My computer has Something VERY wrong, need GOOD help

hatebringer

Ok, here is what is going on. I bought my computer just under 9 months ago, and it has been the best, i could click the internet, and be on in a snap, i would be able to hop pages, and play RS without a single lag. Now..however, my computer is amazingly slow, and moves not even half its old speed. When i turn my computer on after school, it doesn't take very long, but then when I try to go on the internet, or open any folders, it basically stops, or on its good days, opens, but is invisible, and all you see is the outline of the window, and sometimes the top bar, so i have to roll my mouse over where i think the X button is to close and try again. If it continues, i have to shut down and wait about 5 min before it will work. Now, on to the biggest of my problems, the internet. I have been trying everything about lag and deleting unnecessary files to speed up the loading and browsing time, but... it just gets slower. If anyone could just help me with some tips on how to try to delete lag, or anything, it would be of great help.

Also, anything that could help with overal computer slow down, would help.

(i am scanning for viruses and bots atm, but have done previous ones, and turned up nothing.)

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Which scanners did you use to scan for spyware and viruses? Use Ad-aware 2007, and Spybot for spyware and AVG for viruses. They are all free.

Have you tried to defrag your hard drive? Disk cleanup? Resetting your modem to improve internet speed?

goldenblade995.png

1. Do Disk Cleanup

2. Look for adware-se download and run

3. Look for smartfraudfix save and run ( in safe mode)

4. Do disk cleanup again

5. Do disk defragmenter

works perfectly

"I will never falter, ill stand my ground"

1. Do Disk Cleanup

2. Look for adware-se download and run

3. Look for smartfraudfix save and run ( in safe mode)

4. Do disk cleanup again

5. Do disk defragmenter

works perfectly

If that doesn't help, you've either nicked some hardware, or go to your local store to have them have a visual look at it themselves.

This could be a case of adware and cookies (no not the kind that fluffy monster on sesame street ate), if it is under warranty then return to store, if you are a month over you can usually get them to give you store credit or something.

Back up all important files onto a disk or storage device, do a system clean up. If this fails system restore and start from the begining.

Maybe get a pc with a good warranty next time or don't listen to the smily salesman/woman (lol). Computers change big time, maybe get mac or lynix next time?

8-)

wow, wow! I've found the meaning of life!

Oh oh it's gone again.

All of the above are very good ideas. You can also clear your history, temp folder, temp internet files and other internet files.

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol: