review any of your favorite(or least fav) games here

Harakiri

Here you can review whatever game you feel like. I guess I will do a sample so you got a guidline. (if someone already reviewed the game you wanted to review you can still review it. I let any one have an opinion and no flaming for bad reviews. If you dont like a review of a game make another review yourself for it.)

God of war (PS2)

This was the first PS2 game I had ever played. I bought it due to everyone saying it was in the top 5 best PS2 games list. I played the first level and was instantly hooked by the great graphics and really neat sword combos and moves. It started off looking like a straight platformer but then puzzles came in to play and some of them annoyed the hell out of me. Still though, the story was great and the game was pretty straightforward where controls are concerned. I would recommend this to anyone who has a PS2. It might be a good idea to get used to the controls. Lots of button mashing and hitting the right buttons at the right time.

THE GOOD:

*Easy to learn controls

*great story

*Good graphics

*One of the bloodiest and goriest games ever

*challenging puzzles to get you thinking (and sometimes fighting).

THE BAD:

*terrible camera can sometimes piss you off.

GRAPHICS: 9.5

Story:10

Controls:10

Sound:9.5

ALL Together score:

All reviews post here. All games must be console games. Accept all C.D ROM games but no free games on the internet. (E.G Runescape)

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

[hide=BIG review..]Half Life 2 (Xbox)

Half Life 2 is the continuing story of Gordon Freeman from Half Life 1. It is about Gordon Freeman (duh), who used to work at Black Mesa Research Facility. Something happens in Black Mesa, and aliens are unleashed from the planet Xen. I won't bother to spoil the rest. In Half Life 2, Gordon wakes up..supposedly a few decades later after a mysterious figure named the G-man put him into a stasis. By now, the Combine have taken over Earth..leaving Dr. Breen as the leader of the world pretty much, besides the Combine themselves. They have forced citizens to live in cities for Safety because of Portal storms caused by the events in Half Life 1. From there, you continue the story.

GAMEPLAY: Great. It fits perfectly almost..the only complaint I have is the location of Weapon Selection (D-pad), but that was inevitable because of the controller. It is very responsive. The physics engine in this game is simply the BEST. 10/10

GRAPHICS: Almost perfect for the Xbox. Although not as good as the PCs, they are still quite pleasing to look at. Great lighting effects..not to mention the realistic facial expressions. The weapons look great too. 9/10

Story: Confusing if you haven't played HL1. It is still great. 7/10

BOREDOM FACTOR: You mght become bored during Sandtraps and Nova prospekt or one of those levels...I sure did..but the rest of the game is amazingly fun to play. 8/10

GRAVITY GUN: The GG is simply the best thing ever to hit the xbox, or video gaming in general. Simply put, it manipulates gravity and objects realistically using the most amazing/realistic physics engine known to man. Because of the GG, I'm adding 1 point to final score.

FINAL SCORE: 9.5!! Almost perfect. A must have for every FPS fan, or xbox owner.[/hide]

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Same here for your review Adam. I really thought it was pretty good but some of the jumping over sandtraps was a pain in the [wagon]. Best part of the game...using the upgraded gravity gun and throwing enemies like rag dolls into a body decinegrater.

The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion (XBOX360)

Summary: I rented this game off a friend's recommendation very skeptically, that is until I popped it in and started playing, it has great graphics, and has almost endless customization possiblilities.

Game Content: 9.0 (Excellent)

-Almost infinite customization options

-Great main story that you can do at your leisure

-Tons oif other quest

-Dungeon crawling can get a bit repetitive with the same basic principles

Playability: 7.5 (Good)

- Bugs that can easily be patched in the PC version cannot on the XBOX version.

-No console

-Very nice controls

- Junky 3rd person camera

Garaphics: 9.5 (Excellent.)

-Lush detailed enviroments.

Total: 34.5/40

-Weapons and armor are highly detailed.

-Just looks spectacular on an HD TV

-NPC's faces are kinda weird looking.

Sound: 8.5 (Excellent)

-Great Soundtrack even though there are so few songs

- The music protrays the mood of the situation you are in well.

-Some of the dialouge bits get extremely annoying

Outcome

[hide=Review for Gears of War]Gears of War

Good:

-Interesting back-story

-The 3rd person view is a change from Unreal-style FPS games like Halo.

-The graphics are like nothing you've ever seen before, easily one of the best, if not the best in any console.

-Innovative new features for the shooter genre, like the reload bar for example.

-Good pacing in the campaign, and an incredibly fun co-op.

-The online multiplayer is great, and can give the game a much longer life.

Bad:

-The storyline. Seriously, is that the best Epic could do?

-A bland selection of weapons. Sure, they do the job, but a little originality would be nice.

-I don't know if it's just me, but the online achievements are a real pain to get, and hardly provide enough gamerpoints as reward.

Summary:

Graphics: 10

Story: 5

Controls: 10

Sounds/ambience: 10

Overall entertainment: 9.5[/hide]

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

I like the guy who said gears of wars' weapon choices were unoriginal...Nothing more unoriginal than a machine gun with a chain saw, grenades with a handy chain on them to make throwing easier and a crossbow with exploding arrows, afterall.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Reveiw for Resistance Fall of Man.

Gameplay

This has a really good story line. You have to battle against the chimera in britain. you can play alone or play cooperatative with a friend.

The enemies are quite inteligent. compared with other military games.

Graphics

This games normal graphics would be about 8/10 for a PS3.

Online Mode.

This make the game really good. you can a max of 40 players in a match with loads of different types of matches like Deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag and lots more. there is also a rank system.

i am ranked Captain. You can give your character new accesseries as you move up the ranks.

Bad points

The conversation center in Grimsby is quite boring.

And even on superhuman the chimera can not tag you with the bullseye.

Overall

Resistance is a really good FPS. Probily still the most popular game on the

PS3. Rating: 99.99999%

[hide=MVP Baseball 2005 - Xbox]

Gameplay:

Really simple controls. A, B, Y, X, Black buttons to pitch, ABYX to throw, and all that. Theres lots of different things you can do including unlocking "achievements" (likes on the 360 kind of), home run contest, pitching/batting minigames, ect... Also 4 different difficulties where Rookie is really good for beginners, and MVP is really good for long-time players looking for a challenge. Also in the Pro and Rookie modes theres the Hitter's Eye, which is a great feature which makes batting easier and more fun.

Graphics:

Not very good, but meh, what do you expect from a game made in 2005 on the original X-Box :-w Gameplay makes up for it though. Also some of the batting stances + player designs are really good. Some really good player designs that I've noticed are V. Guerrero, and M. Ramirez.

Online Mode:

Used to be really fun to play on X-Box live, but now they shut down the servers or something, because it doesn't work for me (Halo 2 Live does, not my connection)

Bad Points:

Sometimes glitchy (rarely), like when you hit it into the triangle at Fenway sometimes the fielder can't get the ball, and it ends up being an Inside-The-Park-Home-Run. Also sometimes the fielders get magnets on their gloves, so when the ball goes by them they magically catch it :lol: (another glitch).

Overall:

Gameplay: 9/10

Graphics: 6/10 (good for an '05 Xbox Game)

Online Mode: 0/10 (doesn't work)

Final Score: 8/10 (really is 5/10 if I do the final score right, but that's not fair because of the online play)

BUY THIS GAME IF YOU CAN.[/hide]

I like the guy who said gears of wars' weapon choices were unoriginal...Nothing more unoriginal than a machine gun with a chain saw, grenades with a handy chain on them to make throwing easier and a crossbow with exploding arrows, afterall.

Oh yea, two weapons, The lancer and torquebow are hardly unique, and the swinging aspect of the grenades has absolutely no use at all.

Stick a bayonet on a rifle. Yea, original. I can imagine Epic going "Hmm, the lancer blows. Lets make the bayonet a chainsaw, that'll sell it!". And exploding arrows I remember in the first Rambo movie around 20 years old. Honestly, I think the torque bow may be way more original than lancer, but even it is hardly innovative in itself.

And the other weapons? Shotgun. Sniper rifle. Pistol. Oh, two pistols. The weapons of gears is very, very generic.

It's definitely not the worst, but coming from the company that made Unreal Tournament, you'd expect some better weapons.

Oh yea, two weapons, The lancer and torquebow are hardly unique, and the swinging aspect of the grenades has absolutely no use at all.

Stick a bayonet on a rifle. Yea, original. I can imagine Epic going "Hmm, the lancer blows. Lets make the bayonet a chainsaw, that'll sell it!". And exploding arrows I remember in the first Rambo movie around 20 years old. Honestly, I think the torque bow may be way more original than lancer, but even it is hardly innovative in itself.

And the other weapons? Shotgun. Sniper rifle. Pistol. Oh, two pistols. The weapons of gears is very, very generic.

It's definitely not the worst, but coming from the company that made Unreal Tournament, you'd expect some better weapons.

I am sorry to say but in G-phoria and about every other game awards show this year it has won all awards that it was nominated for except for 1. Gears of war kicks major cabbage!

ooo you guys have great reviews Gears of wars sounds like a good game, but I have a question: can somebody review the Final Fantasy games please?
Ill do this.

Give me time though, I have to complete more of them :-w

Ill find time to review VIII,IX,X, and X-2

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I am sorry to say but in G-phoria and about every other game awards show this year it has won all awards that it was nominated for except for 1. Gears of war kicks major cabbage!

Who ever doubted that Gears was an incredibly fun game? I just said some parts of it wasn't very innovative. But other than that, it's great; I did give it a 9.5 in my review after all. ::'

FABLE: The lost Chapters

PLATFORM(S): Xbox, PC

RATING: M for Blood, Strong Language, Violence, Sexual Themes

PLATFORM BEING REVIEWED: Xbox

[hide=Fable]Ok. I'm sure we ALL know about Fable.

STORY: You are a young, 18 year old male. In your past, in the village of Oakvale, you lived a peaceful life. One day, bandits attacked..and your world was ended forever. You were taken into the Heroes' Guild to be trained as a Hero..in order to fight for good..or for evil. You literally make your own story in this game. Simple..not too linear..and leaves a lot of room for the player to determine. 10/10

GAMEPLAY: Very responsive. The Xbox controller feels very, very good with this game. The only complaints I have are the way you switch weapons. I thought that the whole white/black button weapon switch was kind of easy to confuse..it actually got me killed once. That's another complaint..if you make money and buy health potions, you're just about immortal. Good luck dying. 8/10

GRAPHICS: Very good looking. The lighting is great..the NPCs look, act, and respond like real people almost. Very, very good. 9/10

AI: Almost perfect. The NPCs actually RESPOND like real people. Say, you're a really Holy, almost angelic old man (you also age in the game..later)..people will seem like they respect you, they will praise your name and title (also later)..on the other hand, if you are the guy who kills anybody if they look at you the wrong way, they will cower as you stand before them, scream and beg for mercy, drop crates and items in order to flee before you can see them. If you greet them, they may respond nervously..as if scared of you. Sometimes, they'll just RUN. 9/10

CUSTOMIZATION: I love the customization. You literally create your characters backstory. You can give him tattoos, buy clothing..and you even get battle scars as you go through the game. Your character ages as you level him up, and you can make your own image that the world of Albion will view as you create it. 10/10

OVERALL: 9.5/10 - There are few flaws..overall, it is a must-have for any RPG fan or xbox owner. If you're not into it..at LEAST rent it. Or borrow it. Or borrow without intent of returning it ;)[/hide]

Ok. That was my review for FABLE.

[hide=Lost chapters content rating]

ADDITIONS: Not many. There is a new island to the north, which contains the Necropolic, a second battle with the Jack of Blades, 2 new good/evil helmets, new legendary weapons, Archon's Battle Armor, as well as 1 or 2 new towns.

WORTH IT?: I say yes. If you're reading this to decide upon the game, it should be cheap enough to buy. A must have if you like Fable.[/hide]

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Sorry for 2 reviews in a row.

STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic (AKA: KOTOR)

Platform: PC and XBOX

RATING: T for Violence..although there is some language too.

[hide=Review of one of the greatest games out there.]

STORY: You are a soldier in the Republic Fleet. Your ship is damaged, and you are assigned to go to Taris to see what happened to 2 lost escape pods and find Bastila. Along the way, you go through your character's life.

GAMEPLAY: Perfect. Easy to learn, a challenge to master..it's a very addicting game. There are no flaws in Gameplay. 10/10

GRAPHICS: Good, although they could be better. Then again, it is an older game..so by today's standards, they aren't great. At the time, they were amazing though. I will go by yesterday's graphical standards..they were almost perfect. 9/10

CHARACTER: You have multiple choices on how you will play through the story, based on actions and personality. Kind of like Fable's system. There are enough things to do in this game to where you literally feel like you are in the Star Wars universe. 10/10

OVERALL FUN: This game kept ME entertained for HOURS. I'm a very spontaneous person..it's difficult for me to stay sitting down for 1 or 2 hours on a single game. I could spend all DAY on this. It's very fun and immersible..a very fun game. 10/10

OVERALL: I hate that this is not perfect..because of some graphical flaws. But, hey..graphics aren't everything. I know this doesn't add up right, but this game is no less than perfect..even if the graphics are a little outdated.

10/10 - A definite must have for every Xbox owner, RPG fan, and Star Wars fan. Heck, forget that. A must have for every Gamer.[/hide]

Absolutely perfect.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Ok, I'll review my favorite FPS of all time:

Duke Nukem 3D

Story-8/10

OH NOES, Duke's ship got shot down by...Aliens? Yes, and now he's pissed. So, let's see...numerous chapters throughout the game set in different places, indoors and outdoors, and he's loaded with the best weapons a guy like Duke Nukem could ask for. So, he travels through time and space (srsly, space.) to kill all of these aliens and...SPOILER:

He kills the mother alien at the end. HOORAY, it's OVER! Or...is it? Well, seeing as Duke Nukem forever's been in production for over 10 years, it might just be over, but we can all hope that it'll come out before the end of 2010.

Gameplay-9/10

Although it might not be the MOST original (i.e. it has some DOOM elements to it), at least his gun's not in the middle of the screen, right? Anyways, seeing as how Duke Nukem 3D came out in good ol '96, it's nice being able to have control over where you aim vertically AND horizontally. Many of the weapons (including pistols, shotguns, a shrinkray, a gun that can freeze enemies, pipebombs, tripwire, rocket launchers (or locket raunchers as I used to call them when I was 5 <.< ), duel grenade launchers, and old reliable: the mighty boot) have different functions as you can see, and most are very original and nicely thought up. The game also holds many different items to use, such as jetpacks, scuba diving gear, nightvision goggles, and a spiffy physics engine (looky there, if ya shoot da yellow tanks, dey blow up!). There are also the keycards you have to find throughout many levels, used to open up locked doors with corresponding colors to their cards.

Graphics: 7/10

Ok, so maybe they aren't the coolest looking graphics in the world (here's a link to a screenshot:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/Duke_Nukem_3D_Assualt_Trooper.png) , but come on, the game was made in 1996, you can't expect Half-Life 2-like graphics. Even if the graphics aren't a strong point to the game, they really do make it humorous at times.

Sound: 10/10

The sound is what completes the greatness of the game. The theme song to the game (titled Grabbag, which I have on my ITunes list :P ) is freaking amazing. The sound effects are excellent, but not even that is the greatest part. Duke's lines throughout the game are hillarious to those who've seen Army of Darkness/Evil Dead, and if you can catch some he makes spoof comments on other movies and games.

Originality: 8/10

I couldn't find too many things un-original about this game, seeing as it was made before first person shooters were so popular (except for DOOM, I guess that's what got the genre started, and DN3D is much better than DOOM), it has many original themes, weapons, and gameplay elements to it. A few of the weapons had probably never been done before in a game before its time, and they're the shrinkray, the freezing gun, and tripwires. You've gotta hand it to the guys at 3D Realms, they came up with some pretty sweet ideas for the weapons, the trip wires especially! There's also teleportation throughout maps, swimming, flying with a jetpack, and blowing through parts of walls to get to secret areas with an explosive weapon. But, I've gotta say that the most original part of the game is...the enemies. You've got your Terroristic-walking tiger (seen in the linked screenshot above...you can also find them on the toilet sometimes :anxious: ), your Pig-Cop, your Octa-Brain, and the weird, pooping alien beings. Well yea, that's pretty original.

Overall: 9/10

The game's too good to receive anything lower than a 9, and I feel inclined to give it a 10, but there are definitely some drawbacks. Mainly the outdated graphics could be a put-down to many, but seriously, the game is AMAZING. The gameplay is great, the selection of weapons is awesome, and the pooping monsters are hilarious. Along with Duke's repotoir of sayings and, of course, the small task of saving the world, the game will live on as a classic FPS for a long time.

As long as Duke Nukem Forever's still in production, that is :wink:

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

KOTOR was fun. I can't say it was perfect but I love that you can choose the lightside and darkside and it is fun.

I think the story was good too. My favorite moment had to be when you were on the sith planet and basically killed everyone. Yup, training to be evil and hell, just cuz I am bored I will kill my peers and teachers...and head master...and guards.

The second game had a good story explaining a lot if you read the books but it just was somewhat the same and not as long. Most levels bored the living crap out of me with boring enviroments and more than enough useless parts where you talk to someone for ten minutes only to get nothing out of them. The story was up to my standards but I think that KOTOR 2 was not as good as its predecessor.

KOTOR:9.9

I have to say that as a person who hates RPG's, I found it really good. But then again, that may be cuz I am a major star wars geek.

KOTOR 2: 8.0

I am sorry to say that the story is the only reason I did not give it a worse review. Many people say it is good but I just could not get into it very much and hated all the senseless conversations. KOTOR 1 usually would not have senseless conversations.

Now for more star wars game reviews:

Battlefront:

A really fun game. I did not find much of a story in it but fighting in the major battles in the star wars universe was fun. It was addictive but I got to say I like battlefront 2 more.

Battlefront 2 had a more story driven campaign and allowed you to play in more big battles. This game also allows you to play as jedi and sith, which rocks. Favorite part: Killing Ewoks using Darth Vader.

Lego Star wars is truly one of the most genius games I have ever played. Cute and fun enough for children but hard enough to please hard core game fans. This was a somewhat funny and easy game. I will not take off points for how simple it was.

Lego Star Wars 2 is even better than the original. More things to unlock, character customazation. A funnier game too.

Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith is truly a bad game. Sword play is fun but the game just does not work out. You fight through like three levels with robots before you finally fight count Dooku. And when did Obi-wan have a hard time fighting General Grievous's bodyguards? And I know Yoda did not just dance. End this please!

Star Wars clone wars was pretty good. A nice storyline and pretty good controls. It was pretty good I guess.

Star wars republic commando was a great shooter that rocked. The characters were so complex and this was a real good shooter. Some parts were overly complicated though.

Star Wars Obiwan is pure CRAP! An O.K storyline, a camera that stays behind you and you cant move(which helps when you need to jump to a platform below you. You are basically blindly jumping, usually to your death) and bad fighting controls make this truly a terrible game.

Battlefront: 9.5

Battlefront 2: 10

Lego starwars: 9.8

Lego Starwars 2: 9.9

Revenge of the sith: 4.2

Clone wars: 7.5

republic commando: 9.9

Obi wan: 2.0

I'm reviewing Final Fantasy games (and giving the history) in my own thread.

Go there if ya want to know about them.

If you want scores, someone pm me and ill post scores on this thread.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Title: Gun

Genre: Action, adventure, third-person shooter

Platforms: Ps2, PC, Xbox, Xbox 360..not sure on Ps2.

ESRB Rating: M (Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, use of alcohol)*****

***** - This is one of those special rare ESRB cases where the rating is actually *gasp* ACCURATE. This game, in my opinion, is NOT for anyone under 14. Do NOT let kids play this. It is extremely gory and violent..and the Strong Language..well, it's very common :) Just a warning by your friendly neighborhood forum idiot, AKA: Me :D

[hide=Gun]

Plot: This game is set in the old west. Lets clear that now. Yes, it is kind of country like. Yes, it is western. Yes, it is worth at LEAST a rental. I'm not going to tell much of the story here..as this game is very linear, I would only be able to tell the first 2 minutes without major spoilers. So no rating here.

Graphics: For an older game, this is pretty good. Cloth flows around realistically, glass shatters on impact, guns sound decent and look decent..the models are fine (Although very overused)..the only complaint I have is the blood. It looks like little streaks of red sharpie marked falling. When it hits, it is great..but falling down? No. Anyways..if you trample someone with the horse, blood streaks across the ground appropriately..known them into a wall, there's a spatter of blood. Shoot them in the head, and little chunks come off and blood spits out....8/10

AI: The AI is ok. It is kind of fun how you can herd cattle and stuff, so thats a plus. During combat though, enemies act stupid. Some will run into the open randomly. Thats a big nono. Anyways. Most of the time, in low numbers, they will hide and use tactical advantages to their..well, advantage. Most will try and surround you or use a formation appropriately in combat. Another very minor thing is the way they act. If you shoot them in the stomach, they might fall down and bleed. However, if you approach..they may squirm, try and crawl backwards..or simply moan "Please..dont kill..me..". If you go for the scalping, they'll yell in pain and try to rip the knife away.....7/10

Gameplay: A very easy to control and easy to learn game. 'Nuff said. 10/10

Content: There are a few sidequests, but mostly, the game is linear. The world isn't that big, either. Once you fully beat the game, there's nothing much left to do. 7.5/10

OVERALL: 8.25/10 - Worth a rental, at the least. If you're a fan of the genre, or are mildly interested..give it a go. You probably wont be disappointed. Heck, its worth the $17 I paid. I recommend a rental though. The game is short..and there's not much replay value to it.[/hide]

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

[hide=Review for Burnout Revenge]Burnout Revenge

The latest in the stellar Burnout series, this latest (at least until Burnout Paradise) is out to set right mistakes of the past and create the ultimate racing game ever!

Pros:

-Possibly the most fun you'll have in unrealistic racing anywhere.

-The Crash mode is quite original and is a new, almost puzzle-like twist in the otherwise linear racing genre.

-Good variety in game types.

-The graphics are a beautifully rendered work of art, even compared to next-gen games.

-Good replay value as well.

-Lots of unlockables! Doesn't everyone love them?

Cons

-The cars themselves are only meh, and are hardly custimizable apart from body color.

-Not too bad, but the music selection isn't the greatest.

-Only 2 people can play multiplayer at once? A pity...

Recap:

Graphics/sound: 9, excellent, a little better soundtrack would be nice though.

Story: Eh, what? It's a racing game. what do you want?

Controls/gameplay - 10, seamless and vastly entertaining.

Multiplayer- 7, sadly limited.

Overall entertainment: 9.4[/hide]

• 2 months later...

I'm gonna do a 'vs review' of my 2 favourite games comparing specific features from each game to one another.

Game 1: Halo 3

Game 2: Call of Duty 4

Graphics:

Halo 3 - The graphics in halo 3 are reasonable. Campaign graphics are better than multiplayers but could have been better. Multiplayer's were good but basically just an improvement on halo 2 with some better lighting added. There was a lot more detail in campaign, especially in levels such as Sierra 117 in the jungle with lots of foliage and 'god rays' leaking through tree tops.

