Why Melee has an Advantage over Rangers/Mages.

DarkDude

Armour.

Their armour DOESN'T effect how they hit unlike it does with rangers/mages.

If a mage is killing a meleer, they can just go into dragonhide. Without their attack suffering.

Ranger armour isn't that bad anyway, but if they switch to rune to avoid Melee attacks they can't hit with range.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but rune also doenst give att boost, so its actually bullcrap what your saying

That's the point. Without their Armour Mages/Rangers suck. But any type of Armour doesn't effect Melee what so ever.

And back on RSC Mages could wear full rune, God Cape, and God staff and basically own. Same with Rangers.

Your point?

It's ruining the Triangle.

Mages Can't kill meleers because they can just switch to Dragonhide armour and it doesn't effect how they hit.

Say it was a Mage Vs Mage. If one of the mages switched to Dragonhide armour they wouldn't hit.

Melee Vs Mage. Mage is winning, so Melee switches to Dragonhide armour, preventing the Mage from hitting while the melee can still attack and not be effected.

And back on RSC Mages could wear full rune, God Cape, and God staff and basically own. Same with Rangers.

Your point?

It's ruining the Triangle.

Mages Can't kill meleers because they can just switch to Dragonhide armour and it doesn't effect how they hit.

Say it was a Mage Vs Mage. If one of the mages switched to Dragonhide armour they wouldn't hit.

Melee Vs Mage. Mage is winning, so Melee switches to Dragonhide armour, preventing the Mage from hitting while the melee can still attack and not be effected.

Its not ruining it, if a meleer wanted to avoid magic, they could just as easily take off their armor.

Can things be added to the armors to fix this? Maybe, but I wouldn't say its ruining it.

Just add negative melee bonuses on the Mage and Range armor, problem solved.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Dude...they could just do the same thing...I haven't seen a pure mage/ranger in months. :roll: Personally, I have the same str and range, and then a lower mage, but I still do all.

So bring a second style of attack (melee or range). :?

Jagex said pures will be powerful, but people who use all 3 skills will be better.

And have no room for food?

As it is, when I mage i only have 16 spaces for food. If I bring a Weapon that's 15 spaces for food. If It's a bow, I'd have to bring was ranger armour (2 parts) That's 13 Spaces for food.

Making Range/Mage armour have Negative Melee attack would work well :)

"some" things culd b done to the triangle, but i think warriors do need to be kept from wearing dragonhide, but thats about it. having negative melee values on mage armor is going a bit too far, since the mystic and splitbark armor doesnt give a very good melee or ranged defense.

mite also help to do something about rune or add new crystal armor. rangers hit like crazy now, especially on the new mages, and still meleers. i was hitting constant 8+ when fun dueling a 102...which shuldnt b happening. seeing how mages hit on rangers nowadays, this is obviously too powerful.

"some" things culd b done to the triangle, but i think warriors do need to be kept from wearing dragonhide, but thats about it. having negative melee values on mage armor is going a bit too far, since the mystic and splitbark armor doesnt give a very good melee or ranged defense.

mite also help to do something about rune or add new crystal armor. rangers hit like crazy now, especially on the new mages, and still meleers. i was hitting constant 8+ when fun dueling a 102...which shuldnt b happening. seeing how mages hit on rangers nowadays, this is obviously too powerful.

Adding negative attack bonuses to Range and Mage armor wouldn't effect the defense bonuses of the armor (obviously). It just means that when wearing mage or range armor... you wouldn't be able to hit well with a melee weapon.

Just like if you cast a magic spell wearing full rune, you more then likely wont hit.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Also, even if we can't fight as good with the armor, we would still be able to run away like noobs with better mage def with our ranger armor on. This is fair anyways because mage and rangers can run better because meleers can't reach as far if they get away a little.

But I don't want to mess with meleers wearing dragonhide, because we depend on it to kill most of the slayer monsters, since they use magical att.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Melee- 3 skills to train

Ranger- 1 skill to train

Mage- 1 skill to train

Exactly, the other classes have it easy as is.

Do you think, Perhaps, that the Black Dragon lives in the Black Dragon Cave!?

Blackmagecc.png

I'm a firm believer of typing with proper grammar on the interwebs. Oh yes.

Melee- 3 skills to train

Ranger- 1 skill to train

Mage- 1 skill to train

Exactly, the other classes have it easy as is.

Oh yeah..its not like once you get past 80 it costs 500k+ to get one level...no no no..mages have it easy :roll:

As far as range it is easy to level...but range gets pwnt nowdays.

spritera6.gif

.::Sig Always By Me::.

rangers and mages own against meleers atm anyway:

rangers can hit meleers when meleers cant hit rangers(across a fence or something)

magers ditto+mage beats melee armour

and

Melee- 3 skills to train

Ranger- 1 skill to train

Mage- 1 skill to train

melee-4 if u count range 2 be able to wear dragonhide

yeah, but mage and range can be expensive if you dont have a high fletching or runecrafting lvl.

