this concerns "iresponsible player mods!"

gg_kk90

iresponbile.jpg

Thats an iresponssible mod ^^^^

Saw it a few days ago wen hanging wiv some frends.

had you read the mod FAQ, you'd know (s)he is right. mods do not have to report, just like you.

we do it because it's good to do, and a few mods help in other ways

ROFL, you just dropped the little respect i have for player mods through the floor.

If your not going to report people WHY BE A PLAYER MOD.

Guess what, some one who is actually GOING TO REPORT deserves that spot.

What do player mods do?, report and mute.

If your not going to report id rather jagex fixes problems in the game rather then recruit a bunch of losers who have the power to help but "dont want to".

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportgirl258 does not feature in the hiscores. You have to be in the top 1 million (for any skill) and have` a minimum skill level of 30.

^^ another reason i have no clue why they are a pmod, ireally think they just pick random names. unranked person who thinks "reporting is for tattletails", yeah someone who 1) doesnt report 2) is probably 12 yrs old irl (judging by what they said) and 3) has no stats ranked is REALLY a good player :lol: :roll:

Sportgirl258 does not feature in the hiscores. You have to be in the top 1 million (for any skill) and have` a minimum skill level of 30.

^^ another reason i have no clue why they are a pmod, ireally think they just pick random names. unranked person who thinks "reporting is for tattletails", yeah someone who 1) doesnt report 2) is probably 12 yrs old irl (judging by what they said) and 3) has no stats ranked is REALLY a good player :lol: :roll:

The majority of player mods i see are under lvl 60.

And the ammount that abuse their powers or refuse to do even do their job is massive.

Yay jagex added another useless low lvl update that doesnt help the game :XD:

I highly believe that player mod was either joking or saying that so people wouldn't humbug her about reporting/muting people.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

I highly believe that player mod was either joking or saying that so people wouldn't humbug her about reporting/muting people.

look at their level, gear and spelling ffs, and what they said, just ISNT what a p-mod should say, if they are ashamed of being one they should just resign, and they where never meant to be a pmod, its obvious they are just a noob whos name got randomly chosen. (unranked, has noob gear (NOT joke about noob gear, thats probably their best gear), speaks like a chav/12 year old, goes around saying that) just face it the pmod selection methods are stupid.

what do player mods do? play the game like a normal person. that bit alone shows how little you know of the job.

should having a silver crown mean you can't enjoy a game?

^^ another reason i have no clue why they are a pmod, ireally think they just pick random names. unranked person who thinks "reporting is for tattletails", yeah someone who 1) doesnt report 2) is probably 12 yrs old irl (judging by what they said) and 3) has no stats ranked is REALLY a good player

right, can you do any better? for the most part, i'm not sure you'd make as good a mod as that person, judging by your posts here

^ Exactly.

And m4tty, it doesnt matter how you spell, how you dress.. Hell it doesnt even matter if you're Satan!

Once you do you're job as a mod *properly* thats all that counts.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

what do player mods do? play the game like a normal person. that bit alone shows how little you know of the job.

should having a silver crown mean you can't enjoy a game?

^^ another reason i have no clue why they are a pmod, ireally think they just pick random names. unranked person who thinks "reporting is for tattletails", yeah someone who 1) doesnt report 2) is probably 12 yrs old irl (judging by what they said) and 3) has no stats ranked is REALLY a good player

right, can you do any better? for the most part, i'm not sure you'd make as good a mod as that person, judging by your posts here

you cant deny that person is a USELESS mod, im not saying i would be a good one ( i dont play enough either), but that doesnt mean i cant critisise other peoples "modding skills". its like talking to a brick wall, can you HONESTLY say an unranked lvl 30 or less in basically 300gp gear who talks like a 12 yr old/chav is a good mod? especially one who goes around saying stuff like that? you are just some noob who is blinded by jagex and cant realise the truth.

^ Exactly.

And m4tty, it doesnt matter how you spell, how you dress.. Hell it doesnt even matter if you're Satan!

