Wut is Autoers?

bubbyjoe2

THREAD CLOSED!

Ever told a player to stop killing the mugger so you can get that riches from that autobuyer? If he is a free player (no offense), chances are, you'll get this:

"wut is autoers?"

Now, this shows you that these kind of people don't even read the flipping front page. However, I have an idea to educate the unknowing.

1) Force all players to succesfully complete a quiz on the autoing problem before they can log back in. If this was added, it might stop autoers from logging in until a human got the quiz finished.

2) Have Aubury and Betty complain about the autobuyers buying their whole stock out. (Maybe at the Mage Arena Bank and Pest Control, too?)

Hopefully with these things added to the game, more people will be reporting autoers.

Id prefer everyone who doesnt know what autoing is to continue not knowing.

Half of the players who didnt know will most likely go try to get an autoing program and get keylogged or beging autoing themselves.

Maybe you're right. If the idiots don't know macroers exist, it's likely that they didn't read the rules when they signed up.

If you tell little 8 years olds what macros are and that they require ZERO work they say o o sign me up and get key loggers and virus and perm banned.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Id prefer everyone who doesnt know what autoing is to continue not knowing.

Half of the players who didnt know will most likely go try to get an autoing program and get keylogged or beging autoing themselves.

Maybe you're right. If the idiots don't know macroers exist, it's likely that they didn't read the rules when they signed up.

Yeah but maybe if a mugger was added next to the guy selling runes at mage bank and pest control it would stop the ones going there.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

<<<Quick Snip>>>

Yeah but maybe if a mugger was added next to the guy selling runes at mage bank and pest control it would stop the ones going there.

Sounds good. Someone get it done! <.<

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Really guys you don't saw other games like i see, RuneScape looks like paradise comparing with other games, here people so accurate searching for cheaters (all kind cheat Macro, Autotalk, etc..), RS have report system, Random Events, RS have MODS - already done so much to prevent cheaters, just add everyone at least 2 mods in Your friend list and when you see some bot PM to MOD let he deal with him!

I played Silkroad (SRO) about 1 year and in that game if you buy something for real money (this game is item mall type, no any membership require) from company who provide game and servers (JoyMAX) you get no banned if you use bot, that mean then no any justice for bots... :(

But we had possibility to kill anybody who outside city getting bad Karma is like RS Skull, just in RS nobody care or you have skull in Silkroad are special proffesion called hunter, when you get karmed you are murder and for Hunters is good to kill murders they get profesion experience and when get proffesion lvlup they do more damage to thiefs and murders.. (is a bit similar like barbarian assault proffesion levels).

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

If you tell little 8 years olds what macros are and that they require ZERO work they say o o sign me up and get key loggers and virus and perm banned.

-----------------

They should have read the rules when they signed up. And if they didn't, serves them right.

They should have read the rules when they signed up. And if they didn't, serves them right.

Would cut down on the number of sub-13-year-olds, wouldn't it? :P

On the side, I wonder just how many member accounts would suddenly go away because of that kind of effect. Are there more sub-13-year-olds that are P2P than I think? :-k

And BTW, bubbyjoe2, when you're quoting someone, QUOTE PROPERLY! I just had to fix that for this post when I saw that you'd duplicated someone's text without the Quote Button.

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Would cut down on the number of sub-13-year-olds, wouldn't it? :P

On the side, I wonder just how many member accounts would suddenly go away because of that kind of effect. Are there more sub-13-year-olds that are P2P than I think? :-k

And BTW, bubbyjoe2, when you're quoting someone, QUOTE PROPERLY! I just had to fix that for this post when I saw that you'd duplicated someone's text without the Quote Button.

~Mr. Devnull

They shouldn't be playing without parental supervision. I doubt a parent would allow his/her son/daughter to download a random thing off of the internet.

<<<quote snip>>>

They shouldn't be playing without parental supervision. I doubt a parent would allow his/her son/daughter to download a random thing off of the internet.

I'm not disagreeing with you... however, you might be surprised just how many parents don't fully watch their children and just how fast that the children accelerate in learning beyond the parents, and then start hiding stuff from the parents.

(Kinda scary, actually. :ohnoes: ...)

~Mr. Devnull

<<<quote snip>>>

I'm not disagreeing with you... however, you might be surprised just how many parents don't fully watch their children and just how fast that the children accelerate in learning beyond the parents, and then start hiding stuff from the parents.

