Pixel avatar - first pixel sig ^_^

samurai_lassie

If you went for the revolting zombie undead look, you hit the nail on the head. (Quite literally by using a board with a nail through it).

:D

I must say artistically, I cannot produce anything regardless of medium (pencil or paint) so this pretty much owns me :D

RSN: aar0j

untitled1copyod7.jpg

created 24/08/07

Sorry but unless you are magic that was not coloured with a pixel style program like paint, it's obviously photoshop or something because theres about 300 colours or something mad there, and it isn't even a jpeg.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

and it isn't even a jpeg.

So?

People save as PNG's because JPEG looses quality.

Exactly, so it uses more colors.

Nice first pixel, better than mine.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

and it isn't even a jpeg.

So?

People save as PNG's because JPEG looses quality.

I was using it to back up the point that it isn't a pixel because of the amount of colours used, generally when you save as a jpg it makes the amount of colours shoot up. Zoom into his "pixel" and you'll see what I mean about the colours, no way did he individually select all those colours therefor it must've been done in a non pixel program like photoshop or something.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Sorry but unless you are magic that was not coloured with a pixel style program like paint, it's obviously photoshop or something because theres about 300 colours or something mad there, and it isn't even a jpeg.

May i note i am 12 i do not have a PC i have a Mac so i can not use MS paint i found a link to a program called sea shore it is not quiet as good as photo shop however it is better then paint and offers a large amount of tools.

I have used MS paint before and it seems to be the same but i dont know any thing about this pixel stuff as i said i was bored and decided to make something.

May i have helpful comments which will improve my work?

563rd to 99 mining on 15/08/07

99 Farming

He's stating that it's not really a "pixel art" due to the fact you didn't place each individual colour in each spot, which is obvious because of the amount of colours used. You must of used something like blurring or something to change multiple pixels at once, which takes away from the fact of it being a pixel art.

Also yeah, Png saves the quality, so if it has had the same quality saved, then theoretically he's put on the entire 300 pixels by himself, which if he really DID do that, then he really could of used a heck lot less and probably made it look more effective.

Point is he didn't put on all 300 pixels himself, thus it's not a pixelart technically.

signiture2ug9.gif

99 / 99 Mining

89 / 99 Smithing

87 / 90 Strength

SKILL TOTAL: 1836 / 2000

He probably used an anti-alias set brush to draw it.

Pixel art is usually defined as the manual placement of all the pixels in the image, using very little or no outside tools to help, such as bucket, blurring or blending tools.

spacescenev24.jpg

Sea shore does not house a blurring tool :| im pretty positive that i put all those pixels on lawl. May i have some comments that will help inprove it next time and okay it isnt a pixel art work then :roll: .

563rd to 99 mining on 15/08/07

99 Farming

Sea shore does not house a blurring tool :| im pretty positive that i put all those pixels on lawl. May i have some comments that will help inprove it next time and okay it isnt a pixel art work then :roll: .

Try making yourself a palette(sp) so that you don't have something like 300 colors. You could have made the same piece with alot less, like maybe 10. Just use the eyedropper to pick the color you want then use a pencil tool to pencil in each of the colors where you want them.

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg