Should a top 5 clan have members pking w/ no honor

The_Man955

Please don't misunderstand the title as this is not an attempt to flame.

The clan I belong to (2+ years now) does not permitt it's members to pk with no honor clans. Punishment would be boot out of the clan. This is what I have lived by these past 2 years. Then I come to find out just today that DF has members pking with AG (A no honor clan) and one of these members is a DF warlord.

I wonder is the way my clan does not allow us to pk with no honor really matter and if so to who???

So I ask the clan world...

Does this hurt a clan's image?

Could this build ties between honor and no honor that affects the outcome of wars and pks between two honor clans?

X-DF Member

QUOTE(leet_pker_pt @ Oct 18 2007, 11:13 AM) before i quit df he flamed me, well, i think he have flamed every df that wasnt in ds?another reason i quit was the "pact" with ag, your warlord pk witht them everytime,

Active DF Member

QUOTE(Whitewizkid @ Oct 18 2007, 04:16 PM) He pk's with them on p2p, while this isnt the best of things to be doing for a clans image, it isn't f2p. Its not a clan fight between 2 clans. They are not crashing people on p2p. Its just people making money on p2p and having fun. At least he isn't 1 iteming the fights etc. They are honour (well tbh no clan is honour on p2p) pkers on p2p and they actually pk in proper gear etc and dont just go around 1 iteming. If AG were to stop coming to f2p they would probally be considered 'honour' tbh

Cor 4 life

As a clan leader I have some idea what this is about, so i'll give a detailed answer to your question.

I guess its part of clan image, largely in the sense that not allowing to go no-honour-ing means that you cant find a way around your clan's no honour rule...

The people who want to go no honour pk-ing that are in a clan that doesnt allow it, will always try to find a way around it by going with another clan. Personally I've solved this by having a not-too-harshly-enforced no multi clanning rule...

However, I do think it lacks some leadership qualities. I can understand that you want to have your clan to have a respectable image, but sometimes things just need to be done, regardless of rules, law or honor (sometimes, Angels ened a sharp sword too). Another thing is that it narrows the spectrum of players your clan will attract, and hence broaded the ones they'll reject. I've solved this by having my clan notify me of things they'd like to see and see done, and then I would work out a solution that wouldnt infringe too much on the reputation my clan has.

An added side bonus is that if you keep changing, but only change a little, your clan wouldnt fit in any of the traditional stereotypes: Community, PK or Skill to name the popular ones...

The question you should ask yourself is:

Do you want to fit in this stereo type? If you cannot endure it, you should see if more people in your clan want a change of direction. If the leadership then fails to act on it, I'd say its time for a career in a different clan...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I find it funny how a certain clan *cough df cough* cries about corruption so called teaming with NH when they hold hands with AG everytime they go into the wilderness.

Its one rule for one clan, but different ruls for another

I'm getting tired of the phrase "honor pking"

Honestly(no pun intented) I think there is no "honor" in pking in the first place. When you go PKing, your goal is to have fun, and get some good items in the easiest way possible. People can PK however they want to, in my eyes none is worse than the other. If the game allows it, it ain't cheating now is it? Now warring, thats a different story. Usually wars have set rules, and if they are broken, that could maybe go along the lines of no honor. But just going to the wilderness to kill players? Nothing wrong with praying, teleing, "safing", or even piling. If you are trying to kill someone, do you do it with the 3 people you have, or let two watch while 1 barely survives/dies. I think the wilderness is about survival, not honor.

I probably just don't get it though. Most PK clans/PKers must think that there is a player made extension to the Bug Abuse rule, AKA "Honor"/"No-Honor" Pking. Bleh, I'm just glad I'm in a skilling clan, so I don't have to deal with all of this crap.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Does this hurt a clan's image? - I would think so, at least in my opinion. Seeing any Honor clan with NH members disgusts me. If an Honor clan is PKing with NH members, probably just to increase ops, that so-called Honor clan is accepting the NH style; the clan might as well go NH...That's why there is Honor & No Honor. The line is there for a reason.

Could this build ties between honor and no honor that affects the outcome of wars and pks between two honor clans? - Outcomes will most definitely be affected. Honor clan + foreign NH members = more ops than usual. A clan must be desperate to team with NH.

Now if an Honor & an NH clan are in a war & an Honor clan accidently crashes, of course the Honor & NH clans will team, but that's different circumstances.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I'm getting tired of the phrase "honor pking"

Honestly(no pun intented) I think there is no "honor" in pking in the first place. When you go PKing, your goal is to have fun, and get some good items in the easiest way possible. People can PK however they want to, in my eyes none is worse than the other. If the game allows it, it ain't cheating now is it? Now warring, thats a different story. Usually wars have set rules, and if they are broken, that could maybe go along the lines of no honor. But just going to the wilderness to kill players? Nothing wrong with praying, teleing, "safing", or even piling. If you are trying to kill someone, do you do it with the 3 people you have, or let two watch while 1 barely survives/dies. I think the wilderness is about survival, not honor.

I probably just don't get it though. Most PK clans/PKers must think that there is a player made extension to the Bug Abuse rule, AKA "Honor"/"No-Honor" Pking. Bleh, I'm just glad I'm in a skilling clan, so I don't have to deal with all of this crap.

I'm with this guy, i mean its the wilderness. Lets try an example...

If you were being run down by a murder and you came across a gun when the murderer doesnt have one, are you going to let him find one so that it would be a fair and honorable fight? probably not. You'll probably shoot him on spot and take his L00T (:P).

Well my only definition of a no honour clan is one that does not honour its agreements. For instance one that deliberately breaks the rules that it agreed to follow in a war. Praying, one iteming, telieing, these things if not agreed upon are not no honour but using what strategyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s you may for success. Although I do not like it when my men and I are engaged by pkers who one item while we risk full rune we have a much easier time defeating them.

As to your main question about what we think of a clan like df who claim to be an honour clan having members pk with no honour clans:

I can only speak for myself here but I believe this is their memberÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s choice, and it is up to their clan to decide what to do about it. If it where against their rules then I should expect them to expel those members after proving their guilt. If they do not then I would think they are not all they make claim to be.

Something similar happened that ended my orders alliance with a clan awhile back. We follow a strict code of ARPK during official events, and discourage our members from attacking skillers in any capacity. We held joint hunts with this other clan who apparently misunderstood the terms of our agreement and wanted to pk most any one they could find. We could not aid them in doing so and the alliance as a result had to be terminated less we become hypocrites.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci