[ONCE]project DONE! <warning> 660x8060 - 3,5 MB!! <

Azvareth

http://www.deviantart.com/view/14873681/

Yeah, well. Some of you may know that I started on quite a huge undertaking December last year ('04).

For those who don't, I will explain: basically, during my one week stay in Gran Canaria, I one day listened to Nightwish's most recent masterpeice, 'Once'. And as I was listening to 'Creek Mary's Blood', I thought to myself "god, this album is good enough to be made into images" (or something of that sort); making an individual image from the mental pictures I created in my head while listening to each track.

So I promised myself that, as soon as I returned home, I would start making them.

Yesterday (or technically yester-yesterday), two months later, I could finally say it's done. Most of the images were inspired my the name of the track, but I think that's pretty inevitable.

Btw, the little typos used in the pieces are lyrics from each song.

With that said, I will now post an explanation to each image and song here (if you don't read this, I will personally find you, then seriously damage your health):

- Dark Chest Of Wonders: from looking at the lyrics and hearing the song, I got an image of a black and empty world. Where all the sinners (not religiously-speaking) walk around as dark shades. Whereas the ones with innocence and pure souls can open the 'dark chest of wonders' and release paradise.

- Wish I Had An Angel: I know I said that I wouldn't use any pictures of the bandmembers, but I simply had to in this one. I know it's very similar to the "Wish I Had An Angel" single cover, but I can guarantee you all that I would have done it the exact same way regardless.

The song is quite petite and "cheerful" vocal-wise, but if you read the lyrics, they are somewhat dark. So I tried to convert and combine those two elements in this image: the picture of Tarja and the cloud scene in the background are meant to be the "lighter" element, and the dark angelwings and the quite... chaotic addon to the cloudscene are for the "darker" element. I also dodge-burned a bit under her eyes, to give a bit of "wickedness" to her. :P

- Nemo: in case you didn't know already, 'nemo' is latin for "no one". And I think I made that pretty clear in this one; i.e the shadow of an unknown character. While listening to the song, it also evoked an icy and cold feeling.

- Planet Hell: nothing much to say about this one really. As in 'Nemo', I think the image itself pretty much explains it all: a hell-like and chaotic world, but with some hope and innocence left.

- Creek Mary's Blood: this song is about the injustifiable and sickening actions against the natives in America.

The song created an image of a sun setting down over the prairie; the natives' last one.

- The Siren: hmmm... the name of the track, and the lyrics created this image in my head. Some sort of device to alarm everyone of what is to come. Much like the concept of a lighthouse, only for a bigger purpose.

- Dead Gardens: I got a picture of an old, since long forgotten, yet beautiful garden. Some things just gets better as they age. :D Erm...

- Romanticide: for this one, I automatically had a picture of a rather... dirty and filthy room, with a piano in it, which sort of subtly lights up the room a bit.

- Ghost Love Score: I'm actually not too fond of the result of this one. I wanted a powerful piece, that would basically make you back away a few steps, and I don't think I quite accomplished that. Either way, the image I had in my head was a dreamy winter-ish one, bright, and with a big majestic tree in it. However, I think the outcome is legit enough?

- Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan: it's a finnish track, and it means "Death Makes An Artist". The part of the song I can actually understand, is that it's about a man who's in a prisoncell, writing a letter to somebody. So I immediatelly thought of a filthy prisoncell, and a torn old man, on his deathbed, reaching out and repenting his crimes and wrongdoings. The typos are obviously in finnish, and means: oman taivaan tÃÆÃâÃâänne loin = I created my own heaven here; onna minun pÃÆÃâÃâäÃÆÃâÃâästÃÆÃâÃâä pois = allow me to go away.

- Higher Than Hope: this song is dedicated to a Nightwish fan, who died in cancer. He survived the first attack, but the second one took his life. His highest wish was to go to a Nightwish concert... and if I don't misrecall, he was at one, and he was brought up on stage during 'Walking In The Air', and he got standing ovations from the band.

Anywho... the first thing I thought of... was strangely enough the colour. A really intense orange-red colour. And a rocky and barren landscape.

This one will later be available in wallpaper-resolutions (1024x768). :)

I would like to thank ColAvanor for making the Nightwish tribe-logo to me, and a huge thankyou to everyone who's supported me.

(christ, sounds like I won somekind of olympic medal or something.)

Righto... finally done... - christ... this actually took me all day to write (more than 12 hours). But hey, at least I put thought behind the words... *sighsigh*

*passes out*

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

Whoa, very nice.

Those pictures are very... I don't know how to put it... effective? powerful?

Its just great. For two months of work, you deserve a lot of compliments.

I personally like "Dark Chest of Wonders", "Ghost Love Score", and "Higher than Hope".

MoguraTipit.jpeg

wow ..... those r awsome, they must have taken forever, great job on all of them i could only find one thing rong throught everything and u basically pointed it out

in the winter scene one the tree looks a little weird? it mite just be me

overall its unbelievable

u should win a medal :P

kc32dx4.gif

thanks to Etexbleu for the sig

"All of the pieces have so much time put into them. I really like your idea. And i must admit, I make pictures in my head to match the song. Those are some powerful picture that you've made, and I really respect you for undertaking such an incredible task, and you came trough beautifully."

That was my post on your devianation on the site. There really isn't much that i can say. They're extraordinary. Brilliant. *Favorited*

panoramiadk9.gif

"All of the pieces have so much time put into them. I really like your idea. And i must admit, I make pictures in my head to match the song. Those are some powerful picture that you've made, and I really respect you for undertaking such an incredible task, and you came trough beautifully."

That was my post on your devianation on the site. There really isn't much that i can say. They're extraordinary. Brilliant. *Favorited*

Speaking of DA, i think we should all go a bit out of our way and Fav it.

This deserves to get recognized :)

these definitly need recognition for all the time and effort put into this, they are all very very very very (etc. = ever to continue) brilliant

Yeah, i just did a journal kind of featuring it, hopefully it will get known some :)

http://nadril.deviantart.com/

(on front page :) )

Anyways, going to stop semi spaming this thread up :P

find a way to send this to nightwish or whatever their name is.

it's amazing

agreed, i think it would amaze them that someone would put so much time into and it would be interesting to hear what they think of when they sing the song.

panoramiadk9.gif

Whoa!

That's excellent!

Me loves Nightwish t00 :)

BTW, did you know that you made a typo in 10. Kuolema tekee taiteilijan part?

You wrote "Onna minun pÃÆÃâÃâäÃÆÃâÃâästÃÆÃâÃâä pois" instead of "Anna minun pÃÆÃâÃâäÃÆÃâÃâästÃÆÃâÃâä pois"...

And one more thing... Is this just me who thinks so, or does the man in

05. Creek Mary's Blood look somehow like... erm... our beloved president of America George W. Bush? :lol: :oops:

Wow... heh, thanks a lot everyone. Wasn't sure if I would recieve these kind of comments... or any at all, for that matter. :P

But don't think like you're obliged to like them just because I put a lot of time into them, because that is not what I want. Read the description I made to every song, then look at the image and see if it looks anything like I said.

And the typo on 'KTT' has been edited, and should be accurate now. :)

Also, as Witty said, and as I mentioned in my description, I used stockphotos to create the images. The site I mainly used was stock.xchng. A very very good site!

Oh yeah... thanks for the favs! :D

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

Whe hee, my first DA submission (the logo). Didn't know what it was for, but now I see what you were holding a secret. SWEET. :D

They are all great but I think there are a few that stand out. The last of them is my favourite, just brilliant. The garden one and the native american are also awesome. Lack of words....great! :shock:

Wow, ColAvanor actually likes it, then I guess it must be pretty good. :D

Uhmm, yeah, I just read that some of you think I should send this to the band... and, well... I guess I could do that... but I don't think they'd care much. But I'll give it a go nonetheless. Not much to lose.

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

The third one is the only half decent, neatly done one. The rest look rushed and poor. Why on earth would you save a file of that dimensions in .png? Don't you know how to use jpeg properly?

Devart is nothing now, it's just full of noised abstract shape noobs and wannabe photographers.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

OMG!111 LIEK THAT IS SO RUBBISH BCUZ I SAY SO!!1111 OMG!!!1 LEARN 2 DRAW!!11

Nah, they are awesome pictures, I like them because they're good pictures. Regardless of whether or not they look like the image you're trying portray. Very well done, time to promote! :D