Halo 3 Grahics score: 7

CoD 4 - CoD 4 graphics are definietly superior to halo 3 and is easy to tell if you compared a halo marine to a CoD soldier. The surroundings in campaign were well programmed and there are more realistic-looking grass, etc. Multiplayer' graphics are also very good and beat halo 3's by quite a bit.

CoD 4 Graphics score: 9

Weapons:

Halo 3 - Halo 3 weapons are some of the best and most unique among the gaming world. Since there has been the inclusion of support weapons and equipment as well as new normal weapons there are countless ways of encountering battles and almost endless possibilities of how an encounter turns out. With this variety of weapons it enhances gameplay a lot.

The only downside is that Bungie has balanced the weaponery thus making the less skilled players, more skilled and vice versa for highly skilled players. Also a major annoyance is the broken melee system, whcih is being highly complained about. (if you want to know why its broken, check out bungie forums or something because they are hundreds of threads about it.)

Even with these flaws the weapons are still awesome.

Halo 3 weapons score: 9

CoD 4 - The weapons in CoD 4 were impressive, there may not be the diversity like halo 3 but there are still many different guns that each effect gameplay accordingly. A great and sometimes annoying feature is the ability to choose your starting spawn weapon and become a specialist class. It is often fatal when you encounter certain situations but have chosen a class not suited for this task. (such as a shotgun wielder in a wide open field or a sniper in a cramped corridor). This just adds a new element to the gameplay and after one death, you usually learn what weapons suit different levels and places. A lot of the weapons do seem very much alike, which is a downside.

CoD 4 weapons score: 8 and a half

Features:

Halo 3 - Halo 3 is esecially enticing due to the fact of its many features which enhance replayablity tenfold. These include the forge (edit maps, not the geometry), saved films (includes saving clips, whole films, screenshots,etc), All the fileshare stuff, unlockables, online exp to be promoted up miltary ranks, campaign scoring and skulls.

With these features, halo 3's longetivity value is certainly increased.

Halo 3 features score: 10

CoD 4 - may not have as many features as halo 3 but they are still good, they include; online create a class and exp to increase miltitary rank, online worldwide rankings, ability to call in air strikes, radar and a helipcopter when you reach certain kill streaks, a killcam to view how your opponent killed you through their eyes, also cheat and arcade mode of something (i havent thouroughly explored every feature yet)

CoD 4 features score: 8

Since i can't bothered writing anymore coz i'm bored i'll just write the scores for the remaining review points:

Multiplayer levels:

Halo 3 - 7 (halo 2 was far superior)

CoD 4 - 8 and a half

Campaign :

Halo 3 - 9 (a few bad levels in there....Cortana....but mostly good ones)

CoD 4 - 9 (quite orginal in the way its gameplay was used and the twists along the way but much too short and the ending could have been intesified a bit)

Sound/music:

Halo 3 - 9

CoD 4 - 8 and a half

Vehicles/turrets/mountables:

Halo 3 - 9 and a half

CoD 4 - 6 (barely any, only a few turrets and 2 campaign sections)

Realism:

Halo 3 - 4 (who needs it anyway?)(also its in the furure with aliens) :wink:

CoD 4 - 8 and a half

Multiplayer gameplay:

Halo 3 - 9 (halo 2 was probably better due to halo 3's serious flaws)

CoD 4 - 9 (better than CoD 3)

Overall (not mathematically)

Halo 3 - 9 and lucky to get that. Halo 3 had huge amounts of potential but Bungie screwed it up, its a great game but should and could have been much better. There are just too many flaws (broken melee, crap multiplayer levels, etc)

CoD 4 - 9 , with a longer campaign and a few more tweaks could have easily been 10 but overall an awesome game

If you are stuck between what to buy and there is a choice between these two games....go home, save money then buy both at once :D or just get halo 3....

haloshotintheheadgh2.jpg

You are now dead, after the tone please press 3....BEEEP