Maturity in a Player

Doughnut

Maturity is not defined by age, simple as that.

Depends on the type of maturity you're talking about.

Its simple to say that all the Runescape scum out there is below the age of 13 but that is probally only 30% or so of the populas. The rest are through the age 13-17 who have an iq of a tennis ball. Its quite easy to say, "Hey, I'm above 13 so I am automatically mature". Wrong! Sometimes 30 year olds have no maturity, just depends on who you are.

I don't like defining maturity by intelligence. One can have a fairly low IQ yet be amazingly polite, whilst a genius could be a totally arrogant snob. Cases like these are generally unlikely, though they do exist. Of course, proper parenting may also have an affect on maturity. If one is a bad parent, their child will likely end up being a troublemaker in an attempt to 'fit in' with the other children in his/her peer group. However, good parenting or not, school itself will have an even bigger impact on maturity. You could start out perfectly fine, yet your maturity may gradually degrade through the years, all down to peer pressure. Society has become far too liberal in my opinion. At my own school for instance, teachers are too tolerant of student behaviour. As such, there has been a rapid decline in discipline. It's as though we can do what we want at times. In the early teenage years, this is definitely not good, and may have been contributing to increased levels of depression amongst this age group.

My point in this post is that everyone seems to be going on and on about the miniclip users and users below the age of 13 players, and blaming them for all the noobs on runescape.

Stereotyping is a nuisance, yet you cannot fight it.

What makes you mature(In my eyes):

Respectful

Good use of grammar, typos will always happen but your grammar will always show what kind of a person you are.

The word noob has no definition to you, if you ever use it its only to joke around.

I won't mind if the person is dyslexic or from a non-English speaking country, but if you come from an English speaking country, then there's no excuse for poor grammar at all. It just shows you can't be bothered to listen in English class, or use far too much text speak. It's absolutely ridiculous.

It allows people to understand you, you gain self respect, and you look smart.

Not necessarily. You could have excellent grammar, yet be totally ignorant of other subjects e.g. your mathematical skills are poor. In essential though, decent grammar is better for all of us.

I agree with the topic. As for the grammar, I use Rs-exclusive things like "Buy addy baxe" but I've given up on using "u" and "i" a long time ago (well, especially since the chat update. It was horrible before, with not letting you capitalise the "I"-s)

So you dont use "i"..i hate to break it to you but I is a word. So i'd say "i am going to buy a lobster" and what would you say?

Oh and spelling can have a correlation with your maturity, some people spell words wrong on purpose just so they could look "cool" or whatever. Its people who spell things incorrectly when it doesn't even save them any time at all.

"u" takes about 0.02 seconds less than "you", and surely people must be used to spelling things properly because thats how they learn it in school, it must be second nature to say "you" because you'd never put "u" on homework..

it's second nature to speak differently on rs to avoid beig flammed by everyone, i don't have a problem with "u" and "r" but when you say things like "pl0x" and "pmg" or "z0mg" that's just immature. sometimes i say that when i'm joking around, earns a laugh from my friends, but anyone who uses it regularly is immature, even if they are using it to be cool. i could go into a long drawn out speach about this but i'm too lazy today...

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

I'd say I'm mature. Although I'm 14 years old I'm using grammer best to my ability, I don't laugh at stupid thinks. Interact with conversations that I'm either intrested in or been asked a question. Other make think I'm "immature" because I'm 14 but I know how to be safe on the internet, so I'd say I'm mature.

skillsyough0.png

2dtv0.png

I agree with the topic. As for the grammar, I use Rs-exclusive things like "Buy addy baxe" but I've given up on using "u" and "i" a long time ago (well, especially since the chat update. It was horrible before, with not letting you capitalise the "I"-s)

So you dont use "i"..i hate to break it to you but I is a word. So i'd say "i am going to buy a lobster" and what would you say?

Oh and spelling can have a correlation with your maturity, some people spell words wrong on purpose just so they could look "cool" or whatever. Its people who spell things incorrectly when it doesn't even save them any time at all.

"u" takes about 0.02 seconds less than "you", and surely people must be used to spelling things properly because thats how they learn it in school, it must be second nature to say "you" because you'd never put "u" on homework..

Did I really phrase it that bad? I don't use "i". I use "I". Get it?

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I dont think spelling and grammer indicated maturity at all. my light if off and i dont look at the keyboard when i type. I find that its what people say not how they say it. And when people (here notably) say that they cant understand what they wrote, i would of thought a smart person would be able to read what they wrote and make sence of it

EG:

nm090-hn - its odvious this person is overweight and cant hit 1 key at a time

I'm ashamed by the way a lot of people my age act. It makes me look bad when people ask my age. It isn't that hard to use proper spelling, yes a few mistakes here or there is fine, but sorry to say pl0x and wut aren't spelling mistakes.

sigxp6.png

y_anima"]when i use leet speak its only if im joking or using it ona lvl 100 odd and see if it gets on their nerves

otherwise never

Don't you think that's a bit immature? Using 1337 speak to see if it annoys someone?

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.