Gender Dysphoria

The Dark Lord

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe a 16 year old should be allowed to make a life-changing decision such as that.

If you think differently, then that's nice too.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I don't believe a 16 year old should be allowed to make a life-changing decision such as that.

If you think differently, then that's nice too.

Hm? I was just going completely off-topic with that whole thing. While there are exceptions, I'm not a fan of youngins making huge life-changing decisions either. Life-changing decisions are all good, but when the effects are difficult or impossible to reverse... well someone should be a bit older before deciding on that kind of thing. Even I and my weird self held off some decisions for a later date.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Yeah I can agree with that, some 16 year olds are responsible and mature enough to make loads of life decisions. (Now I can see where you were coming from with your post, sorry).

I thought you were referring to Seps case (some may disagree with me, that's fine) in which I don't think anything should be allowed to go ahead until at least 18.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Yeah I can agree with that, some 16 year olds are responsible and mature enough to make loads of life decisions. (Now I can see where you were coming from with your post, sorry).

I thought you were referring to Seps case (some may disagree with me, that's fine) in which I don't think anything should be allowed to go ahead until at least 18.

Glad we've come to an understanding and actually are in agreement with this specific situation. How grand. I am wondering if it is even legal for anything to be done at his/her age?

No, I cannot get anything done until at least 18. I'm a rather mature 16-year-old, but I would still want a little time before making a HUGE decision such as this. At the moment, I definitely want to follow through with my decision, but I want to be SURE before I go off getting surgery and hormone treatment.

However, this is one of those things in which it is best to start as early as possible.

I'm also consulting medical professionals.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

No, I cannot get anything done until at least 18. I'm a rather mature 16-year-old, but I would still want a little time before making a HUGE decision such as this. At the moment, I definitely want to follow through with my decision, but I want to be SURE before I go off getting surgery and hormone treatment.

However, this is one of those things in which it is best to start as early as possible.

That's good, you seem to be going about this is the right manner. My one piece of warning though is not too get everything set up too soon or you may not have the chance to realize that it's not what you truly want. Start working at it, but go slowly and think a lot more before going through with it. Good luck with everything though.

That's good, you seem to be going about this is the right manner. My one piece of warning though is not too get everything set up too soon or you may not have the chance to realize that it's not what you truly want. Start working at it, but go slowly and think a lot more before going through with it. Good luck with everything though.

Thanks.

SWAG

I find this topic highly interesting, because i have some issues with gender and sex to.

Both genders have certain advantages and disadvantages, so i guess ultimately it doesn't really matter wich you are. I guess though our society favours females. Aggressivity in all forms is looked down upon. Maybe i have a wrong impression, because my mother really hated all outbursts, but i really feel trapped inside. If i wouldn't have music, i guess i would have become some serial killer or would run amok.

Often enough i feel like being male would make me a bad person. I mean testosterone is good for what? For nothing society approves of.

Actually i feel good, being aggressive and maniac, but i'm also scared of acting like that.

From that perspective is it that i wondered where Serephurus' probably with his parents is. If i where in that position i wouldn't care what my parents say or do, because i go with my head through walls. The only reason i care about others is because of various kinds of fear. (well and because of some aesthetic reasons <-- and that feels kinda alien)

On the whole debatte on the naturality of transgenders: Who cares about what is natural? Applying lipstick certainly isn't natural, yet how many woman do it? Wearing clothes isn't natural. Surgery isn't natural. Getting tattoed isn't natural. Cutting your hair isn't natural. (Has anybody ever seen an animal doing any of these things?)

Personally i would consider changing my gender, if i could do it magically. Surgery =/ but that's just me.

'nother thing: Considering that your parents get that emotional about the issue at hand, their opinion can't be worth much, considering that it doesn't affect them in any way. If you were to change their genders, then they should get emotional. They don't have to approve what you are considering to do, the way you describe what's goig on at your place though.. *shakes head*.. if they were my parents, i wouldn't allow them to act that silly. You really can't allow your parents to jump around with you in that way. You are definitely not a leo (roaar).

blaah, blaah.. oi.. i'm tired..

I agree with kelem on the matter of parents. Ultimately it's your own life and only you have to live it. This sounds very harsh but it's a hard fact.

If they truly love you they will eventually accept what has happened and understand what you're going through is very hard. Changing ones sex must be an extremely difficult thing to go through, not to mention major surgery and all the social pressures. It's not to be taken lightly as I don't think anyone would go through it all for a laugh, or on a whim.

The above goes the same for friends too, true friends will stick by you. If they don't, then they are not worth knowing.

On the whole debatte on the naturality of transgenders: Who cares about what is natural? Applying lipstick certainly isn't natural, yet how many woman do it? Wearing clothes isn't natural. Surgery isn't natural. Getting tattoed isn't natural. Cutting your hair isn't natural. (Has anybody ever seen an animal doing any of these things?)

28j9kqx.png

When you can be this cute wearing clothes, it's only natural to. <3:

I agree, the whole naturality debate is completely hypocritical; transgenders are unnatural and therefor bad, wearing clothes is unnatural and therefor ...acceptable?

1z2zrwo.jpg

[hide]

I find this topic highly interesting, because i have some issues with gender and sex to.

Both genders have certain advantages and disadvantages, so i guess ultimately it doesn't really matter wich you are. I guess though our society favours females. Aggressivity in all forms is looked down upon. Maybe i have a wrong impression, because my mother really hated all outbursts, but i really feel trapped inside. If i wouldn't have music, i guess i would have become some serial killer or would run amok.

Often enough i feel like being male would make me a bad person. I mean testosterone is good for what? For nothing society approves of.

Actually i feel good, being aggressive and maniac, but i'm also scared of acting like that.

From that perspective is it that i wondered where Serephurus' probably with his parents is. If i where in that position i wouldn't care what my parents say or do, because i go with my head through walls. The only reason i care about others is because of various kinds of fear. (well and because of some aesthetic reasons <-- and that feels kinda alien)

Personally i would consider changing my gender, if i could do it magically. Surgery =/ but that's just me.

'nother thing: Considering that your parents get that emotional about the issue at hand, their opinion can't be worth much, considering that it doesn't affect them in any way. If you were to change their genders, then they should get emotional. They don't have to approve what you are considering to do, the way you describe what's goig on at your place though.. *shakes head*.. if they were my parents, i wouldn't allow them to act that silly. You really can't allow your parents to jump around with you in that way. You are definitely not a leo (roaar).

[/hide]

Nothing's really wrong with males. Afterall, a man's arms are a woman's fortress. O:) Nothing compares to a strong, gentle, loving man embracing you.

SWAG

[hide]

[/hide]

Nothing's really wrong with males. Afterall, a man's arms are a woman's fortress. O:) Nothing compares to a strong, gentle, loving man embracing you.

Or are you gay or not? I remember you saying on another topic that you felt like a women but weren't gay.

[hide]

[/hide]

Or are you gay or not? I remember you saying on another topic that you felt like a women but weren't gay.

If a transgirl likes males that doesn't make them gay.

[hide]

[/hide]

In my book, they're still a man until they don't have the genitilia anymore.

[hide]

[/hide]

I appreciate your appease, but especially gentleness isn't a particular male attribute. Denser Bones, stronger muscles, higher aggression potential - males are geared for violence. I also believe that at some level every woman, well females of any species, wants to be taken by the strongest and meanest, who doesn't care at all about her. That's where the image of Satan as the beast with goat legs and such comes from (also Satyrs are born out of this idea). Wich girl/woman hasn't ever had rape fantasies of one kind or another?

These alpha dog instincts obviously seem to be an evolution mechanism. In our society they seem to pose a problem that is hard to tackle though. At some level we are all - both men and women wild beasts and you can redirect or surpress instincts only so much. I can't tell what is going on inside others, but my instincts yell for totally dominating everybody. My heart and mind tells otherwise though. I can't go around and beat random people to pulp, just because i don't like them. I can't grap every attractive woman by her hair or throat, press them against a wall or the ground and [bleep] them from behind. It isn't easy. It isn't easy.

I feel the same way. Society is making men into women and then wondering why "chivalry is dead". Boys are taught to shut up and sit still in class and church and if they don't, it's obviously a problem with their mental capacity so stick them on Ridilin, right? :roll:. People can't seem to understand that being aggressive and loud is often what makes a boy male. I think there are major issues with an educational system that tries to treat boys like they are girls, and make them act like girls, learn like girls, and then wonder why boys break more rules and are more aggressive and have outbursts in class. It's because the system is tiered towards females. Boys shouldn't have to apologize for being boys.

All of this is in general, of course.

summerpngwy6.jpg

[hide]

[/hide]

In my book, they're still a man until they don't have the genitilia anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity

IMO a person's gender is the gender that they identify with, not their biological sex.

@kylem:

Maybe you should go to an endocrinologist and find out your testosterone levels. You might have severely-high testosterone levels. A specialist might be able to help lower it and help you out.

@Jordan:

You are right. Gender is only how you see yourself, and it includes behavior associated with either male or female and can vary from culture to culture. Sex corresponds with gonads, sexual organs, etc.

SWAG

@insane: I'm glad you see my point, because i'm not that convinced about my words per se. I just feel that there is something wrong with our society regarding agressivity, gender, and so on, something that wasn't a problem, before emanzipation. I'm not saying that we should go back, but i believe school shootings and similar things are the tip of the icberg of this particular problem.

The movie "Fight Club" is about exact that issue.

@kylem:

Maybe you should go to an endocrinologist and find out your testosterone levels. You might have severely-high testosterone levels. A specialist might be able to help lower it and help you out.

I actually doubt that that that is the problem.

@kylem:

Exactly. Just because someone is aggressive or hyperactive doesn't automatically mean they need downers, frig. It just means that they need to release it, via activity like hunting, rock climbing, or some other sort of activity. Society just looks down upon most of these activities because they involve risks or danger, and we're so overprotective of our kids nowadays that we won't let them outside to play soccer without surrounding them with 4ft. of sponge.

summerpngwy6.jpg

@kylem:

Exactly. Just because someone is aggressive or hyperactive doesn't automatically mean they need downers, frig. It just means that they need to release it, via activity like hunting, rock climbing, or some other sort of activity. Society just looks down upon most of these activities because they involve risks or danger, and we're so overprotective of our kids nowadays that we won't let them outside to play soccer without surrounding them with 4ft. of sponge.

Yea, its' kinda' sad...I can just imagine that persons mind...They probably read all these theoretical (or factual, whatever) websites having to do with gender and hormones and crap and automatically think they have the answers to peoples "problems".

...Sometimes, guys...There is no problem. People don't need their hormone levels fudged with and to be put on anti-depressants and all this other crap 24/7.

"If I did break into a hotel room to steal my trophies, this is how it happened."

@kylem:

Well... what do we learn in school? Sitting on a chair for hours without moving.

On those who get downers: Maybe they need downers, so they can sit quietly on their chairs. There isn't anything else they are supposed to do after all.

Hm.. i just thought about my childhood. We hard a fairly big garden and the forest was only a couple minutes footwalk away, but what about kids that grow up in the city? Sure - they can go to the park, but it isn't quite the same, i guess. (Another thing about growing up in the city: I wonder what effect on the psyche it has, when all you see when you look out the window is a gray wall, opposed to seeing trees and stuff.)

do you have a female's body and mind with that "extra male part"? or fully male body with a female mind?

Fully male body with a female mind.

SWAG