Construction Confusion

jayc3399

Hello all, I'm trying to level construction and I know that Oak Larders are the best, I was wondering should I cut the logs or buy them? which would be faster, and should I use the plank make spell from the lunars or a servant? which would be cheaper and/or faster?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I'm going to use larders, What I wanted to know was weather I should use:

Servant or Plank Make Spell

Cut Logs( time wise it fits) or Buy logs

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

making larders is faster, but if u want more exp for ur planks, doing oak bookcases is the best, with 9 planks (1 over amount u need for larder) u get 60 more xp than larders

oak larder uses 8 planks - 480xp = 60xp per plank

oak bookcase uses 3 planks - 180xp = 60xp per plank

erh??!!

making larders is faster, but if u want more exp for ur planks, doing oak bookcases is the best, with 9 planks (1 over amount u need for larder) u get 60 more xp than larders

mm it's 60 xp per plant no matter what you make with them, so you want to make the thing using the most planks possible so it's less clicking.

oak logs are cheap to buy. The real question is do you buy the planks or do you plank the logs yourself?

That's bassically the only thing to consider with con training, do you wants speed or less cost?

That's all down to opinion and your moneymaking skills. I do a bit of both.

Buy the logs - oaks go for about 30 - 35 per log. At only 60 construction xp per log you need loads. Although these can be cut relatively quickly, it all adds to the time taken.

I don't have the lunar make log spell yet, and I tend to use the balloon from Castle wars to Varrock lumber yard and ring of recoil to tele back.

With boots of lightness and spotted / spottier cape you can manage 22 logs per trip due to weight restriction on the balloon.

The lunar spell does look promising though as it will make log production incredibly quick.

Having the servant take the logs to the lumber yard takes too long imo and adds to the cost as you end up paying the servants wage more often. Just having them unote the planks allows you to build / remove the larders much more smoothly.

I thought Carved Oak Dining Tables were the best, while I do that I charge people to use my guilded alter :) . The plank-make spell is used for mainly magic xp, if you want construction xp, fast construction xp, then buy planks. If you want it a lot cheaper, and a little slower, buy logs and run planks.

coza17.png