Can I Effectively Kill Steel Dragons?

Dexek

Hello, I was wondering if with my current combat stats I could effectively kill Steel Dragons. My stats can be easily accessed by clicking my username to the left of this post. Just to make it simpler I will list my current combat stats. They are as follows:

Attack - 71

Strength - 96

Defence - 45

Prayer - 46

Range - 74

Magic - 80

Hitpoints - 83

My combat stats will be steadily rising, but I would like to know if I can effectively kill Steel Dragons with my current stats. I would also like to know which method would be most effective; Magic, Melee, or Ranging.

I can raise my attack to about 80 in a short time period. I can also raise my magic to 90 if that helps. I will most likely not be raising my prayer, which makes me believe that magic would be the most effective method to killing Steel Dragons. If it helps greatly I could possibly raise my Herblore from 60 to 69 so I can make my own Anti-Firebreath potions. If it isn't worth my time to gain these 9 Herblore levels, please state so. I am perfectly fine with buying the potions from other players.

As for hitpoints, I am nearly 84, and can get 85 in a day or two, depending how much of an effect that really has on killing Steel Dragons. I could also get my strength up some more, but I feel that 3 levels won't increase the amount of damage I do by much. I am aware that attack levels would help a lot with hitting consistantly, but I am only considering getting that up to 80 in a short time period.

Furthermore, I would like to know if Mystic Robes would be effective enough if maging Steel Dragons is the best method for myself. I would like to know this because I do not plan on raising my defence level at all, otherwise I would just do KQ trips with Veracs..

If maging Steel Dragons is the best method for my stats, then please state what type of spell would be best. I do not have Ancients or Lunar Magicks, so do not suggest any spells from those classes. I have chaos gauntlets if that influences the decision as to which type of spell I should use.

I would like to break even, or make a profit from Steel Dragons, and thus would rather not do blast, or wave spells. If I can easily make a profit, or break even from these spells, please state so.

Ranging is not my strong point, but I could make some high powered bolts to range the Steel Dragons with if it is effective, and worth the costs to make them.

Melee style I would be using a Dragon weapon, so please state the most effective dragon weapon for Steel Dragons if melee is my best suited and most effective style to kill Steel Dragons. I could use a whip, but I would be lower than 80 attack using one, as I do not wish to pass that barrier for some time.

If you feel that I simply can't kill Steel Dragons effectively, please state why I can not kill them, and what stats would need raising to effectively kill them. Keep in mind that I am not raising my defence level, and prayer level at all; or my attack level over 80. As I stated above I can raise my mage to 90 or so if that has a greater impact on how often I would hit.

Thank you so much for your help and advice.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

honestly, i didnt read ur entire post because its way to much to read. anyways to answer ur question hopfully, just mage them. ive seen people with less mage do well. just bring best +mage attack outfit u can and fire bolts. youll do fine .

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

honestly, i didnt read ur entire post because its way to much to read. anyways to answer ur question hopfully, just mage them. ive seen people with less mage do well. just bring best +mage attack outfit u can and fire bolts. youll do fine .

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

Thanks for the reply.. erm.. replies. :)

After seeing 20+ views and no comments I was a little bit concerned. I am awaiting on more comments, and advice. Thanks for the input so far. :D

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

You'll be ok at maging them

Maging is the best overall with fire bolt and chaos gaunlets.

I say that Mystic will be good enough but be sure to bring ur D fire shield

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

If you are maging you just need a anti-fire breath shield and pots & best mage robes and runes...

If you are going to melle them you will also need pray pots & best pray boosting armour / monk robes and weapon (recommend a super attack pot as well)...

Just bring a couple pieces of food for when the pots wear off & 1 click tele...

You will be fine using either mage or melle IMO...

djp2rr.png

djp2rr.png

if you prefer melee, which is cheaper, you should get your attack to 80. you should get proselyte armor (best pray bonus). bring a whip/d scimmy and a dds .also bring a super attack potion (maybe sup str too) antifires and pray pots. oooh and an axe to get there

tuuskukk.png

Thanks alot for the advice. I will most likely mage them, and when I mage I will take an antifire shield, and drink antifire pots as well. If anyone knows approximately how long an Antifire Potion lasts, please post the information on this topic. The thing is, my friend with 97 mage tells me that the Steel Dragons have a high resistance to magic attacks, so I suppose getting my mage up to 90 would be a good use of my time.

I am currently soloing Giant Moles in Falador, and doing trips with a friend just to get the hand of killing a higher level monster.

Any more advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Thanks alot for the advice. I will most likely mage them, and when I mage I will take an antifire shield, and drink antifire pots as well. If anyone knows approximately how long an Antifire Potion lasts, please post the information on this topic. The thing is, my friend with 97 mage tells me that the Steel Dragons have a high resistance to magic attacks, so I suppose getting my mage up to 90 would be a good use of my time.

I am currently soloing Giant Moles in Falador, and doing trips with a friend just to get the hand of killing a higher level monster.

Any more advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Giant moling w/ you is fun. <3: I think I'll wait until around 75 mage before I try iron/steel drags though..

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?