Also, melee has prayers to boost atk, str and def, mages and rangers dont.Mages and rangers only having normal pots, while melle has super pots. and i got more but i'll leave it to you guys to figure them out.

Ferahgo28.jpeg

GODSLAYER IS A PIXEL BEAST!

Guest Emortal

Okay,

Something Ive noticed:

Ive noticed a hell of alot of meleers and mages here posting topics like:

Damned rangers always win

Rangers get it easy

Rangers get all the advantages with no disadvantages

You get the idea?

Well, now someone has posted a disadvantage and the replies he get is:

So what? Lets all cry that rangers dont kill us all

Your talking [cabbage].

Who cares?

This guy is giving you what youve always been asking for! Youve asked for a disadvantage, he gives you one and suddenly you all dont care and start near flaming him for doing so...

More ontopic:

Melee advantages -

- Better armour

- Cheaper (You only have to buy things once, not thousands for arrows, runes etc.)

- More weapons

- The ability to switch armour in a fight to no ATT cost.

- Long distance fighting (Halberds)

- Poisoned weapons stay poisoned. (You dont have to poison 5 daggers at a time etc.)

- Special attacks

- Prayers to boost Melee stats

- Super potions

- You hit somethng with you weapon and it doesnt have a 50/50 chance of disappearing (like arrows) or just disappear alltogether (like runes)

Mage advantage

- Bigass powerful spells

- Teleport spells

- Rune spawns all across the map

- Ranged fighting

- Bind, Snare, Entagle spells

- Only 2 Skills to train, not 3

- Normal potions

Range advantage

- Ranged fighting

- Special attacks

- Only 2 Skills to train, not 3

- Normal potions

Anything else?

Melee- 3 skills to train

Ranger- 1 skill to train

Mage- 1 skill to train

melee-4 if u count range 2 be able to wear dragonhide

Hm... Im gonna point out 2 things here:

Number 1

Actually, Its range 8 because if you want:

Range - for obvious reasons

Defense - for your dreagonhide

Attack - Incase you want to switch to a dragon melee weapon

Strength - ^^ So you can do damage with that weapon

Magic - To teleport and bind/snare/entangle

Fletching - so you dont have to buy arrows

Crafting - make your own dragonhide armour.

Ill stop there, but you see my point? You cant get sympathy because "Oh dear god look at that he's been forced to train that skill by his own choice." can you?

Number 2

You arent going to do well in the wildy with 80 Range, 1 Defense now are you? You cant even wear the normal leather range armour nevermind dragonskin. Youd be hitting 2's and 3's against their 20's and 30's.

All you who say "Range has it easy because they dont have to train as much"... well youve probably never tried training on black demons or whatever with Long-range mode. The shots take ages and you get about 2xp per damage. It sucks.

Now... Let the flaming comense!

but rune also doenst give att boost, so its actually bullcrap what your saying

That's the point. Without their Armour Mages/Rangers suck. But any type of Armour doesn't effect Melee what so ever.

Exactly! Thats why I PK in splitbark. Melee+magic together. I even gring a magic short sometimes too, but thats usually in mystic robes.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

R00n doesnt give atk bonus coz its so heavy that the user cant move at full speed and power. Actually it should lower ur offensive abilities.

Mages get atk bonus from wearing robes coz their magical power comes from exactly those robes.

Rangers get atk bonus from wearing hides for reasons that are not known to me. If u wanna remove the attack bonus from hides, do it but ull just be damaging urself.

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

Jagex said pures will be powerful, but people who use all 3 skills will be better.

As it is, when I mage i only have 16 spaces for food. If I bring a Weapon that's 15 spaces for food. If It's a bow, I'd have to bring was ranger armour (2 parts) That's 13 Spaces for food.

h last time i checked the was 28 spaces... is it even possible to use 8 different runes in one pk trip?

and in support to your point, i wouldnt mind attack bonuses for wearing armour, only making melee more strong...

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

h last time i checked the was 28 spaces... is it even possible to use 8 different runes in one pk trip?

and in support to your point, i wouldnt mind attack bonuses for wearing armour, only making melee more strong...

Charge + God Spells take 3 different runes.

Entangle Uses 3 different ones.

And teleblock uses another 3 runes. Making 9 spaces for runes.

Then, another 3 spaces taken up by potion (Anti-poison, Super Defence (Maybe) Mage Pot (If needed)

That's another 3 spaces. Leaving just 16 for food.