JAG Canceled

wiseTSM

"Malcolm" Lives, "JAG" Doesn't

by Joal Ryan

Apr 5, 2005, 4:05 PM PT

JAG is buying it, Malcolm in the Middle isn't, and for once, ratings didn't really have the final say.

As the TV season heads into May's home stretch, CBS has decommissioned JAG after 10 seasons, while Fox has given Malcolm the go-ahead for season seven.

Last week, JAG ranked a so-so 44th (9 million viewers); Malcolm a lousy 90th (4.2 million), according to Nielsen Media Research.

The difference between the two shows--other than about 5 million viewers? JAG's David James Elliott, who modeled Harm's Navy cut for a decade, signed a development deal with ABC and was due to leave the CBS drama.

No major cast defections are expected on the Malcolm set. Viewer defections, however, are another matter.

The family comedy's ratings are down more than 30 percent from last year. In the season to date, it's averaging 5.6 million viewers--fewer than the endangered Fox comedy Arrested Development (5.9 million).

In a statement, Fox said Malcolm "continues to be one of the most distinctive and creative series on television." (It also continues to be a popular show in syndication.)

JAG debuted on NBC in 1995, got canceled, then moved to CBS in January 1997. Malcolm's been a Fox staple since its 2000 premiere.

The final new episode of JAG is scheduled to air Apr. 29.

Other shows getting recent pickup orders for the 2005-06 season, include: ABC's Alias (27th place last week, 10.8 million viewers); the WB's Blue Collar TV (100th place, 3.3 million); ABC's Boston Legal (currently on spring vacation); ABC's Lost (eighth place, 17.8 million); and, oh, an apparently rather popular ABC show called Desperate Housewives (fourth place, 24.6 million).

-http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,16277,00.html?tnews

:cry:

I really liked the show, its a real shame its going. there was news that the show might move to san diego next season but short of a spin off it looks like that wont happen. the finale better be good.

thoughts?

omg Harm!

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :x

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Reading this, I didn't know it was still on. I thought it was cancelled years ago...Malcolm and Arrested Developement are both good, more people should watch them.

I thought it was also...

I used to watch it alot when we still had good cable on the History channel.

But still, the point is, to some people, that show is like Buffy the Vampire slayer. When it was cancelled... And I liked Buffy too :?

And yeah lol, I like Malcolm and AD too. :wink:

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

You guys need to get out more. :P There are hot women at every corner....But don't use those ones, they're dirty. :lol:

Umm, I never watched JAG much, Malcolm in the Middle was better to me. :P

judging my ure post count u need to get out more :P

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

Maybe its just a coincidence but since when did the history channel start showing episodes of jag.

I was never into the show really, its on at such a bizzare time here I never really got hooked. I'm still trying to get over the loss of "Walker, Texas Ranger" :cry: :D

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

Maybe its just a coincidence but since when did the history channel start showing episodes of jag.

I was never into the show really, its on at such a bizzare time here I never really got hooked. I'm still trying to get over the loss of "Walker, Texas Ranger" :cry: :D

A long time ago anyways...

Back in my old house I used to watch jag.

And that was more that 1 year now.

I never liked JAG, was never any good, I use to watch alot of Mcgyver, on [bleep]e Channel I use to watch dam forgot what name the show was but he went in this alien Ball thingy, and go back few days sometimes a week to stop something that was going to happen.

I never liked JAG, was never any good, I use to watch alot of Mcgyver, on [bleep]e Channel I use to watch dam forgot what name the show was but he went in this alien Ball thingy, and go back few days sometimes a week to stop something that was going to happen.

i was about to insult you for disliking JAG but then you brought up Macgyver, which is the best show ever, so no insults for you...

im going to miss watching JAG :cry:

160vy.png

On tuesdays you should watch one tree hill, on wednesdays you should watch smallville, and on thursdays you needa watch The O.C.

awsome shows :P

monkey24cv.png

|PERM BANNED ON MONKEY 933|

RSN--44warriorz44-|90 str|86 attack|70 def|85 hp|52 pray|102 cmb

--[Proud leader of Final Destination! http://z6.invisionfree.com/RSFinaldestination/index.php?

Requirements for FD!

On tuesdays you should watch one tree hill, on wednesdays you should watch smallville, and on thursdays you needa watch The O.C.

awsome shows :P

typical brainless teen shows.

Yet contains amazingly hot females :wink:

Nah... I dont watch them :roll: