You dont like the herb update, so you must be a scammer?

choke_xx

The title is SARCASM, this is about how the herblore update effects herbalists more than scammers.

Hi, this rant might be a little late, but I think it deserves some attention.

I looked at a few rants on the runescape official forums...

And almost every person that rants about it gets a post saying...

"stop scamming, this update is made to stop people like you from selling someone gaums and saying they are ranarrs"

^ noob much?

What if you don't like the fact herb prices will go up because of the update?

now that the unid market is nonexistent, you cant buy ranarrs any cheaper than 7k ea now, as compared the the 1k before.

Now let me guess what gets said next...

"the only people that don't like this update are herb merchant billionaires"

^ not true, if you knew much about herblore you'd disagree.

What if you liked picking up an unid someone doesn't care to pick up because it's probably a gaum, and then you id it to find out it was a ranarr!

I'm sure this situation has happened to lots of herbalists out there.

This wont happen anymore because that person will think, "hey wait, this is worth something" seeing it is a contaminated ranarr.

This update does not only hurt herb merchants.

This update can have an effect on people who use potions to kill monsters & for player killers.

For example; Ranarrs go up some, making ppots go up; You need ppots to go on a Daggonith king trip(probably a super set, super anti and range pot too?).

well... your paying more per trip now aren't you?

Which could make that beserker ring or dragon wc axe harder to get as it's costing you a lot of money, that you possibly dont have.

You figure that the drops aren't paying for the trips, and move on to something else.

guess what, now people who buy rare monster drops(ie dwc axe, dchain,etc) have to save up MORE to afford those items.

and it doesnt stop there, it just turns out BARROWS needs alottttt of potions.

Pking needs lots of pots too.

Throwing the economy slightly out of whack.

This update can hurt those who like to train their herblore financially because its even harder to score off even.

This update can hurt those lvl 60s that collected unids to sell to merchants.

All because some noob-merchant-wannabe didn't know how to herb merchant and got 0wned by some guy with 1k gaums.

And decided to go whine to jagex because he was tricked by his incompetence & lack of knowledge of herblore.

If you don't know the antiscam... WHY ARE YOU BUYING UNID RANARRS IN BULK?

If you know little of the skill, why are you spending over 8m on 1k unid ranarrs?

Why pay a nice chunk of cash when your not sure about what your doing?

It's commonly known knowledge of the herb antiscam throughout the herblore market.

And as someone with a completed antiscam I took pride in it, it took me forever to find 2 unid torstol, and it felt like an accomplishment.

Herblore has been considered a difficult skill, and now its even slower exp than before, and more costly.

And I'd like to add, anyone who has ever been pk'd by herb hunter (pker who kills people who are collecting herbs; similar to rc pking) in edgy dungeon druids, was satisfied knowing that the pker didn't make much money off your herbs as they don't know which are good herbs.

Well guess what.

They do now.

So thank jagex next time you get teleblocked, entangled, and dds'd in edgeville dungeon while your collecting your herbs.

Thank you for listening to my rant, I ask you keep the comments clean and respectful, and I also ask you know what your talking about before posting.

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Owner of Death Assembly, a 75+ rune pure / Tank Ranger clan.

Status: Currently stuck in f2p - with fr00bs asking me to do a skill cape emote, when I'm wearing a zamorak cloak. -.-'

Very nice well written rant.

I agree but it also helps the noobs making money. They know it's rannere and sell it for it's full value instead of getting ripped by unids.

It hurts and helps it's a balanced update

I agree with your rant 50%

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Thank you very much. :P

It doesnt hurt me as much now, because I no longer make money off herblore..

I just use it to make myself pots for the wild etc now days..

But I still would like to have the option to purchase herbs like the old days. :wall:

I used to buy ranarrs in bulk back when they where 7k ea, then go sell all the ppots for a nice profit + exp. :thumbsup:

Now I just make my money off combat / collecting rare secondarys.

I agree with the hurts and helps thing, because I was smart enough to stock up 400 ppots 2 weeks before the update was announced.

And even more when it was.

Im just waiting for ppots to jack up a bit more on the market. :-k

But after those are sold It's collecting my own herbs from then on.

:boohoo:

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Status: Currently stuck in f2p - with fr00bs asking me to do a skill cape emote, when I'm wearing a zamorak cloak. -.-'

I'm glad they made this update, and people shouldn't be flamed for complaining about this update, people made their money with unids. Anyhow, the major thing I disagree in this rant is about the money.

Ranarrs were 1k before this? I remember a few months ago when they were 6k in the first place. This places the ranarr prices back where they belong. It fluctuates anyhow.

At one point, ranarr seeds were like 12k, then they went to like 16k, now I have no idea where they are, it's what I get though for pretty much retiring (again) even though I'll probably come back, who knows. But ranarrs are expensive again like they were.

But I like the update, I'm glad Jagex took care of the Unid scamming.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

I'm glad they made this update, and people shouldn't be flamed for complaining about this update, people made their money with unids. Anyhow, the major thing I disagree in this rant is about the money.

Ranarrs were 1k before this? I remember a few months ago when they were 6k in the first place. This places the ranarr prices back where they belong. It fluctuates anyhow.

At one point, ranarr seeds were like 12k, then they went to like 16k, now I have no idea where they are, it's what I get though for pretty much retiring (again) even though I'll probably come back, who knows. But ranarrs are expensive again like they were.

But I like the update, I'm glad Jagex took care of the Unid scamming.

People were buying 11 stacks of unids for 1k each, thus getting rannars and kwaurms for 1k each, now that they cant gyp people out of expensive herbs for nothing they are complaining.

People were buying 11 stacks of unids for 1k each, thus getting rannars and kwaurms for 1k each, now that they cant gyp people out of expensive herbs for nothing they are complaining.

Stereotype reply of a non skiller..... Perhaps there are other type of players too than those who are only interested in maxing combatstats and/or owning phats...

Anyway, I agree with Choke xx. Jagex made one of the last skills where a tiny little bit of thinking was needed also noob (&<13 years old) proof. Besides the advantage of gaining bankspace I cant think of one valid reason of changing this. Everyone moaning about scammers was or still in Kindergarten, or too impatient to work with antiscam or seriously stupid.

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

Stereotype reply of a non skiller..... Perhaps there are other type of players too than those who are only interested in maxing combatstats and/or owning phats...

Anyway, I agree with Choke xx. Jagex made one of the last skills where a tiny little bit of thinking was needed also noob (&<13 years old) proof. Besides the advantage of gaining bankspace I cant think of one valid reason of changing this. Everyone moaning about scammers was or still in Kindergarten, or too impatient to work with antiscam or seriously stupid.

Rofl, I dont care about skills true, but a lot of my friends are skillers and they are fine with the update, oh boo hoo you cant take advantage of poor newbs and get cheap herbs..

You want to get herbs cheap.. heres a thought.. COLLECT YOUR OWN!

Total cost: 0 gp, and you dont even have to waste time picking up and iding the bad ones.

Perhaps Jagex should make the wildy even less dangerous or simplify the combatsystem a bit more. A few of your favourite subjects to moan about when they were altered, if I remember correctly?

For your info: I do collect my herbs myself. I reached my lvl 95% through farming &drops. But that's not the issue. Issue is that Jagex has made another skill more easy because 'certain' players ranted about it..

Seeing you totally missed the point you definitely belong in one of the 3 categories..

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

honestly whats with you guys and stupid irrelevant analogies. first off the whole idea of iding herbs was stupid. honestly anybody could tell the difference between a rannar and a guam just by looking at a pic of either one. second of all this keeps you jerks from buying 70k worth of herbs for 20k. just because you can't make cash off of poorer people now your going to whine and moan. Just like you say the poorer people did in order to get the update. so please stop throwing your little temper tantrums because YOU didn't get what YOU wanted. and hey those low lvls don't deserve any sort of updates, only us high lvls deserve good stuff we should get ALL the updates because we've been playing longer.

honestly if i hear one more rant about how "this update helps noobs!" i'm going to hurt somebody. -.-

signature.png

first off. NO ONE IS SCAMMING OR GYPING ANYONE.

If someone wants to sell their unids it's their choice.

If anything the buyer stands a better chance of getting gyped, unless the antiscam is in proper use.

Basically you are saying exactly what this topic is about...

"you cant gyp anyone out of herbs anymore"

Your not gyping anyone from anything, you are making a business transaction for a seller.

about 80% of the people in edgeville dungeon chaos druids are getting unids to sell.

I collected about 300 herbs a day.

it's not about me being lazy...

Its about me wanting to train the skill and make money at the same time.

Is that not what fletching is all about?

Or any combat stats?

the only plus side of this update is that herbs might go up.

So if you invested in thousands and thousand of herbs, and lots of lots of pots, you gain something out of this.

But after that you have to pay more for supplies.

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Perhaps Jagex should make the wildy even less dangerous or simplify the combatsystem a bit more. A few of your favourite subjects to moan about when they were altered, if I remember correctly?

For your info: I do collect my herbs myself. I reached my lvl 95% through farming &drops. But that's not the issue. Issue is that Jagex has made another skill more easy because 'certain' players ranted about it..

Seeing you totally missed the point you definitely belong in one of the 3 categories..

I dont mind when the combat system gets altared.

I am a meleer (and a little of a mage), so I actually look forward to combat updates.

magic needs new spells horribly.

and as for the whole dark bow thing Im glad.

rangers are finally worth killing, and that bow isnt as great as people think.

the only thing in general I dont like for any skills is when they slow experiance down.

(that does not mean pc, I was never a pc product to begin with)

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Herblore didnt get any easier moron, try again.

And the combat system was at its best in rs classic, and that was about as simple as it got, so your way off the mark =D>

yeah unid herbs from farming would have been nice =)

wouldn't have taken me so long to get unid torstol.

but with over 10k people complaining about the pc update... and then jagex STILL not doing anything...

Im pretty sure jagex isnt going to change herblore because a few people dispise the update.

Unless this update was to give people time to figure which herbs are which then change it back (I hope, but very very doubtful)

:pray:

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

but with over 10k people complaining about the pc update... and then jagex STILL not doing anything...

Im pretty sure jagex isnt going to change herblore because a few people dispise the update.

Unless this update was to give people time to figure which herbs are which then change it back (I hope, but very very doubtful)

You are seriously the biggest cry baby.

Get over it, you cant rip noobs off anymore, go collect your herbs.

Playing internet hard [wagon] gets you no where.

If you take the time to read, instead of whine about people getting ripped off, you'd see this...

first off. NO ONE IS SCAMMING OR GYPING ANYONE.

If someone wants to sell their unids it's their choice.

If anything the buyer stands a better chance of getting gyped, unless the antiscam is in proper use.

Basically you are saying exactly what this topic is about...

"you cant gyp anyone out of herbs anymore"

Your not gyping anyone from anything, you are making a business transaction for a seller.

about 80% of the people in edgeville dungeon chaos druids are getting unids to sell.

I collected about 300 herbs a day.

it's not about me being lazy...

Its about me wanting to train the skill and make money at the same time.

Is that not what fletching is all about?

Or any combat stats?

the only plus side of this update is that herbs might go up.

So if you invested in thousands and thousand of herbs, and lots of lots of pots, you gain something out of this.

But after that you have to pay more for supplies.

You obviously know little of the skill, so perhaps you should learn before you run your mouth.

Your the reason I've made this rant.

People that are narrow minded, and stereotype scammers with herbalists that don't like the rising prices of herbs on the market.

No one is getting "ripped off" because they are choosing to sell their herbs, for the price specified.

I don't sell my ranarrs(I make them into ppots), so therefore I'm not the person that is selling gaums stating they are ranarrs.

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Title of thread, sarcastic: "You dont like the herb update so you must be a scammer?"

Lolol!

2480+ total

lol, yes, the title is sarcasm.

I think he's interpreting it too hard lol.

I'll put that on the first post so I can avoid this from happening all over haha

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Title of thread, sarcastic: "You dont like the herb update so you must be a scammer?"

Lolol!

Never called him a scammer you illiterate tard, I said he is ripping low lvls off..

Yes they chose to sell the herbs cheap, becouse they had no way of identifying them themselves..

Now they do and your crying.

Im not saying your a scammer, im saying your taking advantage of low lvls who cant identify their herbs, and you are.

Stop throwing that you must not be a skiller [cabbage] arround, just becouse i dont skill often doesnt mean im blind..

Not to mention your a self confessed leader of a pure clan PMG PKER!!!

Dumb[cabbage].

When you give me a good reason why you should be allowed to rip off low lvls ill agree with you, but right now im not seeing any..

So you cant make profit whilst power lvling anymore:

Newsflash.. Niether can any other skill in the game.

You can collect the herbs yourself and profit, or power lvl and lose money thats your choices, whining here wont change that reality.

Never called him a scammer you illiterate tard

I lol'ed, yet again. Aren't you the funny one?

Yes, you did called him a scammer, first contradiction. "Omgzz you idiot, "rip off" doesn't mean "scam"!" And the irony, you then call me an illiterate "tard". Oh lovely, one single sentence displaying so much intelligence, I'm speechless. No need to go any further, everyone is already dazzled by your sparkling intelligence, one more divine word and I shall cumble in bliss into oblivion.

2480+ total

For the last time I am not ripping anyone off.

One of the people that used to sell for me is a player moderator, I'm obviously going to get away with ripping a pmod off, right?

they can go to the bloody herb identifier in nardah like I did when I was a low level herbalist.

Or I will happily identify & return their herbs for experience.

You blindly assume anyone that buys unidentified herbs is someone who takes advantage of someone who is a lower level.

I am a zerker pure.

If you knew what that was you'd know they need skills to be perfected.

175qp requires quite a few quests, which in turn requires skills.

Being a pure is sacrificing one skill to raise another, not necessarily all of them.

But this has nothing to do with skill totals, it has to do with the skill of herblore.

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Never called him a scammer you illiterate tard

I lol'ed, yet again. Aren't you the funny one?

Yes, you did called him a scammer, first contradiction. "Omgzz you idiot, "rip off" doesn't mean "scam"!" And the irony, you then call me an illiterate "tard". Oh lovely, one single sentence displaying so much intelligence, I'm speechless. No need to go any further, everyone is already dazzled by your sparkling intelligence, one more divine word and I shall cumble in bliss into oblivion.

Sorry, but he's right. Scamming means tricking someone. In this case, ripping off means he is buying for lower than they could get if they knew what they were, but they are WILLINGLY selling for that price. And in future, don't go on, and on, and on. It makes you look like more of an idiot than previously thought.

Choke xx, better save your breath.. I've written this in another thread and I will write it again; You'll never convince immature frustrated schoolboys, pestered by exploding hormones, playing the tough guys on the anonymous internet...

For them it is not necessary to read other people's argumentations. The fact that you dare to have a different opinion is enough reason to flame you for players like 123yourgone. Comfort yourself by knowing that he probably needs some compensation for his poor rl.. This self proclaimed RS (classic) guru calls everyone who doesnt agree with his strong opinions whining morons. Makes him feel better...wow; respect... :-X

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

Blah :P

I'm not too worried.

This is a rant.

It's meant to have some opposition.

very nice herby btw :D

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^