Homeschoolers

Merry

I'm just curious...Who all on here is homeschool and why?

How long have you been homeschooled? have you ever been?

I myself am homeschooled and have been all my life. Originally the reason was as a child my mom wanted to be able to teach me about not only school work stuff but how to be good and love God. Then when I was old enough to decide for my self my mom said I could and I basically liked being homeschooled so I am still to this day homeschooled. Its great being homeschooled, you don't have to spend 6 hours a day doing school work. as soon as your done with your work, your DONE! Everyone of my 5 brothers have been homeschooled all their lives as well. The oldest being 24 I think...After the first few years of homeschooling we were all free to go to public school if we so chose too. The funny thing is...We live right across the street from an elementry school.

It might sound cool with having minimal homework and whatnot, but the social aspect that highschool provides is non-existant in homeschooling. I'm not saying people who are homeschooled have no friends, just that they don't get to experience highschool. As far as I'm concerned highschool is a crucial thing in the development of normal-seeming adult.

peterstretchfn5.gif

If I will ever have children, I definetely won't homeschool them. I have all these good and some bad too memories from school and I wouldn't change them away. Homeschooling sounds kinda boring but thats just my opinion.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

I think most homeschoolers interact very well with not only children their ages but also adults. My best friend Olivia also homeschools and we get together alot during the week. Since she is homeschooled as well she spends the night with us during the week and sometimes stays for a few days at a time. We are crazy peoples! lol. Sure when being homeschooled you don't really do the prom thing and stuff like that, to some people thats really important, but to me it really doesn't bother me. And Also I don't want to be normal, I want to be me. My social development is not lacking, accually I am quite outgoing. Some people are just not meant to be homeschooled, but some it just works better for them to go to public school. Yes homeschooling can be boring sometimes, but most of the time I find things to do. I read alot of books and I like art. I do spend time on the computer sometimes as well. I listen to music a lot. Play the piano sometimes and I am learning french a bit on the side. also next week I will begin taking Martial Arts.

I am 16 now and am in year 11 (The final year of high school in England) , and I have been homeschooled since the beginning of year 8.

At first I missed the social side of school, but I am still in regular contact with my friends and I also go out most evenings so I do have contact with other people my age. (Although a lot of them are a little annoying :? .)

I have just got into college and start in September...so the academic side is obviously not a problem. :)

The main reason I hated school was the way they tried to regiment their students. (You must have 5 stripes showing on your tie, you must only have two earings, your hair must not be dyed.)

All in all, homeschooling is a very good thing, as long as you are actually motivated enough to do the work.

It might sound cool with having minimal homework and whatnot, but the social aspect that highschool provides is non-existant in homeschooling. I'm not saying people who are homeschooled have no friends, just that they don't get to experience highschool. As far as I'm concerned highschool is a crucial thing in the development of normal-seeming adult.

Going to have to disgaree. I was in highschool for 2 years and they were the worst 2 years of my life. No, I wasn't made fun of, I was actually considered "popular", I was friend's with everyone. They were horrible because around that age, everyone starts acting...Well, stupid. They start doing drugs and drinking and getting into trouble. It wasn't something I wanted to be associated with, so I graduated early just to get away from people's stupidity. I mean come on...Coming to school drunk AND high? And to think these people are now going to go to college on their parents money and do the SAME thing. I fear for our generation, I really do.

I *wish* I were homeschooled. "Social lives" aren't as good as people seem to think. Your friends aren't really your friends, no matter what you think. I think you get my point anyways. So I'm done typing.

I've never been homeschooled, but my sister is right now, she's 16.

I *wish* I were homeschooled. "Social lives" aren't as good as people seem to think. Your friends aren't really your friends, no matter what you think. I think you get my point anyways. So I'm done typing.

Maybe it was just people pretending to be your friends because they felt sorry for you? Because thats a bunch of BS right there.

I think homeschooling is terrible, the kids should be given a choice of whether or not they want to be labeled a freak for the first quarter of their lives. Look, its true. Everyone I've ever known makes fun of homeschooled kids when they're brought up.

-I live across the street from one. He's not a [developmentally delayed] or anything, but he drives a silver minivan and wears yellow glasses with stars for the eyes. Maybe there are some normal homeschooled kids, but that guy right there is what a lot of people think of when they hear "homeschooled kid."

I had one when i was like 10 because i had real bad Astma and the govement or something.. and it was so bad! and since then i loved school, school is not just for learning its for mixing! it was so boring just me and the teacher for the whole day! ill choose school anyday! thats why i only had for 3 months :D

I have been homeschooled for 2 years (this being my second).

I get done with all my work in 2 hours and then im free to do what i want.

I got home schooled because well 1 i wanted to and 2 my grades were low (like really low f's-c's) now that im homeschooled im A's and B's

thats just my $.2

100completepl0.png

<( *-* )> <(*-* <) (> *-*)> <( *-* )>

Going to have to disgaree. I was in highschool for 2 years and they were the worst 2 years of my life. No, I wasn't made fun of, I was actually considered "popular", I was friend's with everyone. They were horrible because around that age, everyone starts acting...Well, stupid. They start doing drugs and drinking and getting into trouble. It wasn't something I wanted to be associated with, so I graduated early just to get away from people's stupidity. I mean come on...Coming to school drunk AND high? And to think these people are now going to go to college on their parents money and do the SAME thing. I fear for our generation, I really do.

I've never been homeschooled, but my sister is right now, she's 16.

*off topic*

Just because your friends are like that doesn't mean eveyone else is. There's no such thing as jocks, nerds, cool or anything like that in my school.

Btw, what kind of school did you go to?

*on topic*

How does homeschooling work exactly? All I know is the parents teach the children.

When I left school for uni I realised how good school had been. I have so many great memories from it (I also have some bad ones too) I am glad that I went to school instead of being homeschooled. There is so many social or life lessons learnt while I was in school and I can't imagine getting them to the same extent if I was homeschooled.

sig2ho7.jpg

I have been homeschooled for 2 years (this being my second).

I get done with all my work in 2 hours and then im free to do what i want.

I got home schooled because well 1 i wanted to and 2 my grades were low (like really low f's-c's) now that im homeschooled im A's and B's

thats just my $.2

I hope that was a typo, or you might have just put yourself and homeschooling down... No offence...

Homeschooling for me would be weird, I can't sit there the whole time doing work, I need to talk to someone.

Your friends aren't really your friends, no matter what you think. I think you get my point anyways. So I'm done typing.

I think I'm in your situation kind of, I had the greatest friends at my old school, then I had to switch to this other school, and everyone there is really weird and even though I'm friends with some of them, it's not a friendly relationship, just friends at school, but we never do anything or talk outside. Hard to explain.

I was homeschooled from grade 1 to my last year of high school, I don't think it damaged me and I had a choice to go to school, but i knew i would get a better education at home. I had friends, other homeschool kids, people I knew from work, people i knew on my sports teams and just other kids too.

Oh and I don't drive a silver minivan and wear yellow star glasses. :evil:

I graduated from high school with homeschooling. My parents wanted

me to have a Christian education. I still had my friends from previous

schools so I would'nt say I was socially deprived. I did dramatically

better in homeschool because it is much less distracting without any

trouble makers and I learned a lot more than I ever could at other

schools. In my opinion, the methods I were taught with were much

better than a traditional schools' as well. And, for those who are wondering,

being taught at home is'nt a new concept at all if you think about it. ;)

Maybe it was just people pretending to be your friends because they felt sorry for you? Because thats a bunch of BS right there.

I think homeschooling is terrible, the kids should be given a choice of whether or not they want to be labeled a freak for the first quarter of their lives. Look, its true. Everyone I've ever known makes fun of homeschooled kids when they're brought up.

-I live across the street from one. He's not a mentally challenged or anything, but he drives a silver minivan and wears yellow glasses with stars for the eyes. Maybe there are some normal homeschooled kids, but that guy right there is what a lot of people think of when they hear "homeschooled kid."

There is no reason to feel sorry for me, at all. Nice assumption though, considering you don't know a thing about me.

Very very few people have real "friends". You may be one of the few who have *real* friends. I observe people, and one thing that's always similar is EVERYONE has that one story about "that one friend who stabbed them in the back", I'm sure you do aswell.

Thanks for calling my opinion "BS", though. I'll remember free speech isn't allowed, communist. :)

I hope that was a typo, or you might have just put yourself and homeschooling down... No offence...

Homeschooling for me would be weird, I can't sit there the whole time doing work, I need to talk to someone.

umm what are you talking if u didnt know that i did a $ meaning money then a period ( . ) then a 2 ($.2) meaning two cents

i just put $.2 after alot of my posts (not this forum cause i dunno i just dont)

100completepl0.png

<( *-* )> <(*-* <) (> *-*)> <( *-* )>

you couldnt lie to the teacher about the dog eating your homework

or having a friend sign a bad test in your parent's name

personally, im glad i wasn't homeschooled because having other kids in my classes made going to school worth it

umm what are you talking if u didnt know that i did a $ meaning money then a period ( . ) then a 2 ($.2) meaning two cents

$.2 = 20 cents

$.02 = 2 cents

:wink: :lol:

160vy.png

Different People use different types of ways to learn when their homeschooled. I've been using a program on the computer for the past maybe 5 years. We also used to use paces(small booklet type things that has like so many pages and you have to finish so many paces) Also the BIG BOOKS that you fill out we have used in the past.

I think alot of the kids my age are so immature. I accually prefer people older. Though my best friend is 15( a year younger) and she's homeschooled. We get along VERY well, ALMOST TOO well.

We're so crazy together!

Also Not all homeschoolers are freaks, I just happen to be one that is...AND I'd never change it anyday!

No I don't wear crazy sunglasses, I wear long Flowing skirts and sweaters and I go barefoot. A combination of homeschooler country bumpkin. LOL!

I laugh(they shudder! lol) when I think of going to Highschool, What would they do with me!?! lol.

I'm currently a junior in highschool, and am being homeschooled this year. I went to public school from pre-school to 10th grade. I started getting real bad headaches and couldn't concentrate, plus there were so many [racist term]s and wetbacks disturbing class. I'm getting surgery for my jaw which causes the headaches, and will go back as a senior.

Homeschool isn't that bad. I still hang out with friends a lot. It's hard work, but it will make my senior year very easy because I won't have to worry about Physics and Calculus.

No way Id ever give up highschool for homeschool. I just couldnt give up sports, messin with the teachers durin class :lol: , bein with my friends all day ( and yes Tigre my friends are my REAL friends and I know they got my back no matter what!!!) Jus way too much stuff at highschool to give up! :P

supdarklinkel1.jpg

Hmm I feel sorry for you if that's what it's like for you.

dunno, most homeschoolers end up overly religious, forced to be a certain way by parents or not as smart for some reason.

How many homeschoolers do you know? I hope a lot like at least 80% of the kids in the country. On average most homeschoolers get better grades and test scores then average kids, maybe it's because of just being smarter or maybe it's better teaching.

Oh, I wouldn't want to be home schooled ever..

I mean, You get to interact with so many people, mostly good, some bad, you learn to deal with people, learn to deal with social situations, Meet friend etc etc. Im quite shy and if I were homeschooled I wouldn't have met a lot of people.. And school is also for learning.. I guess.. :lol:

Hmm I feel sorry for you if that's what it's like for you.

Why do you morons keep saying you feel sorry for me? It's everyone, not just me. You just don't know it yet. Like I said, everyone has that "That one friend that stabbed me in the back" story. If you don't, you will.

I have a few friends that have always been cool, but not many.