WIP - Looking for some C/C on pixel image

Alduron

Working on this pixel image...

I know there are flaws and am looking for some feedback on correcting them.

Also if you might be interested in purchasing the final piece pm me, thanks.

apixel1xj.png

swordsig16zk.gif

some of your previous work was better if you know what i mean

Sorry, not sure what you mean this is my first attempt at this style of art.

However since you feel it is not good do you have any suggestions on how it can be improved?

swordsig16zk.gif

well lets start with the c/c to get started.

The facial features and the hands are great just they do not stand out like the rest of the piece. the details are excellent but perhaps make the expressions more visable by making them darker. the reason it appears to blend in so much is because the rest of the sig is so much darker with bolder colours. Maybe add a 1 stroke black pixle boarder around the char... this may take awhile but i believe it would make him stand out more although i notice you used darker shades already around the outside. for this i believe its a matter of prefference. I hate to say this but maybe change the skin tone to a more darker tan. This would take lots of time but its all just a matter of patience lol. perhaps add less light to the hands then the face since the wands light is closer to the face and it would be darker near the hands.

I must say the shading is excellent! but id expext nothing less from you:) The shadow is excellent and i love how ya made it blend well. The detail on the cloths is amazing! the seal on the wall seems a bit odd in shape but i guess thats the way it was to be dessigned. The boarder looks great but perhaps another color would make the sig stand out more say a darker navy blue or even the same colour as the seal or coat of arms on the wall.

Im not an expert but i tried my best to help. Over all i think it looks great! keep it up mate, your already looking like a pro!

:P

JLR

possiblenewsig1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had some time to get back to this...

Thanks everyone for the C/C I made a few changes based on the recommendations and a few changes on things i was not quite happy with.

apixel5fc.png

swordsig16zk.gif

if that's supposed to be Harry Potter you should make his face a bit thinner :o

They're finally feeding him properly! :lol:

Looks good! Keep it up! :D

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Everything seems to rough, need to do a bit of manual anti-aliasing.

nah only different choices of outline colors.. that will do the trick

the arm right to us its definitly off

the yellow shirt seems to be the focal point or atleast the colors lure the eye over it, i dont think this was intentional.. so different color shirt will do.

the bat is behind the paper rather then infront of it .. :?

his face seems chubby and his skin color doesnt blend with the rest of the color scheme.

signature_1.gif

if that's supposed to be Harry Potter you should make his face a bit thinner :o

They're finally feeding him properly! :lol:

Looks good! Keep it up! :D

oh i thought duddly was starting in hogwarts...

(i think duddly is the name of the fat kid... not sure, correct me if im wrong)

Thx for the comments everyone.

I did use harry potter as a refrence for my sketch, but its not supposed to be meant to be harry potter so I do not intend to make any changes to the character. It is merely meant to be a young wizard in training, hence the levitation 101 on the paper and the young appearance of the wizard.

*quer skulll... peter was refering to the original image i posted I clearly made changes on the reworked piece ;). I dont think that the left arm is off you must keep in mind that it is not pointing out to the side it is going more toward the back so the perspective changes. The bat is behind the paper as the bat is toward the wall and the paper is floating closer to the viewer with the practicing of the levitation ;).

swordsig16zk.gif