diablo 2 help

RSBDavid

As a general rule I find paladins and soceresses excel in pvp roles. The hammerdin can beat most any monster (a good one can solo uber tristram though that migth be expansion only). Barabarians have the potential to kick anyones [wagon] except maby a sorceress depending on equipment. Necromancers tend to have a harder time, there minions are to weak with many people (beause the monsters get harder every time someone joins the game), though curses are usfull to your party (like auras and shouts). I find the amazons don't really excell at anything, though they arent really bad at anythign either.

I favor barbarians and necromancers myself, though a barbarion will never be a champ without really good gear. For the expansion the "Immortal King" set is one of the best (and barbarian only), though I dont like using a war hammer. The "deathspade winged axe" uniqe weapon is also an amazing weapon in nightmare difficulty (its a super powered throwing axe that automaticly replenishes so its niegh imposible to run out).

Personally, i'd say summoning necromancers with bone spells for pvm.

not a bad idea, a necromancer who focuses solely on the bone & poison tree plus on some sort of golem is truly a force to be reconed with. Everyone has elemental resistance of some kind (or they should), there is no magic resistance, and no item in the game can signifigantly reduce magic damage. Of couse bone spear and bone spirit (think thats what its called) will never achive damages like that ones the soceress can do with fire and lightning, but its more consistant, and poison nova is just EVIL.

The hammerdin can beat most any monster (a good one can solo uber tristram though that migth be expansion only).
IIRC Uber Meph is immune to hammers, so I find that unlikely. Uber Izzy is definately immune to hammers (though, he technically isn't in Tristram).

Necromancers tend to have a harder time, there minions are to weak with many people (beause the monsters get harder every time someone joins the game), though curses are usfull to your party (like auras and shouts).

As for Necro's (talking from a strictly PvP standpoint), you never get minions (unless you are a specialty dueler who teleports with the minions, and iron maidens a barb as they WW you...But no one has these as they essentially only have 1 use). Additionally, some use a clay golem for the hit slows target. PvP necros are either Bone or poison, and usually a single curse (bone spear/spirit+decrepify seems to work well).

I find the amazons don't really excell at anything, though they arent really bad at anythign either.
Bowazons, with proper gear, are quite competitive in PVP. And javazons are quite possibly the best crowd control if there isn't immune to lightnings (cow level, arcane sanctuary).

For the expansion the "Immortal King" set is one of the best (and barbarian only), though I dont like using a war hammer.
IK is garbage.

As for sorcs, especially blizz sorcs, they are amazing if and only if you have godly gear (Nightwing, Fathom, good ormus, maras, lots of chamrs etc etc.)

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

If its your first character, everyone makes a sorc so you can MF and get richer. Not a fast way to get rich though, im playing a goldfinder atm and found a lot better stuff.

A viable hammerdin aint an expensive character if you can get an enigma from somewhere. I'd recommend that to start, its a fun and easy build.

logo.jpg