Chompy Bird Hunting Guide. [Updated More Pictures and Info]

Guest Kickpointy

Guest Kickpointy

Hello, I am 3 Point Man. This is my first guide on these forums so I will try my best. I currently have no pictures because I was a member for a long time and I just recently got back from vacation so I am a non-member. I will get pictures up soon.

I: Requirements

II: Items Needed

III: Arrows

IV: Bellows

V: Hunting

VI: Rewards

VII: Q & A

REQUIREMENTS

Quest Requirements

- Big Chompy Bird Hunting (required)

- Zogre Flesh Eaters (very recommended)

Level Requirements

- 30 Ranged (Higher the better)

Items Needed

Ogre Bow or Comp Ogre Bow

After the Big Chompy Bird Hunting quest, you should already have a regular Ogre Bow. To get a new Ogre Bow if you lost yours, you must go to Rantz in Feldip Hills and pay him 500-550GP. Ogre%20bow.png

A more advanced bow that you can use to murder chompy birds is the Comp Ogre Bow. It can use Brutal Arrows which are more effective than regular Ogre Arrows. You must have finished the Zogre Flesh Eaters quest to make and use the bow. To make it, you will need Achey Logs, Wolf Bones, Bow String, and a Knife. To get Achey Logs cut any of those weird looking trees in Feldip Hills. To get Wolf Bones just kill any kind of wolf. For Bowstring pick flax and spin it. You know where a knife is :P.comp%20ogre_bow.png

Arrows

1. To make Regular Ogre Arrows you need Achey Logs, Knife, Wolf Bones, a Chisel, and Feathers. To get Achey Logs cut any of those weird looking trees in Feldip Hills. Then after you get the Achey Logs use your Knife on them to get Ogre Arrow Shafts. Each log gives 2-6 shafts. Then gather feathers and just use feathers with the shafts. Then go kill wolves to get wolf bones. Use the chisel on the bones. Each chiseled bone give 2-6 arrowheads. Use the arrowheads with the Flighted Arrows you got when you used Feathers with Shafts. You now get completed Arrows. 5_OrgeArrows.jpg

2. To make Brutal Arrows, you will need Any Kind of Nail (higher level name means higher hits), Hammer, Achey Logs, Knife, and Feathers. To get Achey Logs cut any of those weird looking trees in Feldip Hills. Then after you get the Achey Logs use your Knife on them to get Ogre Arrow Shafts. Each log gives 2-6 shafts. Then gather feathers and just use feathers with the shafts. This makes Flighted Ogre Arrows. Now you must create Nails, you must hammer Metal Bars at an anvil. For every bar, you will make 15 Nails. Now use the nails with the Flighted Ogre Arrows. You now have Brutal Arrows.

brutal_black5.png

Bellows

1. Yes, when I say 24 Bellows I mean 24. It makes less trips. It isn't needed but makes things A LOT QUICKER. To get 24 Ogre Bellows, go to RantzÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s cave north of where he stands in Feldip Hills. Head over to the Locked Ogre Chest in the northwest part of the cave. Unlock it and search it for an Ogre Bellow. Then, drop that Ogre Bellow and get another from the chest and drop that one. After you see 24 Ogre Bellows on the ground, pick them all up.bellow.gif

Hunting

Map.jpg

1. Get your Bow that you made, Arrows you made, and 24 Ogre Bellows, and ranging equipment. Then, head over to a Chompy Bird Hunting spot.

2. Use all of your 24 Ogre Bellows with the Swamp Bubbles on the edges of the lakes. They should now be Ogre Bellows (3) and have green slime inside.

3. Now, use the Ogre Bellows (3) with nearby Swamp Toads until you receive 3 Bloated Toads in your inventory.

4. Drop all 3 Bloated Toads in a row and bloat some more toads until you have three in your inventory by using your other Ogre Bellows. You donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to wait for the three bloated toads to pop before you drop some more bloated toads. Just keep doing this until you see some Chompy Birds fly by.

chompyandtoad.png

5. Once you see some Chompy Birds, stop with your toad bloating even if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have three bloated toads and kill them all. TheyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re only level 6 with 10 hp, so donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t worry.

6. Once the Chompy Bird dies, pluck it to get a ton of feathers to make more arrows.

7. Keep repeating these steps, and youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll have those fancy Chompy Bird Hats in no time. Once you practice a little you can speed through these steps, and you would probably average about 5 Chompy Birds per minute. Each hat requieres a certain amount of kills.

