot if theres a no link policy on Tip.it, but in your picture theres a link to a cheating forum.

My friend bought great user for himself and sold millions that were in bank so he made back the money he spent on it. And little while ago he also bought green mask for cash. :wall:

At least i can say to him that i have earned all by myself. :roll:

Guest loXer1
Eh, seriously, who cares. Doesn't really hurt anyone if some guy wants to sell his account or a bunch of RS cash.

Even if that money comes from excessive macroing?

I know people hwo have sold runescape cash. They have made that cash without ANY CHEATING! They are honest players.

I don't belive that sweatshops [cabbage]. Most of players are buying rs gold from usual players, hwo just want to make some extra cash with runescape.

Eh, seriously, who cares. Doesn't really hurt anyone if some guy wants to sell his account or a bunch of RS cash.

Even if that money comes from excessive macroing?

Again, I don't really care. They've found a way to exploit the system for their benefit. You've got a few options, try to fight it (reporting, going kung fu on them, etc), ignoring them (going on and playing as you normally would) or joining them. Even though they're not 'real players' you obviously are and I'm assuming enjoy playing the game. Well play 'til your hearts content <3:

EDIT: I've gotta disagree with you there though Loxer, trying searching "runescape" on ebay. A tonne of RS gold shops will come up. These are the products of the autoers/labourers/whatever which you always see in f2p.