Terran Reaper

873532960_d6ed84aece_m.jpg

The venerable Terran Marine

873532948_d3bfa03530_m.jpg

Terran ghostÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ looks a bit weird, IMO

873532740_ec42e00c5d_m.jpg

The Terran Cobra, a hovering craft with rail guns

873532726_bce469144d_m.jpg

Terran banshee, a flying craft with a AOE ground attack, looks a bit like the Orca from Command and Conquer

I am somewhat disappointed. Does Blizzard really have a problem with coming up with anything original for Starcraft?

The Thor looks like a Space Marine Dreadnought in overall proportions. As far as layout, it looks almost exactly like MAD TA's Karganeth. The B and C concepts look almost exactly like Tau Broadside suits.

The Reaper looks like a Space Marine with a jump pack.

As someone on another forum pointed out, the Viking looks suspiciously like something from Robotech.

The Banshee looks like an Orca from the Command and Conquer series.

Oh, and the Cobra looks like rip-off of an Eldar Wave Serpent.

Apparently Blizzard wasn't content with ripping off the Tyranids with the Zerg, or doing the same for the Eldar with the Protoss.

well you'd be hard pushed to come up with something completely original looking in the sci-fi genre... Warhammer 40k pretty much has all corners covered on that one.

I like the look of SC2, and who cares if its similar to 40k? 40k rules!

Tk5SF.png

Right now, if I had to take a look at a screen shot of Starcraft 2, or any other current game...I'd give any other current game a try.

Seriously, is it just me, or does it just LOOK terrible? I never played the original starcraft, but obviously it is one of the best RTS's ever made (people still play it today, afterall, and a lot at that), couldn't they...Do any better? It's a game people have been hoping for for years and they REALLY want it, and what they get is something that looks like re-hashed starcraft 1 to me...I don't get it. I find myself hoping that these are SUPER early shots and that things will look better and more polished, otherwise I won't even look at this game.

I dunno', maybe it's just me. I think Dawn of War or something looks way better... :uhh:

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Starcraft 2 looks great in my opinion. Even if its graphics gets outdated, it would still be incredible because of the general gameplay and strategy aspect of starcraft. Besides, how realistic do you want a Sci-Fi game to be?

But I'm disappointed how they kept so few of the old terran units. The Firebat, vulture, wraith, and goliath are probably gone (possibly replaced by reaper, banshee, cobra and thor).

Then again, it'll most likely be a good thing, especially seeing how kick-butt the protoss are now. In any case, I'm going to reserve it as soon as they release the date.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

What is it with everyone? GRAPHICS ISN'T EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K now thats out the way.. In case you hadn't noticed ALL of blizzard games have low computer requirements so that they attract the larger less 'Hardcore' gamers. I have a feeling that starcraft 2 is going to blow all the other RTS' off the shelf. :thumbsup:

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

well you'd be hard pushed to come up with something completely original looking in the sci-fi genre... Warhammer 40k pretty much has all corners covered on that one.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the people at Games Workshop haven't shot drop pods full of lawyers at Blizzard's offices.

Probably because the GW people are already swimming in cash and couldn't give less of a damn. That still doesn't make it right to shamelessly rip off their ideas.

What's the bet that when the Zerg units are revealed, they'll look even more like Tyranids than they already did?

Frankly, I'm surprised that the people at Games Workshop haven't shot drop pods full of lawyers at Blizzard's offices.

Probably because the GW people are already swimming in cash and couldn't give less of a damn. That still doesn't make it right to shamelessly rip off their ideas.

What's the bet that when the Zerg units are revealed, they'll look even more like Tyranids than they already did?

lol. i'd put money on it. GW must be so insanely wealthy... we know its overpriced peices of plastic... we know we shouldnt be paying that much... but... its got a 2+ armour save and an plasma cannon!! thats unbeatable!! heres 40 quid for 5 models.. load me up!

Also with warhammer online coming out theyr gonna get a whole lot wealthier

Tk5SF.png