Once you do you're job as a mod *properly* thats all that counts.

its like talking to a brick wall - do you honestly think a level 30 or less who speaks like a 12 year old/chav and says stuff like that deserves to be a mod? who probably has no experience of the game AT ALL? its a noob who had their name picked out of a paper hat because they havent being playing long enough to either be reported or hacked.

you cant deny that person is a USELESS mod, im not saying i would be a good one ( i dont play enough either), but that doesnt mean i cant critisise other peoples "modding skills". you are a noob low lvl mod yourself, why even post. its like talking to a brick wall, can you HONESTLY say an unranked lvl 30 or less in basically 300gp gear who talks like a 12 yr old/chav is a good mod? you are just some noob who is blinded by jagex and cant realise the truth.

blinded by jagex and can't realize the truth, eh? good try there.

as for being a 'low level noob', that's YOUR definition of low level, some have different ideas. personally, i'm comfortable with it...

the mod job is entirely voluntary, that's the first thing every source says, whether or not they do what the masses expect is their own business, not that of the people on this board.

you cant deny that person is a USELESS mod, im not saying i would be a good one ( i dont play enough either), but that doesnt mean i cant critisise other peoples "modding skills". you are a noob low lvl mod yourself, why even post. its like talking to a brick wall, can you HONESTLY say an unranked lvl 30 or less in basically 300gp gear who talks like a 12 yr old/chav is a good mod? you are just some noob who is blinded by jagex and cant realise the truth.

blinded by jagex and can't realize the truth, eh? good try there.

as for being a 'low level noob', that's YOUR definition of low level, some have different ideas. personally, i'm comfortable with it...

the mod job is entirely voluntary, that's the first thing every source says, whether or not they do what the masses expect is their own business, not that of the people on this board.

youve said that about 8 times now, can you HONESTLY say someone with NO RANKED STATS, who INSULTS WHAT PMODS ARE MEANT TO DO, and TYPES LIKE A 12 YR OLD CHAV, deserves a "Position" in the game thats meant to be an EXAMPLE TO OTHER PLAYERS, an ambassador of the game who's actions affect the reputation of jagex? thought so? pmods are meant to be ambassadors of the game and an example to other players, and respected, can you honestly say a 12 year old chav with no stats ranked, who shows disrespect to what they where assigned to do is a respectable player? if they dont like reporting they shouldnt have been asked to be a mod, nvm accepted the position.

answer the question btw. also another question, do you consider yourself to "have authority" over other players? just wondering.

It's not just what 'the masses' expect of P-mods:

To ensure that RuneScape stays such a place, Jagex introduced Player Moderators to the game. Player Moderators are normal players of the game, just like you. They still play to complete quests and increase their levels but since they have shown themselves to be a trustworthy and active reporter, they have been invited by Jagex to monitor the game while they are playing and to take appropriate action when they see rule breaking.

Both mods discussed in this thread seem to be lacking by Jagex' standards.

DutchDreams.png

It's not just what 'the masses' expect of P-mods:

To ensure that RuneScape stays such a place, Jagex introduced Player Moderators to the game. Player Moderators are normal players of the game, just like you. They still play to complete quests and increase their levels but since they have shown themselves to be a trustworthy and active reporter, they have been invited by Jagex to monitor the game while they are playing and to take appropriate action when they see rule breaking.

Both mods discussed in this thread seem to be lacking by Jagex' standards.

:wink:

Please remember, however, Player Moderators want to play RuneScape as well and they are not obliged to help.

that in response to the above quotes...

whether or not they deserve the position, they have it until jagex decides to remove it or they make a mistake. you can never really tell what someone will do once they accept the role, and reporting is a very minor factor in selecting moderators.

i can't deny that they really should keep things like that to themselves, especially when people are going to plaster it on every part of a fansite and insult them, but that's just one moderator of thousands.

and to answer the question, i don't think a crown gives you any authority. if it was up to me, there wouldn't be a silver crown on moderator text; that way they'd stick out a lot less, which is a good thing. it's very hard to remain relatively hidden when your chat is seen by all players, even with filtered chat.

its like talking to a brick wall - do you honestly think a level 30 or less who speaks like a 12 year old/chav and says stuff like that deserves to be a mod? who probably has no experience of the game AT ALL? its a noob who had their name picked out of a paper hat because they havent being playing long enough to either be reported or hacked.

A level 30 could have as much experience as a level 126. Just because he doesn't choose to level up doesn't mean he doesn't have experience.

8888kev8888.jpeg

A level 30 could have as much experience as a level 126. Just because he doesn't choose to level up doesn't mean he doesn't have experience.

i agree.

its not about the level.

ever wondered a high level but still acts like a noob?

or a level 3 who is matured minded.

this level 3 could be 20 years old

or this level 126 could be 13 years.

asasasasaslx7.png

im talking about the GAME, not rl... and if someone was experienced at the GAME they wouldnt have ALL stats unranked... its impossible to have experience at the game and have NO stats ranked... standing in varrock talking all day ISNT experience at the game... and id go asfar as saying a "13 year old" level 126 would be a better mod than a 20 year old who just began playing. and the mod in question obviously isnt "Matured minded" or expericned at the game, look at what they are saying and their stats. not a very good example of a good player jagex chose? :lol:

adding pmods was just a stupid update for low levels that gives some players an advantage over others :lol: notice how the only people defending this are wannabe mods, low lvl pmods, and low lvls who want to be pmods.

mind describing what the 'advantage' is?

1. being able to speak thru chat off/friends/hide

2. being able to join any clan chats (not 100% sure of that one)

3. crown = trust, so its easy for pmods to decieve players in none illegal ways like lying about prices.

4. being able to mute players (jagex do nothing if pmods mute for no reason)

5. misinformed players think things like if they attack them in the wild theyll get banned etc.

6. its easy for them to scam because of the crown, and if the person doesnt realise within 60 seconds or the pmod doesnt want to be one anymore they get no actual punishment.

7. stupid level 30s get it and act like they are superior to other players and go around muting people for no reason (and jagex does nothing)

infact, how DOESNT someone having a crown next to their name, and having the ability to mute give them an unfair advantage?

Honestly, I've never seen a level 30 mod.

But i do agree about m4tty's advantages points thingy.

8888kev8888.jpeg

3. crown = trust, so its easy for pmods to decieve players in none illegal ways like lying about prices.

5. misinformed players think things like if they attack them in the wild theyll get banned etc.

6. its easy for them to scam because of the crown, and if the person doesnt realise within 60 seconds or the pmod doesnt want to be one anymore they get no actual punishment.

7. stupid level 30s get it and act like they are superior to other players and go around muting people for no reason (and jagex does nothing)

1:that's more a disadvantage, many players add mods the moment they speak

2: that's not a true one

3: but then, any instance of this is posted on fansites. if a mod does anything that isn't perfect, it's posted around the community for all to see.

4: muting is quite restricted. if a moderator does a false mute, it is usually removed within a day.

5: the mod crown makes you more of a target. if i were to speak in the wild, i'd get attacked by almost everyone that can, so they have the satisfaction of having killed a mod.

6: they are demodded, likely watched more closely by jasgex, and, in worst cases, banned.

7: that's their problem, and not an advantage.

tell me, have you seen any former moderators?

1:that's more a disadvantage, many players add mods the moment they speak

2: that's not a true one

3: but then, any instance of this is posted on fansites. if a mod does anything that isn't perfect, it's posted around the community for all to see.

4: muting is quite restricted. if a moderator does a false mute, it is usually removed within a day.

5: the mod crown makes you more of a target. if i were to speak in the wild, i'd get attacked by almost everyone that can, so they have the satisfaction of having killed a mod.

6: they are demodded, likely watched more closely by jasgex, and, in worst cases, banned.

7: that's their problem, and not an advantage.

tell me, have you seen any former moderators?

1. its an advantage because first of all it makes it easier for them to trade, second of all its annoying if i want to only see my friends chat or no chat at all and some pmod is spamming.

2. ok

3. jagex shouldnt make them mods in the first place.

4. yeah but nothing happens to the mod.

5. ive seen a mod in castlewars say "ill mute you all if you attack me!", i reported him because he was power abusing and hes still a mod to this day.

6. nope they just get a slap on the wrist basically

7. it is because people dont doubt them due to a SYMBOL.

i know lots of ex-mods who quit because the modding system is BS now. they also all said unless you BEG for attention, people dont harrass you because of modness.

I am a player mod and I did not see anything there that reqired a mute. Jagex has specific rules regarding mutes. As a mod you can not just go around throwing mutes at anyone that you see.

And, technicly player mods do not have to do anything.

So if I told you your mother is a female dog and your father is a homo sapiens, you can only listen?!

1. P mods don't have to do anything and they could have reported them. etc.

2. Are you 10years old? Go google homo sapien, "your father is a homo spaien" um. ok, ty??? :P

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg