~ Peronix's Blog ~ 85/99 Slayer ~

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 75 Slayer... dunno how good of a task gargoyles are going to be :?

75slayerjq3.png

Also, first clue in a while that actually gave me something worthwhile. Not third age, but I've wanted one of these for a while. It's a keeper :)

zammycoifxe0.png

Uuuuugh -.-

The number of burthop'abe tasks Duradel has been giving me the last few hours has transcended ridiculous. 4 Steel dragon tasks in the last 8. One I got steel dragons, burthopoe, and another steel dragon task... I didn't think that was even possible!

• 2 weeks later...

Ick I've had so much homework the last week I haven't updated this at all... got a few levels in that week, probably would have gotten more if I didn't get so addicted to Half Life 2 :shock:

Also took a break and crafted 12k nats. Only having 1m in the bank kind of irked me. I like to have a nice-sized pile.

Missed pic :wall:

76slayerqd9.png

This was a while ago actually, I'm almost 90 now.

89defih2.png

Another HP level.

93hpbp8.png

Got this from the dragon bones from the many fruitless iron dragon tasks I have completed. Seriously, over 1k dragons, no D drop :wall:

71praywz3.png

I'm going to be runecrafting for a while. After I sold my 12k nats that I had I spent half of the resulting cash on 20k ess. When I get 8m from that I plan to buy 40k more and craft that, too. 85 slayer is a great level to have, but there are a few things I would like to have before I continue. Like a d chain <3:

Gosh, that party was depressing indeed. Same goes for the amount of support you receive, I actually feel quite sorry for you.

So a Huge Good Luck at your goals! I love your bank to, it's so well organized, good job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Gosh, that party was depressing indeed. Same goes for the amount of support you receive, I actually feel quite sorry for you.

So a Huge Good Luck at your goals! I love your bank to, it's so well organized, good job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you, but I don't let the lack of support go to my head too much. Okay, the turnout at the "party" got to me a little, but the lack of posts is just what blogscape has become: a place where people come to worship all of the skiller gods and ignore the rest. Look around the blogs of some of the lesser known people, most of the posts are from the person who created the blog.

I did get quite a lot of posts on my 99 FM thread though (probably more than I have gotten on this blog to date...), so that made me feel a little better about that.

Thank you, but I don't let the lack of support go to my head too much. Okay, the turnout at the "party" got to me a little, but the lack of posts is just what blogscape has become: a place where people come to worship all of the skiller gods and ignore the rest. Look around the blogs of some of the lesser known people, most of the posts are from the person who created the blog.

I did get quite a lot of posts on my 99 FM thread though (probably more than I have gotten on this blog to date...), so that made me feel a little better about that.

I really disagree with you. Besides a few exception, blogscape has become a popularity contest, the one with the most friends here wins. You see certain groups of people constantly posting on the blogs of the people of their own group. People don't look at the blog or the goal itself any more, it's all about the maker of the blog. But ofcourse there have to be not popular blogs which have to die out. Otherwise there will be waaay too many blogs (there actually are already too many IMO).

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I really disagree with you. Besides a few exception, blogscape has become a popularity contest, the one with the most friends here wins. You see certain groups of people constantly posting on the blogs of the people of their own group. People don't look at the blog or the goal itself any more, it's all about the maker of the blog. But ofcourse there have to be not popular blogs which have to die out. Otherwise there will be waaay too many blogs (there actually are already too many IMO).

Yes that statement was a bit of an exaggeration now that I think about it...

I actually do agree with you; it's a popularity contest. But if you notice, people with 2000+ total or are rich tend to get more posts than people without.

Anyway, having said that, posts aren't actually that important to me. Documenting my progress is. Regardless of weather I get outside encouragement, broadcasting myself any my goals helps me to stick to said goals. It gives me a sense of duty to those goals, so I won't in my own weakness get bored and abandon them.

Yes that statement was a bit of an exaggeration now that I think about it...

I actually do agree with you; it's a popularity contest. But if you notice, people with 2000+ total or are rich tend to get more posts than people without.

Anyway, having said that, posts aren't actually that important to me. Documenting my progress is. Regardless of weather I get outside encouragement, broadcasting myself any my goals helps me to stick to said goals. It gives me a sense of duty to those goals, so I won't in my own weakness get bored and abandon them.