Rewards

Here are the hats and what order you get them. Going down.

ogrebowman.png

30 Kills

bowman.png

40 Kills

ogreyeoman.png

50 Kills

yeoman.png

70 Kills

ogremarksman.png

95 Kills

marksman.png

125 Kills

ogrewoodsman.png

170 Kills

woodsman.png

225 Kills

ogreforester.png

300 Kills

forester.png

400 Kills

ogrebowmaster.png

550 Kills

bowmaster.png

700 Kills

ogreexpert.png

1000 Kills

expert.png

1300 Kills

ogredragonarcher.png

1700 Kills

dragonarcher.png

2250 Kills (Also the Hat that I Own)

expogredragonarcher.png

3000 Kills

expertdragonarcher.png

4000 Kills

ONCE YOUR REACH 4000 KILLS YOU WILL GET 30,000 EXP!

Q & A

Q: Why can't I attack this bird?

A: Your bird is the bird with the arrow over it's head. You can only attack yours bird(s).

Q: Which Bow do you think I should use? :-k

A: The Composite Bow shoots almost twice as fast like your using a normal bow on rapid. The Ogre Bow hits hard but is slower. I would stick with the Composite Bow.

Q: Can you use the Composite Bows you get from Treasure Trails?

A: Jagex has confirmed that they don't work with the Arrows.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY GUIDE! Please note more pictures will come soon.

Thanks to

Tip.It for the pictures of the Chompy Hats and the Map

Thanks to your Readers for Reading This.

Centrits for cropping my pictures.

I like it and will probably use it later, but a bit of advice...crop the picture of the map, it distorts the length of the lines of text, making it harder to read.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

Could someone crop the picture for me? I don't know how. :wall:

here you go: http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t223/centrits/Map.jpg

I like your guide, but not outstanding, maybe add some colour and things that will make it special, like pics where to stay (yes I noticed you aren't a member atm)

goodluck with your guide!

Centrits :thumbsup:

219365.png

Guest Kickpointy

Thanks Cen for the picture. I just mailed the check for membership today so in about 5 days I'll have a picture on what inventory should look like and such.

Thanks again Cen,

Kickpointy

Guest Kickpointy

ok, like show what stuff you wear and such. I'm a non-member for the moment so I can't get any picture.

If you would like to just get the Equipment picture. You don't need to get the Inventory unless you wanna get 24 Ogre Bellows.

Thanks Theo

no problem at all for the cropping ::' .

suggestion#2: remove the orange/yellow colour and the cyan colour, it is hard to read for me, and I don't doubt I'm the only one.

Centrits :thumbsup:

credit for cropping? :roll: :wink:

219365.png

I wish I has this guide a few days ago when I hunted around 100 just cause... I was using 3 bellows...it stunk...

also, At what point (how many people) at the chompy spot do you think is a good time to world hop. On tip.its guide they said like 2 other poeple

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

so we can average killing 5 birds a minute while attacking them, plucking them, and catching and releasing frogs?

and perhaps picking up arrows too?

i must say thats pretty impressive

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

Nice guide but, not trying to put yours down, there may be a guide around here already. One of your pictures is messed up, you forgot the ] to make it show instead of being text. Overall good guide. Once you get the invent up and some more tips, it would be perfect. Have you gotten the 4k chompy kills yourself?

soulthresher.png

Guest Kickpointy
I wish I has this guide a few days ago when I hunted around 100 just cause... I was using 3 bellows...it stunk...

also, At what point (how many people) at the chompy spot do you think is a good time to world hop. On tip.its guide they said like 2 other poeple

Once it gets to the point that there is 3+ people...you should leave. But if you hunt SOUTH of CW it is desserted, which is good.

Guest Kickpointy
so we can average killing 5 birds a minute while attacking them, plucking them, and catching and releasing frogs?

and perhaps picking up arrows too?

i must say thats pretty impressive

If you have 24 Bellows I can pretty much nail it by the minute.

Guest Kickpointy
Nice guide but, not trying to put yours down, there may be a guide around here already. One of your pictures is messed up, you forgot the ] to make it show instead of being text. Overall good guide. Once you get the invent up and some more tips, it would be perfect. Have you gotten the 4k chompy kills yourself?

No, I currently have 2894 kills. I am 106 away from the second-to-last hat.