Does Mage or Range level impact mage or range defense?

Ngorge

I have heard this rumor forever both in general and with respect to ahrim and karil. I know defense level is the prime component in determing defense against any type of attack, but does your range level in some way impact your range defense? Similarly for mage.

Since I have heard plenty of rumors, I would appreciate something concrete to answer this question.

Thanks!

What affects my Magic Defence?

Magic Defence depends on your Magic skill level, Defence level and equipment you are wearing.

The higher your skill levels and Magic bonus, the less likely you are to get hit. You will also receive less damage from a spell.

I don't know about the range part, but I doubt range levels effect defense from range effects.

i am 95% sure that higher magic helps for your magic deffence. i have no idea about deffence but i think it works the same like magic.

Mage Level affects Mage Defence

Defence Level affects MELEE and RANGE defence.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

i am 95% sure that higher magic helps for your magic deffence. i have no idea about deffence but i think it works the same like magic.

Mage Level affects Mage Defence

Defence Level affects MELEE and RANGE defence.

Defence level affects magic defence together with magic level.

RaGetheGreat.png

Retired from RuneScape for as long as possible.

I'm hearing a lot more opinions, but not anything concrete. Why would mage level affect mage defense (along with defense level), but not similarly for range and range defense?

Does anyone know of any tests, or links in knowledge base? I haven't had any luck answering this question there.

Thanks!