Autoers (Oh no.. Not another autoers thread...)

Brad25891

I saw a thread with a list of about 50+ things that people claimed would "crash" the economy.

sure, if autoers were gone prices would shift a little bit. Merchants take advantage of the opportunity to jack up prices, but then other players will realize just how much of a profit they can make in the businesses autoers used to work in, and soon more money-needing workers will fill in the positions. Similar thing happened when blue dragon killers increased because of visage, then there were more bones and hides on the market that visage hunting players didnt need much, thus they sold for cheap and lowered prices. Then new prayers came out and the prices went up again, soon they became higher than original price. So, I would guess that after a bit of price confusion, soon fair prices would be established again.

Thankfully, all autoers can't just "dissappear". Sure, mass bans happen. but they haoppen every week. There will always be autoers, so auto purging will be a steady progress, not just one economy-shifting jump of auto-bans.

Just like americans rely on many illegal immigrants to work cheaply to keep prices low, Runescapians also depend on illegal autoers to control gp prices as well. Its a sort of black market-clean market mutual agreement that seems to keep everyone somewhat happy and somewhat sane.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

jagex waits long to ban them, just for one reason, they try to trace the autoers down to their main account, which is basicly hard to do...

but if they deleted all autoers, or found a way to detect flawlessy the autoers between the legit players... we would have to pick all our flax ourselves!!

Take your time to post on my blog please!

underbanner_proto.jpg

Open up your hate and let it flow into me, madness is the gift that has been given to me...

Autoers lower the cost of *everything*, that is the problem that some people do not seem to realize. Yes, they lower the cost of raw materials so that players can get their 99's cheaper - or so you would think. But it also lowers the amount of money a real player can make as well. Which lowers the amount they can spend on *other* raw materials than the ones they gather.

It's the hand-made vs. walmart situation. Cheap sweatshop labor does make it easier to buy goods for people with lower incomes, but moving that labor off onto another countries shoulders for pennies simply removes jobs from the country buying the goods. Yes, everything is cheaper, but everyone is also poorer at the same time.

1) Jagex has no way of stopping autoers. It's impossible.

2) You can create an auto for anything in the entire game. I'm sure a Barrows autoer wouldn't be unlikely.

Unlikely, no. Difficult to program, yeah.

The prices of raw materials would go up to their old values. People would stop merchanting and actually work for their money. Life would be better, and Jagex could stop trying to combat bots and put all of their attention on bigger and better updates.

I wish it was possible. <3:

Pasty.png

I hate them, but I love what they do for the game. I mean, everything is so cheap, imagine, pure ess like 250 gp ea, yew logs 600 ea, sharks 2k ea I mean, those maybe way overpriced, but I think the prices could get pretty close.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I hate them, but I love what they do for the game. I mean, everything is so cheap, imagine, pure ess like 250 gp ea, yew logs 600 ea, sharks 2k ea I mean, those maybe way overpriced, but I think the prices could get pretty close.

When there wasn't pure ess yet, f2p people were mining ess for a living. The price was fluctuating around 30 each. The bots came and flooded the market. Jagex was forced to invent pure ess. The price of ess went up.

Hence bots in fact increased the price of essence, NOT lowered it. And they ruined a clean money making activity for f2pers.

Hence there is nothing positive about autoers regarding ess.

The same principle can be applied to other raw material. If the bots weren't there actual people would be able to skill and make money to skill more.

Now it all comes down to a small group of people who buy gp with real money. They use it for expensive activities on runescape, such as staking, buying party hats, easy skilling.

In conclusion I fail therefore to see anything positive about autoers, bots, macroers.

The game would run fine without them. The game is castrated for a group of people with them; i.e the people in need to make gp with low skill levels.

If all the autoers suddenly disappeared then it would take some time but the prices will go up alot. Less people will stop buying supplies and more people will start gathering them.

If the price of fish goes then the price of cooked will go up and this will effect pkers etc...

If the price of logs goes up the the price of bows will go up, Imagine loosing 1k per alch :ohnoes:

plod2.png Click for blog!

plod2.png

Watch great videos!

http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=plod64

HOLY CRAP ! Maples just rised to 3k each :shock:

FARWELL CRAP WORLD *Jumps out of window with a rope around neck*

lol

By playing the minigame Manage thy kingdom you can get them for 56gp each I believe.

And free bird's nests on top of that.

We would welcome a price raise of maples to 3k each. Just like we would welcome a world without war. Neither of them is going to happen.