F2P crafting...tiaras?

Screwball

I've heard it suggested that tiaras are probably the best way to train crafting for F2P, but I'm wondering what the heck to do with them all? I've been selling to general stores, but it seems like a waste. Is this really the best method? Is there a market for plain tiaras in bulk?

I don't even like crafting. I just want level 70 so I can say I'm "done" with it, even though I'll probably never make a single diamond amulet. Still, I'd like to make as much profit as possible in the process. Should I just STFU and think of the mining and smithing XP as payment (I've been mining my own silver)?

Note: I do always cut my gems (then sell them to gem shops ASAP, due to bank space).

I am F2P-only and therefore all my statements will reflect that and should be read accordingly.

Ack! You sell your gems to shops? Not a good idea - you should mine and smelt some gold to make amulets with, and then alch. If you save up your gems for a month or 2, you can easily save up enough gems to get some good crafting exp from making them into amulets - and then a nice return from alching them all.

For serious training, just keep mining that silver. The mining and smithing exp is worth the time. It's the fastest way to get crafting materials without buying them. As for what to do with them - you could alch them, or buy/collect air and body tallies and train runecrafting. If you aren't keen on the idea of losing money for magic exp through alching, just keep selling them to general stores. I like to keep a nice stock of air tiaras around, because I craft air runes a lot and will often run into people willing to pay 1k for an air tiara.

Ack! You sell your gems to shops? Not a good idea - you should mine and smelt some gold to make amulets with, and then alch. If you save up your gems for a month or 2, you can easily save up enough gems to get some good crafting exp from making them into amulets - and then a nice return from alching them all.

I had been saving them for quite a while, but I wanted those 4 bank slots so I sold them all (cut) to players. I've never read any guide that suggested amulets for training -- if you do everything yourself, tiaras are a 3 step process where amulets are 7 (assuming you already have uncuts). So, I figured I'd cut all future gems then just unload them at the shops. You're right though, it would be nice to get some magic XP on the side, in addition to the mining & smithing. And I'd make a profit. Hmm...

For serious training, just keep mining that silver. The mining and smithing exp is worth the time. It's the fastest way to get crafting materials without buying them. As for what to do with them - you could alch them, or buy/collect air and body tallies and train runecrafting. If you aren't keen on the idea of losing money for magic exp through alching, just keep selling them to general stores. I like to keep a nice stock of air tiaras around, because I craft air runes a lot and will often run into people willing to pay 1k for an air tiara.

Yeah, I do hate to alch at a loss. I know alching is the best way to train magic, but I try to stick with combat spells for the hitpoints XP.

I'm starting to regret selling off my gems, but I hated to see them just sitting there taking up space. It's not like I'm going to make an amulet every time I mine a gem, LOL.

*sigh* Tiaras it is I guess.

I am F2P-only and therefore all my statements will reflect that and should be read accordingly.

If you get a member friend, he/she could sell them to the charter ships. These ships buy for more than the average shop, so you could make a little more cash. However, if you are making a loop (like crafting guild-furnace-gen store-crafting guild) then you should just sell as you run by.

nh.jpg

If you get a member friend, he/she could sell them to the charter ships. These ships buy for more than the average shop, so you could make a little more cash. However, if you are making a loop (like crafting guild-furnace-gen store-crafting guild) then you should just sell as you run by.

i agree

Hephaestos8.gif

Thanks. I'll do tiaras. The Tip.It calculators also helped to convince me, when I saw how much it will raise my mining and smithing. A possible alternative would be unstrung symbols, but I figure other players would be happier to see tiaras in the stores.

why do jagex made only tiaras....tiaras are for girls...us guys wear crowns right...man i look a sissy especially with my long blonder hair..Zzz..

lol... u need to come out more..

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

Mix it - half & half tiaras and symbols, as you don't give away much xp, but you do much better at the stores.

I'll give away my favourite route (40 crafting):

Start: Falador

1. Equip pickaxe, brown apron, air tiara, + light kit if you run from combat randoms or good armour if to fight rock golems.

2. Inventory (& reload) Water rune, law rune, 26 ess

3. Go to Air altar, craft runes (result, 25 spaces & air runes)

4. Go to crafting guild and mine silver and/or gold. Use stairs or door to escape a Golem, as they now throw rocks.

If you get any gems, pick up the chisel and cut them, unless you are going to trade uncuts.

5. Collect moulds - more moulds mean less ores carried, but a better store price when you mix up the items. For silver and a little gold, using both silver moulds and altermating the gold moulds ofetn woks out well.

6. Teleport to Falador, the airs you made at step 3 complete the spell.

7. Smelt & craft

8. Sell at the store, moulds as well.

9. run back to the bank and reload, repeat.

Gold without gems is not great xp, but bumps the cash per run up from just silver.

Mix it - half & half tiaras and symbols, as you don't give away much xp, but you do much better at the stores.

I'll give away my favourite route (40 crafting):

Start: Falador

1. Equip pickaxe, brown apron, air tiara, + light kit if you run from combat randoms or good armour if to fight rock golems.

2. Inventory (& reload) Water rune, law rune, 26 ess

3. Go to Air altar, craft runes (result, 25 spaces & air runes)

4. Go to crafting guild and mine silver and/or gold. Use stairs or door to escape a Golem, as they now throw rocks.

If you get any gems, pick up the chisel and cut them, unless you are going to trade uncuts.

5. Collect moulds - more moulds mean less ores carried, but a better store price when you mix up the items. For silver and a little gold, using both silver moulds and altermating the gold moulds ofetn woks out well.

6. Teleport to Falador, the airs you made at step 3 complete the spell.

7. Smelt & craft

8. Sell at the store, moulds as well.

9. run back to the bank and reload, repeat.

Gold without gems is not great xp, but bumps the cash per run up from just silver.

This is a very cool plan. I had intended to calculate the silver needed to reach my goal, mine and bank it at guild/Fally, then go make all the tiaras at Kharid. I wasn't looking forward to it, but your method sounds like it would break up the drudgery a bit, even if it is ultimately slower.

I'll try it, thanks!