Of course, but that's the goal of blogscape. People like to see things they think are hard to achieve, that's way more impressive. It's just part of having a "good". I don't care about that. I do care about the people who only post on their own and their friends blogs. That has nothing to do with having a good blog.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I'm getting really bored with slayer. Honestly I started this goal so I could slay abyssal demons, and after looking around a bit they DO seem a bit overrated. Like 46k exp compared to 60k+ an hour I could be getting elsewhere. The whips are only 1.3-1.4 now, too... I've all but lost that motivation.

The sheer number of burthope tasks is also very frustrating. And then the Shilo master seems to be giving me a lot of the same tasks. Brine rats, suqahs, iron dragons, bloodvelds, kalphites, infernal mages, greater demons, and abbarant spectres seem to come up a lot. Some of those tasks I like, but the ones that I don't seem to come up more often than the others. Iron dragons I only do because I want a visage/d legging drop. But after DOZENS of tasks, and more than a thousand dragons, my best drop is a d stone. It seems like a waste of time.

Also, as far as the 3 day rule goes, I haven't been able to slay for 3 days straight. I usually go off and do something else... then come back like a day or two later.

My next goal after 85 slayer was going to be 99 runecrafting. I know, this is a huge goal, but this one seems to be much more bearable for me. I RC'd for a week straight to get my D Chain, so obviously if I can do it for a week straight, that passes the 3-day test. There is also the motivation of 91+ runecrafting, and the amount of money 91-99 will get me. That's defiantly not overrated. It would also be nice to have a cape that everyone respects.

So what do you all think? Should I postpone my 85 slayer goal in favor of this much larger goal, that seems to be the one I am most motivated to get at the moment? (please post your thoughts)

Right, since no one has responded yet I thought I might at least go to the planning stage for my 99 RC goal so I can implement it into this blog.

As you might have guessed, I am going to be doing ZMI for 82-91 if I indeed decide to go for it. Given estimates from a thread about xp yields per 1k essence, I assume that each 1k essence for me will be about 17,500 exp. (it's about 17,265 at 75 RC and 18,030 at 91). I don't have an exact formula to go by, so I'm just going to divide the total amount of exp I need (3,449,511) by that number, which is about 197k essences. Based on that I've come up with this plan based on where I am now.

15k essence through the abyss

20K at ZMI

20K abyss

40K ZMI

20K abyss

40K ZMI

20K abyss

40K ZMI

20K abyss

60K ZMI

Sell Runes from ZMI

This should get me to 91 Runecrafting. Of course this isn't taking into account the cost of super energies. I might have to adjust that schedule a little bit so I can afford to buy them. Or, if I run out I might just sell some of the runes from ZMI early so I can buy them.

After 91 I will be solo abyss RCing. Not much planning needed there; It'll be 800k essences of pure profit. After this goal is complete, I should have around 450m.

Obviously this will take a while. So this is how I'm going to break it up: at least 20k essences a week, either ZMI or abyss. Since all-in-all this is about 1.1m essences, at that rate it should take 60 weeks to complete this goal. However 20k is just a quota; obviously I can do more in a week. The 20K is just a mark that will bring some satisfaction when I complete it for the week. Some weeks I might feel like just barely meeting it (which won't be too hard) and other weeks I might want to go all out, either way the max amount of time this will take is 60 weeks.

I think I can hear the tumbleweed as it rolls across this blog.

Right, well it seems nobody cares one way or the other. Which seems to be a common theme when it comes to lesser known tip.iters like me. So I guess I'll just go for the one I feel I want the most.

Which happens to be 99 RC.

You have an awesome runecrafting level! Slayer is worth it if you want to train melee, but I think going for 85 purely for abyssals isn't a good idea. Think of the slayer levels as a bonus for all your hard work combating.

Anyway, good luck and keep it up! :D

You have an awesome runecrafting level! Slayer is worth it if you want to train melee, but I think going for 85 purely for abyssals isn't a good idea. Think of the slayer levels as a bonus for all your hard work combating.

Anyway, good luck and keep it up! :D

Hmm, well yes but what do those "bonus levels" bring me if the monsters aren't worth it for either training or moneymaking? I'm not one of those players with a mind to get 2277 total. Besides, it seems to me if I really wanted to train combat, I could just train it at a place like moss giants. (VERY good exp when you use the mossies in the pirates cove... I've tried it...).

You have an awesome runecrafting level!

Exactly why I'm considering 99 :)