~Mr. Devnull

That's true. But most of the underage players aren't member, seeing as

their parents won't pay for it. If they were, there should be a notice that tells their parents about all of the malicious Runescape related hackware.

And that Runescape is not affiliated with them in any way and it should NOT be downloaded.

<<<quote snip>>>

~Mr. Devnull

That's true. But most of the underage players aren't member, seeing as their parents won't pay for it. If they were, there should be a notice that tells their parents about all of the malicious Runescape related hackware. And that Runescape is not affiliated with them in any way and it should NOT be downloaded.

Yeah, that's kind of the hilarious thing about this whole mess.

There are underage players, their parents are paying for P2P for their kids, and there is no warning up that I know of in that area that tells parents about hackware that messes with RuneScape and to not download it.

Of course, think about it... if Jagex puts up a warning like that in the area to pay for P2P, can you imagine all the people that would be scared away? Jagex would lose money out the ears because people would be scared away from paying due to just seeing that warning. So Jagex hasn't put that warning up because it would destroy business. And at this point, everyone knows how Jagex wants money. Looks like greed is causing problems. :(

I'd be at all surprised if this changed while I wasn't looking. I hope a P2P user replies and confirms or denies this.

~Mr. Devnull

<<<quote snip>>>

~Mr. Devnull

That's true. But most of the underage players aren't member, seeing as their parents won't pay for it. If they were, there should be a notice that tells their parents about all of the malicious Runescape related hackware. And that Runescape is not affiliated with them in any way and it should NOT be downloaded.

Yeah, that's kind of the hilarious thing about this whole mess.

There are underage players, their parents are paying for P2P for their kids, and there is no warning up that I know of in that area that tells parents about hackware that messes with RuneScape and to not download it.

Of course, think about it... if Jagex puts up a warning like that in the area to pay for P2P, can you imagine all the people that would be scared away? Jagex would lose money out the ears because people would be scared away from paying due to just seeing that warning. So Jagex hasn't put that warning up because it would destroy business. And at this point, everyone knows how Jagex wants money. Looks like greed is causing problems. :(

I'd be at all surprised if this changed while I wasn't looking. I hope a P2P user replies and confirms or denies this.

~Mr. Devnull

God this is going to be one of the longest strings of quotes.

The best thing to do is place an I.Q. test on the signup page for an account. If exceptionally smart kids completed the test, hopefully they'd be smart enough not to download hackware or be immature idiots on the forums or ingame.

<<<Quote Mega-Snip>>>

You were saying? :lol:

The best thing to do is place an I.Q. test on the signup page for an account. If exceptionally smart kids completed the test, hopefully they'd be smart enough not to download hackware or be immature idiots on the forums or ingame.

I fully agree. :) ... It has the bonus of putting a fast end to overly young children playing in spots where they shouldn't be. :)

~Mr. Devnull

<<<Quote Mega-Snip>>>

You were saying? :lol:

I fully agree. :) ... It has the bonus of putting a fast end to overly young children playing in spots where they shouldn't be. :)

~Mr. Devnull

I guess we're done here. For a different topic about how people are slowing autoer prevention go to "Why do some skillers do this??" in Rants.

• 1 month later...
There will always be botters around.

If the thread is closed, please change title to delete.

Or just add a "[Plz Lock]" on the end.

~Mr. Devnull

I have an idea to stop or at least slow autoers down.

1. when they make the account name.. have a flash/.jpg picture with a validation code.

2.every day for the first 2 weeks.. a message requireing you to imput a different validation code randomly.

3.Have an option next to "I agree to the rules" that says " I will NOT break the rules , and if i do, I am Subjected to mute/temp/perm banning">

baller_playa.png

I have an idea to stop or at least slow autoers down.

1. when they make the account name.. have a flash/.jpg picture with a validation code.

2.every day for the first 2 weeks.. a message requireing you to imput a different validation code randomly.

3.Have an option next to "I agree to the rules" that says " I will NOT break the rules , and if i do, I am Subjected to mute/temp/perm banning">

This will only slow down the time for the first 2 weeks.

If the botter never offs his computer then he only needs to waste 1 minute of his time to bot forever.

This is not a really good suggestion.

It only slows down the log in time for new players.

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).