Optional Quest Idea... Not for the faint of heart.

WARNING: LONG POST

The Final Showdown

Requirements:

200+ Quest Points

Must have completed Tree Gnome Village, Grand Tree, and Monkey Madness

90 strength

75 prayer

80 mining

80 firemaking

85 woodcutting

76 agility

***THIS SIDE-QUEST YIELDS NO QUEST POINTS, THEREFORE IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN YOUR QUEST CAPE***

Recommended Skills/Items:

95 herblore; the ability to make Cure Disease potions is an advantage

Once again, the Gnome people are threatened by impending destruction. King Narnode Shareen received a scroll from none other than the infamous Glough, which stated Narnode must send a messenger to his den with a notice of abdication, or else he would unleash his newest weapon upon the Stronghold. The problem is, none of the other gnomes are brave enough to seek out Glough on his own territory. Do you have what it takes to survive whatever horrors the mischievous magus has undoubtedly prepared? Will you emerge victorious from the Final Showdown?

Walkthrough:

Upon talking to Narnode Shareen, he hands you a scroll.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅYou scum thwarted my plans for the LAST time! I have developed my Magicks far beyond anything this world has ever seen, and I will not hesitate to use them against you. However, I am giving you one chance to save your people, Narnode. I want a messenger to deliver notice of your abdication to my den; located south of a plateau of Ice deep in the area of the world you mortals call the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅWilderness.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

td2sig.jpg

Req.'s are too high. Not for us, but for Jagex. They will never introduce something with a requirement this high, lower levels with quest capes would scream and cry.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Ahem, try reading his post more carefully. It says in one part

***THIS SIDE-QUEST YIELDS NO QUEST POINTS, THEREFORE IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN YOUR QUEST CAPE***

It is a side quest! No quest points! It won't count towards the skill cape. Almost like the one to use the abyss.

I don't think they should be white dragons. They went extinct long ago and their hides made the 3rd age ranged gear. People would complain that they couldn't make 3rd age ranged gear. How about diamond dragons. Their hides would look like they are made of diamonds. It would be slightly see-through like the ghostly robes. Not as much though and more like crystal.

tfssig.png

That's a good idea... The basic idea was to provide both crafters and rangers with new high level gear... And to have a dragon drop it, as I think it'd be funny to see Glough get fried by a fireball. But this is a very long "mini quest"... It is not technically a quest, although it operates like one. I'd like to include pictures of what I'd like the items to look like, but my Photoshoppe skills suck :-w

And also, I thought about the stats for the Claymore very carefully. The whip + defender combo provides 87 strength, so I had the Claymore provide two damage (relatively 8 strength bonus) more than it, while losing one level of speed. This makes it a very effective weapon, while still maintaining balance. Also, with the high cost, it'll be a very good money sink.... Far better than the Steel Dragons from Construction, as far more people will want to invest in this.

td2sig.jpg

This is one of the best miniquest ideas I have ever seen! And I think the equipment stats are about right for the difficulty of this quest. They're too pricy to use in wildy, so that will give fewer pkers heart attacks (should get gp equal to the selling price for players if you die as a drop instead of the equipment). I support the idea, even though me=f2p ;)

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Nice idea! I'd love to see a high level quest.

Yes you read it right: quest. So do give quest points (and rather lot judgin on the difficulty). Players should work their way up to earn that quest cape....

Few remarks:

- prayer requirement? I would drop that, don't think any quest has it yet and I don't see the need for prayer in this quest.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

• 2 weeks later...