can i kill barrows effectively?

Brollygerman

Don't go to barrows you'll die way to easily atleast get 72+ in all combat.

Also read this Guide

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

If you try karil without prayer, you'll lose most of your food because you will take a while killing him. Ahrim can hit you fairly easily because of your low magic level, guthan can hit you easily and heal off you, and verac can probably consistently hit you. Your best bet is to use prayer pots on karil and ahrim and try to safespot dharok and the rest of the melee brothers in the tunnels (only if you know all the safespots because they can still own you if you mess up).

zixiao123.png

for the first time, pray on everyone. Take about 5 ppot 4s, The best d-hide you can wear, an MSB, a tele-tab, runes for slayer dart, a weapon, and the rest sharks. Wear a holy ammy and proselyte armor. Pray on all of them, in this order. Karil, Ahrim, Dharok, Verac, Torag, Guthan. (The reason I am suggesting a different order is to conserve prayer more)

After your first run, try to do Verac, Torag, and Guthan without prayer. Ahrim can be done without prayer at level 70+ range. Karil can be attempted without prayer when your melee stats are in the 90s. Dharok should never be attempted without prayer.

nh.jpg

err no no :shame: with his stats i dont recommend doing any of the brothers without prayer as u will just waste a lot of food...maybe even more than if u simply used ppots...ive 99 def and there have been occasions when torag hits me 20+ twice in a row...although ppl say verac can hit through prayer, with a low def lvl and no pray he wil probably be hitting you a few 20+...and unless you have a high mage and def lvl dont range ahrim without prayer...he can hit consistent 20. i wear full blk d hide, 95 mage, 99 def and dont use pray but he can still hit 20+ quite often...usually need at least 1-2 lobs for ahrim without pray. take note that for guthan wear your best melee armour AND pray since even if u pray he can still heal himself on u.

i would really suggest raising your stats but since you say u are rich then splurge on the ppots...but then again most probably u will be making a lost.

if you raised your stats first you...i usually complete one whole trip with 1 pray pot (4 doses) that is when i start with 0 prayer. if i used ancients...at most 1 dose only ;)

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

i do following: Dh as first with prayer, the mage guy wih the rest of prayer points, use 1 dose prayer pot for range and do the other guys.. all with half prayer half food.. i use 2 prayer pots (4) (max 2 1/2) and 8-10 sharks... so trips cost me only about 30k... so i think i can kill effectively

brollygerman.png

brollygerman.png

Goal Reched Sep 10th 2007

if you raised your stats first you...i usually complete one whole trip with 1 pray pot (4 doses) that is when i start with 0 prayer. if i used ancients...at most 1 dose only ;)

With my stats, I can almost always do a run without using a ppot. The only time I'd even think about it is if I'm low on food with karil in the tunnel.

Also, why are you using lobsters for barrows? Monkfish cost about the same gp per health, and they heal 16 in 1 bite as opposed to 12.

nh.jpg

i do following: Dh as first with prayer, the mage guy wih the rest of prayer points, use 1 dose prayer pot for range and do the other guys.. all with half prayer half food.. i use 2 prayer pots (4) (max 2 1/2) and 8-10 sharks... so trips cost me only about 30k... so i think i can kill effectively

you might not even be able to kill dharok without some prayer pots. Ahrim will take you at least 2 doses with your stats. karil will probably take 3 doses for you, maybe more since he's not as easy to kill with magic as the melee brothers and you can't melee him. Verac you should pray on the whole time since he can hit you pretty easily without pray. You will probably need to pray on guthan the whole time because he can heal fast. So overall, you need at least 3 prayer pots (probably more). I still suggest learning the safespots in the tunnels and do all the melee brothers in there.

Best food is potato with cheese. They're only 16 gp ea in the warrior's guild and heals 16, a lot better than lobbies and monks.

zixiao123.png

haha im talking about without going to any alter to recharge your prayer...so usually ill use 2 doses on karil (kill him first) and with left over pray go do dharok and use another pray does = 3 doses although sometimes i drink another dose cause u cant be too safe around dharok...ive died to him at least twice but ironically ive never died to him when i use ancients

oh yea i think ill switch to monks but only after ive finished using the lobs since i bought quite a large amount of raws to train cooking.

instead of using all sharks u could bring like 3/4 monks and 1/4 sharks since sharks are like way more expensive and should only be used in emergency cases such as ahrim or verac getting lucky when u arent using prayer. for dharok if he gets lucky...just click on the ectophial dont even try and run up the tomb/heal/side step him in tomb.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png