Mith dragons pretty hard to kill

lordvidrs1

dont forget theirs still a lot of people uncertain about te strategies to use so its almost like an experimentation phase.they will get easier to use once a guide or general consencus comes togetther that the best way to kill these is wearing ......an killing it with the......while praying.......It will get easier eventually but hopefully they wont get nerfed.if anything they made it harder without the safespots

tifsdac6mc.gif

If you melee them with karils on, and melee prayer they dont range you. So all you have to do is worry about magic attacks (which they do use every now and then). They only range when you are not next to them meleeing. So if you use a dfire pot + dfire shield, the dragonfire will not hurt you. I go with karils, Nesinot helm, Barrows gloves, climbing boots, fury, wealth, and trimmed att/str cape (any trimmed cape for prayer bonus)

They are still hard though, on a good trip i can kill mabey 6-8 pending on how well i hit. Also, im a 99 attack and strength, so dont try to melee if you arnt 90+ in those stats, or you will be down there for your entire trip taking out 2.

My stats (the sig isnt updated) are:

98 attack, 99 def, 86 st, 83 magic.

I killed 1 dragon in the method you mentions (black draghide, whip, anti melee prayer) - but the magic hited often and hard, so im afraid i wont be able to kill more then 2 in a trip in this method.

does anyone know how strong is their melee attack? (including max hit)

I said im 99 att and str, im also 87 def and 97 magic. People will get different results than me. I also used karils, which has significantly more mage defense (or its significant to me). People will always get mixed results, but maging i killed 4 a trip, and my range is too low to bother with ranging. id say the best ways to go are ranging or meleeing, but thats my personal opinion.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

I killed 1 dragon in the method you mentions (black draghide, whip, anti melee prayer) - but the magic hited often and hard, so im afraid i wont be able to kill more then 2 in a trip in this method.

does anyone know how strong is their melee attack? (including max hit)

26 for melee. mage max is 37. not sure of range.

best way to kill them with melee is d hide/karils and pro melee. they use 2 different mage attacks, one of which hits through prayer. so melee pray is best.

I find the best way to kill them is range with rune c'bow. at my level of 101 combat and 75 range, I kill 6-10 per trip. full karils, ranger set/range bonus hat and boots, and addy bolts. use addy ruby tipped for first half of dragon, then switch to diamond tipped. the spec of ruby tipped is based on the MONSTERS percentage hp left, so at half hp you spec hits very low. therefore, you should switch to diamond tipped. I use about 2-4 sharks per mith dragon with this method.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I kill 8-10 per trip with melee (depending on how often they drop shark). Much easier than the KQ and easier than the KBD.

It has very poor drops but that's the price you pay for the chance to get a dragon full helm/visage.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Are rune hastas good at killing them? Just wondering because on the update it shows someone fighting one with a hasta. ::'

Two men were walking through the forest. When they got out, they saw a war. One said cool, and ran forward, the other turned back. Later, both envied the other's decision. Who was right?

~It's not done till you're done with it~

I've been meleeing them with karils and melee protect. My best trip I killed 9 of them and my worst trip I killed 5. It seems to work pretty well given my stats. My best drop so far was just a rune battleaxe or a rune full helm. I did get an ancient page but it was pretty much useless... it only said stuff about how the water temp of the lake is higher than it should be.

You have to consider the fact that these monsters are higher level than the KBD. And the KBD has horrible drops and is much harder to kill. If anything should be "fixed" it should be the KBD not these. These drop d meds AND d full helms with the added chance of a draconic visage thrown into the mix. Those are great drops if you ask me.

Nazgul.jpeg

Ive been testing meathods as well and Ive found a pretty good setup.

I range wearing Karils, Archer helm, ROW, Rune Xbow, anti-fire sheild, ext.. and most importantly the the accumlator.

Range Pray, Anti-fire potion, range using Ruby/Diamond Bolts.

If you special on the Ruby bolts while the dragon is high hp, you can hit 20% his hp. 20% of 250 hp is a wopping 50!!~!

Once down to 1/2 - 1/4 hp, swich to diamond to finish him off.

This meathod works pretty well only using 2 ppots and some sharks for a load of 4-5 kills. And im only 78 range. Players with 80, 90+ range will be much more effective killing very quickly with this meathod.

I was someone with 99 range last night with the same setup 6 hit a dragon with his bolt specials.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Here's my setup for meleeing them if anyone is interested. Ignore the rune arrows, I forgot to bank them after the last trip.

ScreenShot065.png

Just pot up, protect from melee, and whip away.

My stats are:

99 Attack

99 Strength

99 Defense

99 Hitpoints

80 Prayer

95 Magic

99 Ranged

I dunno how efficient this would be if you're not as high level :\

Nazgul.jpeg

this is the invo I take. allows me to kill 6-10 dragons per trip. for my low level, I find melee takes to long and and only gets me 2-4 dragons per trip.

I pray pro ranged, and switch to the diamond bolts when the mith dragons gets past half health. The ruby bolt spec is based on health percentage, so after about half health the effect hits lower then regular hits.

My stats are-

82 att 79str 79 def 82 hp 75 range 88 mage 70 pray

even with my low range level, I hit high 20s, some 30s, and at leats one 50 per mith dragon

untitled2-4.jpg

I know a few level 124-126s. some melee, some range them, getting the same amount of dragons per trip.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png